Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
BanAnna Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Questions, comments, and critiques can go here. Thanks for reading!

~Anna

Top Banana
Top Banana
Hey Anna -

So sweet! I just loved this set up and how instead of being irritated with each other or Jack, Lois and Clark just let themselves enjoy the date and each other and let it take them to the next step.

I especially loved how you showed the parallel of Lois watching the Ivory Tower while Clark was watching a ballgame. I could totally picture them in their respective apartments. Great job setting the scene.

One minor nitpick - from what I garnered, their date was on a Saturday night. Yet when they said good-bye to each other, Clark tells Lois he will see her "tomorrow" at the office. So unless they work at the Planet on Sundays, you may want to tweak this wording a bit.

All in all, a fantastic story. I really enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing.
thumbsup
Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great story. thumbsup

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Features Writer
Features Writer
Very sweet story, Anna. I love how the upcoming dinner drove all other thoughts from their minds. Jack is not one of my favorite characters, but he played a very useful role here. And I feel sorry for him at the end - here he's brought L&C together, and he may face the entire Elvis library! That would take some time... sad

Further re Lynn's comment about the timing of the dates - it's also confusing because each of the notes, presumably delivered on Saturday since they refer to the movie "last night", state that the dinner will be "tommorrow night", which would be Sunday. Yet both L&C read their notes and look at their clocks and start worrying about getting ready for the dinner tonight, when it should be tomorrow for them... Just a minor tweak.

Very nice job. twins

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aw that was great. Nice ending. You go Jack! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ahh.... very sweet! That was a really nice first date, and I loved watching Lois realize that *she* has feelings for him, and that he probably has them for her, too... just as well they didn't figure out the trick until after dinner, tho <g>

And the plot of that Ivory Tower episode sounded strangely familiar, somehow... wink

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Kerth
Kerth
Awww!! blush

Nice!! smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Anna

This is wonderful. smile1
I enjoyed it immensely.

Tricia cool

Merriwether
Merriwether
Anna, this was very fun. I'm so glad you finished it and posted it -- just don't ever make us wait so long for one of your great stories again, LOL.

I, too, noticed the timing problems, so I'm glad other people mentioned it. You might all want to add in a reference to the fact that they are off for the weekend, since presumably they would have seen Jack at work the day after the movie date and asked him what the heck was going on. But that's a relatively minor problem (and an easy fix) in an otherwise fantastic story! smile

I LOL'ed at the plot to the Ivory Tower and I also enjoyed the sight gag of Jack playing Tetris while L&C were together -- "manipulating the pieces", indeed!

But I definitely didn't feel sorry for Jack getting called into Perry's office -- you do the crime, you do the time, LOL. In fact, I would have been disappointed had Lois not set up some type of revenge. wink

Great story!

Kathy

Features Writer
Features Writer
Anna,
I agree - wonderful story
ditto others
merry

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
“Oh, I’m sure it’s nothing… of course it could have something to do with the fact that I told Perry that Jack doesn’t like Elvis. He’ll probably just make him listen to a few Elvis songs. Or maybe all of them. In chronological order.”
LOL! The perfect revenge. And sooo Lois! laugh

Very cute story, Anna. I enjoyed it. thumbsup

Lois: Well, I like my quirks. I think they make me unique.
Clark: You certainly are unique.

Clark: You're high maintenance, you know that?
Lois: But I'm worth it!
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
aww - well worth the wait.
thanks for writing!

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.

- Mahatma Gandhi
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Anna, great ending to a fun story!!! thumbsup

I have to agree with others that my favorite part was the imagagery of Jack getting stuck with Elvis's entire "discography" thumbsup

I thoroughly enjoyed this "romp" Anna, thanks for sharing!!!! laugh

S (who was fortunate to be part of the "process" and who you should all really blame for the "tardiness" of this part wink )

"Well, let's see, so far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, treated as your girlfriend, and I insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this. Mmm, mmm." -- Lois to Clark, 'Green, Green Glow of Home'
BanAnna Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
First, I'd just like to say, wow! Thanks for all of your wonderful comments! I'm really glad that people enjoyed this story, even though it took so long to come to completion. Thanks for reading!

Lynn, I'm glad the Ivory Tower/football game worked for you. That came to be one of my favorite parts of the story, so I'm glad you enjoyed it. And thanks for pointing out the mishap in the timeline. It was much worse, I assure you, before my BRs looked at it. For some reason I just couldn't keep track of what day was what in this story and I think my BRs are still dizzy . I'll fix that before I send it to the archive.

Maria, thanks for reading; I'm glad you liked it!

Kathy M, I'm glad Jack worked for you here. He's always been Jana's favorite character, and I like him a lot too. Thanks for pointing out (yet another) mistake in the timeline. I'm amazed that those are the only two left. wink

Laura, I'm glad you liked the story, especially the ending. laugh

Pam, some of the Lois introspection was hard to write, so I'm ecstatic that you liked it! And yes, the plot of The Ivory Tower was a bit familiar... wink

Jose, thanks for reading! Yeah, Jack had good intentions, but that still won't get him out of the wrath of Mad Dog Lane. *g*

Tricia, thanks for the wonderful compliments blush , and thanks for reading. *g*

Kathy B, I didn't even notice the "manipulating the pieces" connection! Now that you point it out, the irony is hilarious! *cough* Oh, I mean, yeah, I meant to do that. *G* Thanks for your wonderful comments!

Merry, thanks for reading and letting me know that you liked it.

Ursie, I'm glad you liked the ending. I hadn't originally planned on a revenge, but one of my BRs hinted at it, and I'm really glad that everyone liked it! laugh

Shells, thanks for commenting; I'm glad you thought it was worth the wait.

Shelley, thanks for commenting, but lest anyone think that you held up the story, I definitely was responsible for most of the tardiness. You are an awesome BR! notworthy

Well, now I feel like I've said "thanks for reading, I'm glad you liked it" so many times that it doesn't mean anything anymore, but I would like to reiterate how happy I am that people liked the story and felt comfortable pointing out its flaws. Thank you *so* much!!

If anyone else wants to comment, feel free!

~Anna

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Great ending! After reading the first part I wasn't sure how you'd continue the story, and then how you'd manage to get them to take each other out on date. The whole set up was ingenious, and worked really well. smile

Loriel

"Inappropriate attachment" didn't begin to cover the depth of the feelings Vaughn had for Sydney Bristow.
~Ties That Bind by RJ Anderson~

I ramble at http://www.livejournal.com/~loriel_eris

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard