Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Clark lifted his hand and sighed. "I'm not very good at this," he said disconsolately. "I'm even less sure now than I was before we started talking."

"I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm desperately hoping that you will fall in love with *me*. Not the guard. Not the woman who gave you reasonable living conditions. Not the woman who took the poison from your shoulder. Not the woman who helped you escape. Just me. Lois."
Thanks!!

Corrina.

Merriwether
Merriwether
Well, Menzies is definitely distracted ... but Moyne is all too focused on his revenge. peep Though I'm not sure how he's going to both find out about Lois and not give away the fact that he's in Metropolis. Does he not remember that he was supposed to check in for information on his assignment? Or does he just not care?

But one thing I do know -- Moyne might be an agent, but so is Lois, and since she knew she was going to be on the run, I'm sure she took steps to cover her tracks. She was expecting Scardino and Menzies to chase after her; would Moyne be any better at it than they would? I hope not.

As for L&C, I liked how his poem made its return (beautiful) and how we got to learn a little more about our heroes. Clark was very sweet, wanting to take Lois out to eat.

More, please! I'm still delighted every time I stalk ... er, visit the boards to find a new chapter. laugh

Kathy

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
OH I like the new lead in. Again a lot has taken place in this part of the story. We know now what M and M are thinking. We see hope seeping through Clark's thoughts. Lois is getting through to him I think. How sad for him to pass his home and not be able to stop there. Hopefully that will change quickly. Great job! I will look forward to more soon! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
gah !! Moyne!! I hope Menzies redeems himself by taking care of that loose end.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Very nice! razz , and Menzies' thoughts and feelings are very interesting-- almost gives the idea that he may seek redemption for his past deeds in some way. Hmmm... Lots to ponder and do we love to ponder! clap

EvelynC
Top Banana
Top Banana
Uh-oh... what will Moyne do??

Another lovely chapter building L & C's relationship. And I hope they do find Martha! But where could she be??

Perhaps Clark could eventually live in peace, but could he ever become Superman in this world?
Was there any chance that he could live free on this planet?

Not if everyone knew the truth about him.

But if the records had been wiped ... if those who knew were willing to forget ...
...maybe?

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Features Writer
Features Writer
Another wonderful, now-my-favorite part!

I love how stopping for dinner became a date--and the comment about how both of them were hoping it would be the first of many. It's so realistic and heart-wrenching to see how even the smallest acts have to be comprehended and learned all over again by Clark.

Lois's thoughts about how she wants Clark to love her for herself and not because she rescued him was amazing--so reminiscent of our Clark's wish for Lois to love him for himself and not for the Superman rescues. She's displaying so much wisdom in the way she deals with him, and of course, Lois Lane's usual penchant for accepting Clark's powers.

The question-and-answer session was very enlightening, revealing a lot about each of our favorite characters. It's nice to see them bonding in ways beyond rescue and running. The poem was just beautiful, and completely indicative of his thoughts and Lois's personality. The statement about Lois being able to will the impossibility into reality was perfect, especially since it was thought by a man who daily does the impossible! smile

I love the two traits Lois noticed first about Clark--it perfectly describes his character.

I can't wait to read the rest and see Clark defeat Moyne and Lois rescue Clark from his feelings of isolation! Thanks!

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Yeah, uh-oh is right. Moyne is going to cause trouble - what exactly, remains unknown smile And even though Menzies is distracted, I don't think he can be ruled out just yet.

But the parts with L&C was sweet and I, too, liked how their diner dinner became a date - but now I'm all curious about the conversation you hinted at in part 8!!!

Oh, I just thought of something -it would be so funny if Martha was working at some diner they would stop at in their future travels - wouldn't that be just a sweet reunion?

As always, looking forward to the next part smile1

laugh

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Eric Menzies walked into the care facility where Phoebe was now a resident.
You're dropping so many hints by keeping it vague, which is very much in character for Menzies. But still, I can't help but wonder if it really could be the same facility were Lois's father is. It depends, I guess, if Phoebe is actually in a psychiatric facility. *sigh* so much speculation hyper

Glad Laura smacking your muse around helped clap

Can't wait for more!

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
I cant help but wonder if Phoebe is aware of what type of man her nephew is.

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Kathy

Does he not remember that he was supposed to check in for information on his assignment? Or does he just not care?
When you've gotten away with at least two murders, a little thing like not being on your assignment is probably not a huge concern for him.

Please keep stalking wink

Laura

We see hope seeping through Clark's thoughts.
Well put!

Joy Menzies and Moyne ... what can I say? I haven't finished with either of them yet - although that was probably obvious, huh? wink

Evelyn I'm glad you like progress. I bore easily, so I have to keep it moving.

MozartMaid I have some answers to your questions. Some are still simmering!

AntiK

I can't wait to read the rest and see Clark defeat Moyne and Lois rescue Clark from his feelings of isolation!
laugh I'm really sorry that I can't explain why this is such a delightful comment, but it is.

You gave so much lovely FDK, but this comment made my day!

DW

Oh, I just thought of something -it would be so funny if Martha was working at some diner they would stop at in their future travels - wouldn't that be just a sweet reunion?
Sweet - and probably stretching believability just a little. laugh It's a nice idea, though.

Michael

Sam had a stroke, Phoebe attempted suicide. I'm not sure they would end up in the same care facility. Just saying ...

Are you going to bus him soon? Please? Pretty please?
You want him bussed? Just like Trask?

Uhm, you *do* realize this also applies to pimps, right?
Well ... now that you mention it ... blush

But Lois could hardly give details - they're in a public place!

SJH I haven't written anything from Phoebe's POV, so we're not really sure what she's thinking. It's an interesting point, though!

Thanks everyone. I've just sent 16 to the BRs. Latest estimate is 20-22 parts for Trail. Story 4 is called 'Highway'.

I have a really busy weekend, so I'm not sure when I'll get the chance to post Part 8. It *could* be Saturday morning, but if not, it won't be until Sunday afternoon/evening.

Corrina.

rkn Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
"What did you do after you graduated high school?" she asked.

"I went to college."

"Which one?"

"Columbia."

"Missouri?"

"Yeah," Clark said with a small smile. "School of Journalism."
Now this is the smartest version of Clark yet! Yay for MU! Naturally, he would rather be a Tiger than one of those Jayhawks. razz

thanks!

rkn
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm glad you clarified that point, because I immediately thought of Columbia University in New York. That would have given Clark some big city experience. But maybe New York doesn't exist in this universe.

This *is* my happily ever after.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I was reading the FDK-FDK and realized I hadn't replied yet... oops! I must have dreamed that I had. laugh

Moyne! Argh. I'm so glad Lois and Clark got the heck out of Metropolis. Not that I think they can't take him, but the image of him lurking around Lois' apartment was extremely unsettling. I hope that guarding the 'alien' for 7 years made his skills rustier than he realizes. He needs to be taken out sooner rather than later. I second the 'bussing' motion. laugh

The Lois/Clark of this update was again fabulous. So nice that b/c of Clark's handiwork for the nursing home, he was able to pay for their date. I really enjoyed the background we learned about each of them. Can't wait to see more, especially given the preview!

Top Banana
Top Banana
Moyne walking around Lois's apartment was downright creepy. So different from when Lois went to the Kent household! Of course, she was there with Clark's permission, and entirely different motives, but it still struck me as interesting the different mood that accompanied each instance of what was basically the same action - a spy breaking into someone's house and snooping around.

Cute how Lois took Clark's disappearing and reappearing in stride. And all while the car was moving. hehe. They are so cute together.

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Robin The whole US college system is a mystery to me. However, I needed something safe and normal for them to discuss. I did some research and hoped that my ignorance wouldn't be too obvious.

And I chose Missouri because it's near Kansas smile

Happy Eek! I didn't know there was a Columbia University in NY. You're right, this Clark hasn't had much big-city experience.

(Well, he lived in Metropolis for seven years, but that doesn't count wink )

Emily Moyne getting bussed seems to be gaining popularity.

Vicki Nice point about the two similar - yet different - scenes.

Thanks so much for the FDK smile

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard