Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#77415 02/19/11 09:08 PM
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Thanks for all the enthusiastic responses on the first part! I'd love to know what you think of this second part as well.

BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I don't have time to quote my favorite parts, but that was really beautifully done. Clark's actions make so much more sense now that you've given his thoughts a voice. Vivid imagery and lyrical phrases peppered this piece. I loved it.

I can't wait to see the next piece.

B

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
*Sniff, sniff* You took us from the depths of despair to the heights of ecstasy all in one story part. Well done!

Looking forward to part three.

Joy,
Lynn

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I haven't had a chance to comment up to now, but I just love smile1

EvelynC
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aw that was very sweet. Wonderful to see Clark's mind racing through all the dialogue from the show. Great job!

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Excellent job - as always!

Joan

Merriwether
Merriwether
Clark hurts you. He must go.

Superman saves you. He will stay.
A very interesting take on this episode. It all seems so simple, doesn't it? He was messed up and not thinking clearly, and thus not reading the situation correctly ... which only messed him up more. His heartbreak was palatable and his thought-process, while squarely in the "lunkhead" category, was very Clark. smile

I'm really enjoying your work! Keep it coming!

Kathy

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Awh - what a happy turn for Clark. I love seeing his thoughts throughout those scenes. When it dawns on him that Lois is choosing Clark, not Dan, not Superman, but Clark... priceless. And you did a fabulous job conveying the myriad of feelings he's experience. Well done. thumbsup

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Excellent job - I enjoyed reading this as much as the first one!

Well done! clap clap clap

Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Thanks to everyone who's commenting!

This scene is one of my favorites because I've always felt that Clark was giving up everything for Lois while she was growing up for him. So I'm glad you enjoyed it--and found it understandable. I know I'm a very introspective writer, and I'm glad it doesn't throw you guys off! smile

A lot of things are black and white to Clark, most of all those things having to deal with the well-being of those he loves--thanks for pointing that out!

Again, thanks for reading and commenting. I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm playing catch-up -- haven't had time to leave feedback. Once again -- beautiful job with insight into Clark's emotions. You paint them so well!! Off to read part 3... smile

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Thanks, Mozartmaid, for the compliment. I always look forward to hearing what you have to say. smile

Top Banana
Top Banana
Oooh, I am *really* enjoing this series! This part was an excellent glimpse inside Clark's head, and really did help explain his actions. thumbsup

You meet my gaze with that determination that so often leaves me agape with awe. "I'll, um, always need you. And I'll always be your friend."

I'm shaking, I realize vaguely. Friend was once a word on which I pinned all my hopes; now it is a trap from which I cannot escape.

"But," you say more firmly, "there's someone here who needs me, and I just need to figure out how to get him to see that."

No!
I always loved Clark's response, his aborted "_I_ need you!" I like it even better after reading the bit quoted above.

So, what's the harm in answering the door?

What's the harm? The harm is that the very sight of you freezes the breath in my lungs and pours salt into the open wounds of whatever broke inside of me. The harm is that everything I successfully bottled up as Superman can more easily explode from Clark. The harm is that I love you, and it's so much harder for me to stop Clark from acting on that than Superman. Superman has a cape and tights and boots and the specter of Kryptonite hanging over him to keep him from confessing his love. Clark has only his love for you to keep him from making the same admission.
notworthy notworthy

Off to read Part 3.....

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
I loved reading this--the quotes you pulled are some of my favorites as well. This story was really fun to write; I'm delighted you're having fun reading it.

Kerth
Kerth
Very late ... blush

That was superb. Beautifully written with great imagery.

There were so many 'awww' moments, but one thing I *really* liked was that you kept The Nature Station out of it. thumbsup

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard