Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Daniel Scardino walked into Menzies' office feeling less intimidated than he ever had when approaching a higher-up - particularly one with the reputation of Eric Menzies.

He set the urn on the desk.

"What's that?" Menzies asked.

Scardino hoped he managed to conceal his surprise at the inanity of the question. There was nothing to be gained in provoking a bad-tempered dog. "The ashes," Scardino said. "The buildings have been -"

"Who killed him?"

Scardino had prepared himself for that question. "I did," he said steadily. He waited for Menzies to demand detail.

"The building is gone?"

"Yes," Scardino replied, wondering if it could possibly be this easy.
Thanks!!

Corrina.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Unfortunately I have no time to give real FDK yet... I just flew over this part and wanted to tell you: WHAAAA (that's me running around in fear for what will happen soon...) help

Deller ... eek eek eek

peep
(I'll hide behind this wall untill everything ist over)

Kathryn

Kathryn
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wow! Clark bringing things to a head is turning out to be a real learning experience, he is realizing, of how he now regrets putting his foot in it, and it's great that he is squirming and trying to figure out what to do now. thumbsup Good thing Lois is such a quick study in adjusting plans based on her excellent assessment of needs. I'm eagerly awaiting what you have up your sleeve next. wave

But I also don't know if I'm ready for their confrontation or whatever with Moyne. peep

EvelynC
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
no! phil deller = moyne??? evil loose end!

Features Writer
Features Writer
This was an interesting part from the very beginning, leading into all sorts of surprise and fear--at least on my part--that something really bad had happened. While this isn't exactly good, per se, it's not as bad as I was fearing when I first read that Lois was in pain and Clark was nowhere in sight.

I think that in the long run this confrontation will be good for both of them, bringing to a head what they both have been sort of dancing around. In a way, Clark is right, at least about realizing that their relationship and their running can't continue forever. I'm not sure what Lois is thinking right now, but she's been so good about adjusting to what he needs that I'm sure she'll come through for us yet again. I just hope that it's not too painful for either one of them.

And I, too, am a bit scared about this stranger getting work with Irig. Then again, if Clark is able to protect Lois from Moyne, that might finally prove to himself that he is worthy of some consideration and respect, and that he's not bad for Lois.

Can't wait for more. Thanks!

Top Banana
Top Banana
How typically Clark--to be so absolutely certain and absolutely wrong at the same time. :p

This *is* my happily ever after.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ok lets throw Moyne out in to space then and Mensez can die of a broken heart after his wife passes away but not before he confesses to where Martha is. This story is still a bit intense. Thankfully Lois is on top of things. More soon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
oh wow, what a chapter!

and OH NOES to whoever is getting a job with Wayne! EEK!!!

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Another excellent part... but I fear a confrontation with Moyne in Smallville is coming up!

Cheers
Elizabeth

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Another interesting part!

Phil Deller sounds a lot like Moyne and I also fear that the confrontation will be in Smallville.

My favourite line though was

But then ... they *couldn't* continue the way they had been. It had been a castle built on a foundation of cotton candy.
The castle ad cotton candy foundation part is such a great description!

And Lois sure is determined - but maybe it is a good idea to act instead of talking and I also thinks Clarks need to go home.

Looking forward to more!

smile

Top Banana
Top Banana
AntiK beat me to it; I was also thinking that perhaps a confrontation with Moyne might be just what is needed to snap Clark out of his funk.

And DW beat me to the quoting of the cotton candy line. goofy

I can't wait to see what happens! More, please.

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oh good, it seems the Deller isn't really dead after all so Moyne isn't as bad as we think... wait, what? MOYNE is in Smallville. Yikes. help

This part was so tough to read. I felt so bad for Lois. Here she opened herself up and confessed something she'd never thought she would to anyone, and Clark being Clark misreads her and decides to do what's best for her. (I understand where he's coming from, but I don't have to like it! laugh ) I'm glad she kept her head, ddi some quick thinking on her feet, and came up with what seems like a great plan (that is until Moyne rears his ugly mug).

"I was 'playing a role'," he said bitterly. "You should understand that."
Ouch. Talk about going for the jugular. frown

Looking back, it had been a naive expectation.
Heh.

His decisiveness had done nothing other than incite hers. And Clark had a sinking feeling that - despite all of his 'powers' - in a battle of wills, Lois would outmuscle him.
Now you're learning buddy! laugh

I can't wait to see where this is going. I'm sad they lost the gentle ease they had the day before, but I'm sure they can get it back as they continue to work through things together. grovel

Anxiously awaiting more!

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Can Shadbolt be a security guard at the Daily Planet? Please? smile

Merriwether
Merriwether
Oh, boy ... the roller coaster has climbed the hill and is starting to plummet again!

I actually liked their confrontation in the motel room. Clark needs to stand up for himself like that. He may not have been right in the "why" this time, but I think it was an important step for him, both in his emotional recovery and in his relationship with Lois. For his own mental health, he needs to practice acting on his emotions instead of burying them and being firm in what he says, and disagreeing with Lois is a safe way to redevelop that self-confidence. Which leads right into why it's actually good for their relationship -- he hasn't figured it out yet, but blowing up at her hasn't destroyed her commitment to him. Once he figures out that they can disagree -- that he can even be completely out of line -- without her leaving him, it will help move them toward that "normal relationship" he is so convinced they can never have. It all circles back to the "trust" part of the story, which is really well done. thumbsup

As for going to Smallville ... I'm withholding judgement until I see more of what you have planned. I think Lois's reason for taking Clark home is a good one; not only will it surround him with familiar things, he will be able to start contributing to their relationship by providing income and housing. The cover story, though? Hmmm.... My first reaction was that it will draw more attention than necessary, and that it has too many holes still to be believable. (Which Lois admits right up front, so at least we know she's still working out the details.) But I've been awed by your story-telling and plotting decisions so far, so I'm more than willing to see how it all plays out. smile

As for Phil Deller ... Yikes!! peep I have no idea who he is, but the whole situation is very ominous. I see that others think he could be Moyne, but Wayne described him as a "young man". How old is Moyne, anyway?

In my mind, I'd pictured Moyne as being closer to Trask's age, but thinking back over what we've been told about him, he certainly could be younger. As Menzie's nephew, he could be similar in age to Menzie's son, and thus the same age (or even younger) than L&C. Yet he's clearly been an agent for several years, especially given how many assignments he's had go wrong and his body count. I guess I'd been thinking that since he'd been working at the prison for years, he must be older, but Lois has had several years' worth of experience at her young age, so ... I guess I need to update the picture in my mind!

Are we supposed to recognize the name Phil Deller, though? I didn't, but a comment above makes me wonder if I should have.

Things are heating up! I can't wait for more!

Kathy

Top Banana
Top Banana
Kathy asked:
Are we supposed to recognize the name Phil Deller, though?
Deller was the first agent Moyne killed in the cell. To my recollection, we were only told the two agents' last names: Deller and Bartotello (sp?)

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ack! Who's Deller?? Is he Moyne in disguise? This can't be good... peep And L&C are having some relationship bumps, which is to be expected -- but like someone (AntiK?) suggested, if this Deller character causes some problems, could it be what Clark needs to pull him out of his self-pity -- find some purpose by saving the day, perhaps? /hopeful smile/

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
"You can *draw*?" Lois asked. "Photo quality?"
Clark, the live-action photo printer.
http://www.direct.xerox.com/shop/office-equipment/printers/phaser-8560

And they're going to Smallville, were Moyne is already lying in waiting.
shock shock shock

You're evil.

Period.

Michael

PS: wink

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Kathryn

peep How's it going behind the wall? cool

Evelyn A new relationship is always going to be a learning experience. When you're an alien and you've had seven years without even seeing a woman ... yes, Clark has a lot to learn laugh

Joy I can't say anything, Joy. wink

Antik

Then again, if Clark is able to protect Lois from Moyne, that might finally prove to himself that he is worthy of some consideration and respect
Interesting idea.

HappyGirl LOL - very true.

Laura
This story is still a bit intense.
Yeah - but Clark isn't getting beaten regularly anymore wink

Bellarase Wayne needs some help - he doesn't know that his neighbour is about to come home smile

Elizabeth A confrontation?

DW As a few have said, it's two steps forward and one back. Things were going a bit easily.

Vicki In some ways, Lois has been very gentle with Clark to this point. She decided to be more proactive.

Emily Your FDK to what you read in this part is kinda of amusing in the light of what I've been writing the past week or so!

Amy

No. But ...

Kathy Very true. In some ways, they were both tippy-toeing around each other. If the relationship is to be strong, it has to become more normal - and that includes some disagreements.

Wayne is probably at least Jonathan's age - late 50s? I'm imagining he would describe anyone under 25 as a kid, and anyone between 25 and perhaps 40 as a young person.

MozartMaid

find some purpose by saving the day, perhaps?
Again, I can't comment, but I liked this!

Michael

Me? Evil? wink

Thanks for the wonderful feedback, everyone.

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard