OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
As always, all feedback welcomed.

Joy,
Lynn

Top Banana
Top Banana
That's awesome, Lynn! I love the idea of Cat figuring it out -- it makes so much sense, too the way you pointed out how she sees through disguises on a daily basis. clap Bravo! Too bad for Cat she won't ever have a chance with our Adonis -- cat out of the bag or not! wink

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Very cute!

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Love the way you've captured Cat's voice. And it makes sense that she would figure it out. Very clever.

Joan

Kerth
Kerth
Cat is definitely the most likely person to figure it out, after Lois. She was keen on Clark for a while, and pays a lot of attention to people she's interested in.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Features Writer
Features Writer
This sounds exactly like Cat--great job with the characterization. And though I'm glad she didn't let the cat out of the bag, I'm also very glad she didn't get that date with Clark! smile

Kerth
Kerth
Loved this bit about Cat. Yep, it totally makes sense. smile

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Cute bit. Unfortunately you beat me to it.

I had a story in planning that hinged on just that idea. That Cat, being who she is, and what she does, would be able to see through Clark/Superman's disguise.

Congratulations. Nicely done.

Tank (who says it's back to the drawing board now)

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
That was great! And you captured Cat's voice excellently!

clap clap clap

Top Banana
Top Banana
That's exactly what I was going to say--that you've got Cat's voice down pat. Well done. thumbsup

This *is* my happily ever after.
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Hello,

My thanks to everyone who took the time to leave feedback. You're the best! smile1

I am especially pleased that a lot of you thought I captured Cat's voice. I must admit that I don't particularly like her as a character, and she is about as opposite me in personality as you can get, so "finding my inner Cat" was a challenge, but admittedly a fun one.

Tank, sorry I "scooped" you! But please don't let my story prevent you from writing and posting yours! I'd hate to be responsible for there being one less Tank story out there. And after all, fanfic isn't like newspaper articles -- there's no prohibition against having duplicate subject matter. Plus, I am really curious about how someone whose work I admire tremendously would write a story with a theme similar to one I wrote. I expect that I could learn a lot from a compare/contrast of the stories.

I'm with AntiKryptonite in being glad that Cat never did get that date with Clark. I don't think that Clark would find such a date enjoyable. Although come to think of it, there may be an interesting story here. What if *Cat* had won the date with Superman at the charity bachelor auction in ILtY? Hmmm... I'll have to think about that one. Does anyone know whether such a story has been written already? And even if it has, unless Cat knew CK=S, it would be a very different story from mine. My muse has never liked the idea of sequels, as much as I try to persuade her otherwise. But I think that this particular sequel could be a lot of fun. Maybe if I give her enough Double Fudge Crunch bars, I'll be able to persuade her to make an exception this time. And in the meantime, if anyone else feels the desire to write such a story, they have my encouragement to write a sequel to my story.

Joy,
Lynn

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful tale.

Framework4
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Fun tale! Great writing! Cat's always fun smile

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Cute story! I enjoyed it. thumbsup

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
That was awesome!

I've always been slow to warm to Ms. Cat, but there's just something slightly perversely-fun in the idea that she, of all people, would be the one person in the room to see through Clark's disguise right off--something twisted just the way I like! Very well done!

Love and hot fudge,
Bren Ren
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Michael, I'm not sure about "always," but I will say she was fun for me to write this time.

Vicki, thanks for the FDK. smile

BrenRen, what can I say? I like twisted, too (well, at least gfic twisted).

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I had a story in planning that hinged on just that idea. That Cat, being who she is, and what she does, would be able to see through Clark/Superman's disguise.
Well, Tank, as they say, great minds think alike. There are always similar ideas out there and they have very different results. Please post your story!!

What if *Cat* had won the date with Superman at the charity bachelor auction in ILtY?
That would be a GREAT story. Can't think of any stories like that. But I can think of one with Cat in raincoat.

That was so cute, Lynn. At first I thought it was actually Clark talking about himself and Lois. And, oh, the title... I'll get to you on that. wink

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard