Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Before he had finished his meal, he put down the cutlery and container and leant against the wall with a long sigh. "I need to talk to you about something."

Her heart roared into frenzied overdrive. "You know you can talk to me about anything."

"This ... this is going to be ... precarious."

Yup, she had panicked him. Lois cast aside her food and hunched her knees into the circle of her arms. "We're friends," she said. "And friends can say anything to each other."

"Friends?"

She nodded. "We're friends."

His head swung away, and he seemed to be gathering the impetus to continue. "Lois," he said as he looked back at her. "There probably isn't a twenty-eight-year-old male on this planet who knows less about women than I do ... but ... did you nearly kiss me before?"
I will be going away next week. I hope to post part 22 midweek and part 23 at the weekend. Then there will be a break of about a week before 'Bridge' finishes with the final two parts.

Then comes 'Trail'. cool

Thanks!

Corrina.

Top Banana
Top Banana
So many 'awww' moments in this part! goofy
It's understandable, though... and even though leading up to one (and therefore a declaration on where both of their feelings lay) is slow, it's realistic and will be satisfying when we get there.

And ...

Love.

He loved Lois.
Like I said, lots of 'awwww' smile

And the preview! I can't believe Clark got up the courage to ask that!
... did you nearly kiss me before?"
hyper

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Great, a new part! smile1

smile

Blogger
Blogger
Ooooh, your teaser definently has me teased. That is more courage and hope than I would have thought he had.

Kyla
N
Blogger
Blogger
N
This is such a good story, I am hooked!
Do you realise that you will have to give us a beautiful and moving "first time" right? Or is it me being taken away by the sexual tension between the two? No? My imagination? Umph....

Nanou
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
You are absolutely amazing in your writing transitions from changing moods, emotions, actions, and so much else, everything at such perfect pacing.
thumbsup mecry love hail

EvelynC
Top Banana
Top Banana
I agree with the comments above. Your writing is amazing.

So many 'awwww' moments. Such as Clark recognizing that for him, everything begins with Lois, ends with Lois, and centers on Lois.

And that hug. hyper

I cannot wait until Part 22 to see what Lois is going to say about the almost-kiss!

Loving this story....

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow. Wow and WOW. Ditto to what everyone said. This one had me melting. More soon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
As always, I am just loving this fic!!

such a sweet chapter (well, if you consider anything where Clark is being held prisoner 'sweet')

Loved that Clark will be making more trays - just what he needs to feel a bit useful and pass some time!

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
He was being completely illogical. Lois was his guard. Lois knew he was an alien. Lois knew that, even if he did escape from this prison, he had no realistic chance of long-term freedom.

Lois *wouldn't* kiss him.

Ever.

He was sure that no thought of anything like that had ever entered her mind.
Uh-huh... Sure. Yeah...

But he's asking her! hyper This must have taken quite a toll on him. And mozartmaid put it perfectly as far as the preview is concerned. hyper

Michael wave

/goes back to waiting.../ But then, it's almost time for the update!

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Merriwether
Merriwether
Catching up on 20 & 21 today. I haven't had a chance to visit the boards this week, so I was giddy when I saw there were two chapters to read. And now we have a title for the next story! Ee ee ee! smile1

The long hug and the almost kiss were both heart-achingly beautiful. I think it makes perfect sense, for both plotting and characterization, to have them not share a kiss while he's in captivity. But you're doing a great job of building the intimacy between them without them actually crossing that line.

I'm happy that Sam is improving so much. I could feel Lois's amazement and joy when Ronny reported that Sam had nearly finished the puzzle. I see a lot of parallels between Sam and Clark in this story -- which I'm sure is intentional on your part -- in how their respective recoveries are progressing. And in both cases, it's because Lois is such an amazing person. sloppy

When it comes to the Kents, though, I'm both relieved and saddened by their plight. I was definitely relieved when O'Brien talked about them being taken into protective custody; it's just another example of your vast creativity. I had no idea how you could make things not completely horrible for them, not to mention make it possible for them to someday be located. But you've done it. Major kudos to you.

On the other hand, Jonathan's heart attack was very sad, but not surprising. I think I may have even mentioned in a past feedback thread that I worried for his health, given his heart condition. So that made perfect sense to me. But what of Martha, of the "something" that might have happened to her? Did she become ill from a broken heart after losing both Jonathan and Clark? Or something else completely? I am holding out hope that her inner strength will have sustained her all these years, and that the "Trail" Lois and Clark will soon undertake will eventually lead to her. Fingers crossed, at least. smile

Enjoy your summer holidays! I find myself thinking of your warm weather since it's been a cold and snowy winter here in the midwestern US. smile

Kathy

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
loved this part. I am so anxious for updates to the story that it seemed too short. I am so eager to see Lois and Clark figure out a way for him to leave the cell!

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
loved this part. I am so anxious for updates to the story that it seemed too short. I am so eager to see Lois and Clark figure out a way for him to leave the cell!

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
He loved Lois.
Woohoo! He's admitted it to himself. Now we've just got to get them admitting it to one another. But dare I say the preview looks as though that the 'talk about mutual feelings' to which you alluded several fdk threads ago might occur soon? Here's hoping.

Very excellent update with all the wonderful togetherness.

Lois *wouldn't* kiss him.

Ever.

He was sure that no thought of anything like that had ever entered her mind.
Heh. Too bad mind-reading isn't a super power laugh I love the slow dance of intimacy between these two. Who knew an almost kiss could be so sexy?

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
MozartMaid

It's understandable, though... and even though leading up to one (and therefore a declaration on where both of their feelings lay) is slow, it's realistic and will be satisfying when we get there.
I hope it will be satisfying. I did say a couple of FDKs ago that I was going to have some fun with the kiss. This is Ep 1. Ep 2 is coming. laugh

DW

Clark really had to scrounge up his courage to ask that question ... however, the real "challenge" will be what Lois answers and what she is prepared to reveal?
This is from my FDK-FDK for Bridge 11 ...

I was writing last night and suddenly, my muse had had enough of all the skirting around how they feel, and Clark asked a direct question, and Lois answered, and the next thing I knew the scene was written, and they had a lot of things sorted out confused confused

It isn't quite what I had planned, but huh
Kyla

That is more courage and hope than I would have thought he had.
Me, too.

Clark asked, Lois answered, I'm screaming 'Guys, guys, we're *not* up to this yet," - but they ignored me and kept talking.

Then I read it the next morning and thought ... uhmm, that works.

Nanou Hi. Thanks so much for taking the plunge and leaving FDK. Yeah, after all of this waiting, I guess the first time has to be pretty special. I'll try. smile

Evelyn The emotions of both are somewhat scattered - I'm so glad it's making sense.

Vicki

So many 'awwww' moments.
This fic has a few themes. For me, one of the main ones is that even when the circumstances are ugly and horrible, love can still be beautiful.

Laura Glad you liked it, Laura.

Bellarase

such a sweet chapter
Ditto what I said to Vicki.

Michael

And now they both thought it. Who's going to spill the beans first, so to speak?
Who's the most impulsive?

Kathy

I see a lot of parallels between Sam and Clark in this story
Yeah - I borrowed a lot. Lois took the idea of the hair wash from her dad to Clark, and took the idea of the jigsaw puzzle from Clark to her dad.

Joy It *was* shorter than usual. I didn't really plan it that way - it just happened.

Emily

which you alluded several fdk threads ago might occur soon?
Good memory!

Many thanks everyone. I'm going to look over Trail 6, then the next job is to post 22. I doubt I'll get it done tonight - if not, first thing tomorrow morning.

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard