Chapter 2

The next morning, Clark got up early to go fishing. He and Lois had gotten pretty hot and heavy last night, but before things had gone too far, the two of them had each agreed that things were moving a little fast. Now, Clark was left wondering how exactly he was going to get a helicopter to get them out of here. His plan hadn’t exactly been as foolproof as he’d originally thought. Once Lois found out about his powers, she’d be pretty mad at him for not getting her out of here to begin with. That meant he had to find some other way out of here besides flying.

Clark finally made his way to a pond. Using his X-ray vision, he saw that it was filled with plenty of fish, but he didn’t have any fishing equipment. Then again, he was Superman. Did he really need any fishing equipment? Clark smiled and shoved his fist into the water and pulled out several fish. This wouldn’t be very hard.

“Caught some fish!” he yelled back to Lois.

There was no answer, so Clark figured that Lois was still probably asleep. Rather than bothering to wake her up, Clark decided he would just cook the fish first. He figured that a good breakfast might make her less angry if he was forced to reveal his secret. Within no time, he used his heat vision to cook the fish. Then, he decided to gather some fruit to finish off the breakfast. Within seconds, he’d zipped through the jungle and grabbed a little bit of each type of fruit he could find.

Afterwards, he strolled over to the hut Lois had been living in since her disappearance. To his surprise, she was gone!

“Lois!?” yelled a very worried Clark.

From off in the distance, he could hear a faint reply. “Clark! Help!”

In order to get a better view, Clark flew straight into the air. From the sky, he could see all the nearby places where Lois might have gone. It wasn’t long before he saw where she was, and he started flying there immediately. Lois was in a tree, hanging upside down. Her foot was caught in a vine, and it looked like she was being attacked by some sort of animal!

As he approached closer, the sound of Lois shrieking echoed through the jungle. Had Clark not known better, he would have thought she was just another one of the animals. She was howling like an ape at this point.

“Lois, what’s wrong?” asked Clark, sounding worried. “Did something bite you? Is something broken? Are you bleeding?”

Lois gasped and replied, “No.” At this point, her face was bright red, and she was sweating profusely. She pointed her finger at the animal, and started howling again. “That gorilla… Ahhhhhhhh!!! AAAHEEHEHEAHAHAHAHAHAHEHEHEHEHEAHAHAHA HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA… It’s… it’s been tickling my foot for at least an hour! Ever since I got stuck liked this!”

Clark’s expression turned from concerned to amused. “That’s it? Gosh Lois, from the sound of it, I thought you were being killed or something.”

“I’m really ticklish, okay?” she answered. “Now, how about getting me down from here?”

“Fine,” Clark answered, and he flew up to her. After he had her back in his arms, he flew back down to the ground with her.

“Clark!” Lois yelled. “You didn’t… I mean it’s impossible… Did you just fly up there to get me down?”

Clark bent his head in shame. “Yes, Lois, I did.”

“But, how?” she asked in astonishment.

“It’s a long story,” he responded. “Let’s just keep it simple for now and say that I have a lot of special powers, and I’ll let you ask questions later.”

“Like hell,” said Lois. “I want answers now.”

“First, I want some answers,” said Clark. “For one thing, how did you find yourself in a predicament like that?”

“Well,” Lois answered. “OK, I was trying to get some fruit to surprise you with breakfast. Then, I slipped, but luckily, I got tangled up in this vine. It wouldn’t have been so bad, but then, that gorilla came over here and started tickling my foot.”

Clark pointed at the creature in the tree. “That’s a chimpanzee, not a gorilla.”

“Really? You’re going to choose now to correct me? Who’s been living in the jungle all this time? You or me?”

“How about I fix that by flying you back to Metropolis?” asked Clark.

“Oh, you’re definitely flying me back to Metropolis,” she replied. “But don’t think I’ll let this go just because you did me a favor.”

“I wouldn’t think of it,” Clark replied with a smile.

THE END