Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I hope everyone is enjoying the story. I should know the final length by the time I post the next part. I'm betting on 14, but we'll see.

Comments?

Bob

S
Merriwether
Online Content
Merriwether
S
Exciting chapter. Love Lois' confusion about Clark - forgetting he was "Superman" when he was shot. How like Lex to arrange to kill the man who inadvertantly shot Lois.

I don't know much about how kryptonite works. Are we to assume that exposure to the first bullets weakened his body to allow penetration by the subsequent ones? Did the bullets go all the way through his body? Yet if they did, his body would most likely start to heal on its own. It seems like continuous exposure to kryptonite, even in small doses, would be more dangerous to him than his bullet wounds. Sorry, I'm one of those people who overthinks these things. blush

Regardless, I'm looking forward to the next chapter.

Joan

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oh noes! Clark has been shot!!!

This is a bit of a cliffy but I am enjoying this story so much! Can't wait to read the next part smile1

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yup, definitely enjoying the story! At least Lois didn't let slip C=S while struggling with her grogginess. wink That would have been real trouble! Looking forward to the next part! smile1

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The best he’d been able to do was leave a message for Lex Luthor. He’d seen the social pages of the newspaper and knew that Lois was dating the billionaire. Bill was sure that Lois would want someone she cared about to know how she was.
Oh dear, oh dear. That's a most interesting development clap Plus, about 6 more parts! Can't wait for more!

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
This part was really great!

I am eagerly awaiting for the next part and to hear what happens to Superman!

hyper

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wow! Great part! goofy But poor Clark! So glad those nurses bought the excuse that Lois was too drugged to know most of what she was saying re Clark. Whew!

Can't wait for more! hyper

EvelynC
G
Blogger
Blogger
G
Great chapter. I loved Lois's after surgery grogginess. Very nice. Looking forward to more.

bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
We are moving forward. I was able to spend some non-trivial time working on the story this past weekend so I think I can keep up the posting schedule of roughly every 6 days. I wish I could go faster but that just hasn’t been in the cards this time.

One note: Did anyone notice the reference to the guy who was his own mother and father? That’s from Robert Heinlein’s classic (and somewhat dark) All You Zombies

Joan:
Re: Lois’s confusion coming out of anesthesia. I used to work in a hospital and some patients were very confused when they first woke up. A lot depended on the individual. Most of the nurses I knew didn’t think twice about any odd thing a patient might say. At least, that’s how I remember it. (It was a LONG time ago.)

Re: Kryptonite: I have an explanation for exactly what happened but for now all I can say if RAFO. smile

Bellarase:
You know, when I finished this chapter, it was so much less of a cliffhanger than Ch. 7 that I never noticed. Sorry about that. Ch. 9 should be along before too long.

mozartmaid:
Thanks. And fuzzy thinking can certainly be dangerous.

Michael:
Sorry about the time sequence confusion. The correct sequence was that Lex watched it all straight through in real time and then went back and re-watched the more – enjoyable parts (for Lex anyway) – at his leisure. Remember that there were several hours between the shooting and the scene with Mrs. Cox. He had time to absorb the news of Lois getting shot but still enjoy the Superman sequence. I’ll need to clean this up before the story gets archived.

As for the delay, a quick retribution would lessen the blow. A properly timed response is the pain that keeps on giving. As for looking like there was no response from the Boss, in the end, a delayed act is very effective. Anyone thinking to cross the Boss would always be looking over the shoulder knowing that just because there was not an immediate reply didn’t mean that one wasn’t coming.

DW:
Thank you. It won’t be too long.

EvelynC:
Dr. Klein. Hmmm. :rolleyes:

Gwen:
Hi, Gwen. Welcome to the boards. I hope you find lots here to enjoy. Thank you for leaving a note and I’m glad you are enjoying the story.

Bob

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks for clearing it up, Bob.
As for looking like there was no response from the Boss, in the end, a delayed act is very effective.
True. Just so long nobody takes it as a lack of care or capability and just topples him in the months in between evil

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard