Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#77310 02/13/11 11:12 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
This part will answer a lot of the questions from the previous part. Thought I'd just show you rather than hint on the feedback. wink Hope you like my idea-- and special thanks to Corrina and IolantheAlias who have been steadfastly BR-ing this fic! notworthy They helped iron out some bumps in this part that I think made it much stronger! smile

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Features Writer
Features Writer
I really enjoyed this part, though the phone conversation between Lois and Clark was really sad, reminding me of those episodes where he's always running off on her.

Lois's conclusion from Clark's lie is not sounding good so far. I hope she realizes that he's not a bad guy!

Clark's search of the house and his memories was really precious, and the journal entries were exceptionally poignant. I was able to see Martha writing them with Jonathan in the background. It's pretty cool that they already had the Suit made, so when Tempus asks him why he wears it, he can still give the same answer. smile

Thanks for sharing.

S
Merriwether
Online Content
Merriwether
S
Hope Clark's powers return soon. Love the excerpts from Martha's diary. They were sweet. I like the new way you've introduced his history and the suit. (Though I wonder how his mother knew the right size to make smile ).

I hope Lois learns the truth about Clark soon.

Joan

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
AntiKryptonite
I really enjoyed this part, though the phone conversation between Lois and Clark was really sad, reminding me of those episodes where he's always running off on her.
Yup, that was the idea. And this Lois is even more insecure because of her guilt.

Clark's search of the house and his memories was really precious, and the journal entries were exceptionally poignant. I was able to see Martha writing them with Jonathan in the background.
Thanks! I really enjoyed writing this scene. And the journals came really easy --Martha Kent is a strong character and even in a journal you kinda know what she wants to say! wink

scifiJoan
I like the new way you've introduced his history and the suit. (Though I wonder how his mother knew the right size to make [Smile] ).
Thanks! I had decided I would get him into the spandex, but wanted to do it without having Lois come into this alt-verse (although, honestly, I've really only borrowed Lois and Clark from this verse...)I know it was a bit of a stretch that Martha would know his size... but hey, it's spandex! As IolantheAlias said in her beta-read, 'hey, it's stretchy!' smile And it serves the purpose of the story and gave Clark a connection to his dead parents.

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
clap Very nice twist to get the costume to Clark. I'm guessing from the timing and Lois's attempt at going to her old apartment, that she will be caught by Lex, then Clark will fly home tomorrow and rescue her as Superman?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The diary of Martha's was so emotional - it brought tears to my eyes. I could just sense Martha's turmoil, excitement and wonder at this little gift child. thumbsup

I'm sorry Lois isn't trusting Clark but then again with her history, it was amazing she had trusted him at all. frown

The Suit! Martha made his the suit and hid it in the fortress! clap You surprised me there. I thought he'd get the idea from the sketch. I never thought she would have made him a suit. I thought he'd find the globe in the treehouse. You got me!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard