Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
yeehaw! another CC story!!

I love how altLois rationalizes that AltClark needs her, which is why she can't move out.

Your prose is so elegant.

Post twice a day, every day.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You're posting the sequel! Wonderful!!

I was wondering if you'd write two separate sequels, dealing with each of the universes separately. I'm delighted to see that you're covering both in the one story - and it works extremely well. The stories are separate but integrated, and writing them in the way you have shows the parallels between both couple's experiences. Neither has recovered from Tempus's interference. Both face a very difficult relationship, no matter how hard they try to work at it.

And so Lois1 is pregnant, and they don't know who the father is - and of course Clark is pretending that it's okay, but he really doesn't know how to handle it. He'll want to marry her because it's the decent thing to do and he does love her - but I can see already that she's afraid that this will drive them apart. frown

And then Clark2 and his Lois... I'm so glad that you aren't assuming that they would automatically fall in love, and you're doing a great job of showing Lois feeling very uncomfortable about filling someone else's shoes but at the same time not wanting to let Clark down. I was sad to see that she was considering moving out - but then what a way to make her change her mind! I think she cares for her 'husband' more than she realises.

And as for this:
She couldn’t help but notice the attention of the newsroom was focused on them. So, for good measure, and just for show, of course, she kissed him. A small kiss not directly on the mouth, just a tad bit off center, but close enough to look real. He did his part to make it look real too. Going completely still like that, stopping his incessant babbling for the kiss and a bit longer, pretending not to be breathing, and then crushing her against him until he seemed to remember the doors were still open.

Clark Kent wasn’t so stupid. He could act. Let the gossips figure that one out.
I think she doesn't know Clark anything like as well as she thinks, if she believes that he was acting just then! goofy

As for a posting schedule, much as I'd love to yell at you and urge you to post every day, I think I'll stick to the advice I gave Lynn when she was posting Save Me, Superman - every two days. That gives most people time to read instalments as they're posted without falling behind and - most important from your perspective! goofy - to post comments. It'll also give you time to respond to comments on each section without feeling overwhelmed. You'll notice that Annie is very sensibly refusing to be pushed into posting more frequently than every other day, most likely for the same reason.

So I'll look forward to seeing the second part of this on Monday. thumbsup

Wendy (who is surprised to see that CC is actually thanking her, rather than blaming her wink ) smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Kerth
Kerth
wow!! goofy

Jose peep

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great start. grumble After three months and now she notice she's pregnant. With out a visit to a doctor and he don't think is his.
confused Why is Lois so insecure?

Tomorrow, she promised herself, sitting down to put the television on. Tomorrow she would start making inquiries. Then she would get a place of her own. A life all her own. Then he could have his home back. His bed back. His side of the closet back. Clark Kent was a nice guy. A good guy. A guy she trusted, really, if it came right down to it. And she couldn’t say that about many other people she’d known. Over and over he claimed to be glad she was here. Happy to be working with her. Content to share his life with her, inside the Daily Planet and out, in whatever form it took. He would like for there to be more, he’d volunteered on an occasion or two. But there was no rush. Whenever she was ready. But the crux of it was she wasn’t his wife. No matter how many people they pretended to, even if they pretended to each other, she was just…not his wife.
I think Mr. Wells need to appear, the four(all Lois and Clark) need to talk.

More soon, please.

MAF thumbsup

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Interesting start. A couple of serious 'problems' for our duos to deal with.

I truly believe that Clark wouldn't care whose child it is, but I would think that if they have a three month buffer that a doctor's visit would be able to give her a fairly accurate timetable as to when conception took place.

I assume from your prose, that the times that Lois was intimit with altClark, and then Clark where close together. This needs to be emphasized, as does Lois' doubts as to what to expect with a kryptonian pregnancy. One plea, make what the pregnancy represents the focus of the problem solution and avoid bringing in the 'wonders and joy of children and parenthood'. Those have nothing to do with what Lois and Clark have to deal with.

Also, it is interesting to see the progression of altLois and altClark (or lack of it wink ). I am a bit disappointed that, even though we know that altLois had to chop off all that waist length hair to play the part of Clark's 'wife', we didn't get to see it, or it's effect on altLois (like her immeasurable relief to rid herself of all that hair).

There are many ways that this can go. Let's hope for a nice balance of whams and haircuts along the way. And I suppose you can include a minor waff now and again.

Tank (who remembers a certain 'Futures' story that ended in... divorce)

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
CC

I'm so glad you're posting a sequel. smile1

This is wonderful. Extremely well-written! notworthy
I really like how you are dealing with universes.

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next.

Tricia cool

G
Columnist
Columnist
G
Interesting sequel, CC.

I have to admit I had problems dealing with Lois marrying Alt Clark and then leaving him in the first part of the story, It still bothers me. As a result, I don't sympathize with her concern over her pregnancy.

On the other hand, I find Alt Lois really fiesty and I am charmed by the way you have her sticking with Clark even though she'd like to get a place of her own.

I'll definitely keep reading...

gerry

Top Banana
Top Banana
Great start, I'm excited to revisit this universe!!

ps: Since this story is rougly 10 parts, I'm wondering if you have suggestions on how often to post.
Every day for the next nine days .. no I'm not kidding! wink (ok maybe I am)

It is not possible that we all could be lucky enough for a sequel to TTW and so soon at that!! I'm flattered to be included in your inspirations for this story CC, I call 'em like I seem 'em..you are darn good!

Post soon!
~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Please don't take this as a criticism since I couldn't have thought of any of it or expressed it so well, but I find the Lois who went to the alternate universe and returned very unsympathetic and the original Clark just a little too passive (ok a doormat). It's almost painful to read.

However the other world couple is much more interesting. laugh

Just an observation/opinion. I'm looking forward to your next post. wave

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
help help

Started reading. Okay, it's a sequel, I'll prolly catch on...

Alt-universes? *A* Clark is not the father, but not this one?

See above emoticons.

Could you please be a dear and cite *exactly* which stories precede this one? I'm so behind in my reading that I more or less decided to start new stories here on the mbs, but leave started stories for the archive. And this one looks interesting -- to say the least! -- but with way too much unfilled background for me!

So, once again, help

Hazel smile

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
Top Banana
Top Banana
Good morning folcs, just dropping in to see what Santa left in my stocking while I was away yesterday...

A few things:

Hazel, first, who is confused, and why wouldn't she be? It's 'Through the Window' that you're looking for. And I'm just impressed that you hung in and read this without any clue as to what was going on!

Tank, it's coming, but if I gave you the haircut in part one, how would I know you'd keep reading?
One of your other points too, is addressed fairly quickly in part2, but I won't bore you with it, as I know the haircut is most pressing.

gerry, I like that you find yourself with little sympathy for the returned Lois. I want to see if I can change your mind, but if I don't, do let me know. That's interesting.

ethnica, I am not at all offended that you find Lois unlikable and Clark too passive. I welcome your review, even if it includes the words "painful to read" Ouch! I'd love to hear more from you as we go, see if you still feel the same as this plays out.

Lastly, good friend Wendy who couldn't believe that I was thanking her instead of blaming her. I feel I have to point out that I *cited* you as a source for this piece. That is a whole different thing than *thanking*. I just wanted you to know, in case you thought I was going soft and that I had given up muttering your name darkly.<g>

Thanks for all the really great comments. I hope you'll stay with this and keep letting me know; good, bad, or ugly what you think.

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hey CC -

Wonderful! Both this story and that you are continuing with TTW. I wondered after the end of that one how our AltClark and AltLois would fare, and I guess now I'm going to get to find out.

I think you've done a great job in giving the various Lios's and Clark's different voices. It is helping to keep everyone straight that AltLois is a little harder and more cynical than RealLois and that AltClark is a little more passive.

I will support Wendy's advice. Post one day, skip a day, then maybe post the next day. Gives us all time to read and to post a comment. These sections are good lengths - long enough to get me into the story (sometimes short posts just don't pull me in quite as completely) but not too long that I can't absorb it in one sitting.

Great job. Looking forward to the next installment.
thumbsup
Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Features Writer
Features Writer
CC,
great start on this
ditto others
You have some fixing to do
more
merry

Features Writer
Features Writer
CC, I was totally thrilled yesterday morning when I saw that you had posted the first part of a sequel to TTW! Yet I was also frustrated, because I only had about 5 minutes to read before leaving for my son's soccer game. So I was only able to skim through the post - definitely an injustice to it - but I have savored it slowly and deliciously twice since then. Much much better. smile

And thank you for citing me individually. I don't know whether you are thinking of me as a source of inspiration blush , or grumbling and thinking dark thoughts when you hear my name as in Wendy's case. Either way, if my comments helped prompt what promises to be a wondrous sequel, I thank you...

I love it all. I love that your stories so often take a direction that I was not expecting. Just as I did not expect L&C to make love that very first night that Lois returned, here I did not predict that that would have been the only time for them thus far. Yet it all seems perfectly logical the way you write it - it almost makes me wonder why I would have believed it could have happened any other way...

And the glimpse into the alt-world was equally wonderful. You're doing a great job getting into alt-Lois' head and the confusion of her thoughts as she tries to find a place for herself in the life that our Lois built in the alt-world. And her justification to herself *why* she can't move out of Clark's place just yet. Sure, Lois, we know the truth, even though you may not realize it yet... cool

Even though I hate to say it, I have to agree with the every other day posting schedule. Although I may kick myself for that during any particularly tense moments or cliffhangers...

I was particularly fascinated with Gerry's lack of sympathy for our Lois. I guess that's because I spent most of the previous story totally wrapped up in my concern for *our* Clark's feelings, that even now I'm tending to think of the pregnancy more in terms of how it will affect *him* - and of course *them* - as opposed to *her*. I'm really looking forward to their talk. smile

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard