Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
As always, many thanks to my fabulous beta team, HappyGirl and IolantheAlias.

Comments here please. smile

Bob

Top Banana
Top Banana
Getting exciting! At least Superman's back. But can Lois convince Clark to work with her at the Star?? (Incidentally, in the early comics, Clark Kent works for the Daily Star.) Lois misses her partner--can they both overcome his lies and guilt to move on?

Looking forward to more! smile1

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Top Banana
Top Banana
Lex Luthor is evil. (But then, we knew that, didn't we?)

smile

This *is* my happily ever after.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Nice to see Superman back in Metropolis. How evil of Lex to suggest he picks and chooses who he saves. How in keeping with his character.

I love that you acknowledge that Lois being a reporter is an important part of her. Nice to see her growth when she acknowledges she did learn from Clark.

This was an insightful point too:
To her surprise, in many ways she didn’t miss the Planet as much as she’d thought she would. She’d never been that close to most of her coworkers. Other than Clark, the only people she really missed much were Jimmy and Perry.
Lois and Clark working for The Star? This could be interesting.

Where did Perry and Jimmy end up?

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Great to see Superman back in Metropolis and will Lois and Clark work for The Star?

I too now wonder where Jimmy and Perry is.

smile

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You know, I'm starting to worry whether Lois and Clark might actually end up at the Star permanently. And it's only a scary thought in respect to the basic concept of it. You know, like Lois and Dan marrying instead of Lois and Clark clap

“Do you feel responsible for the fate of those that died in the fire Thursday?” This came from a woman he didn’t recognize.
And so the harassment begins. You know, I wonder if the police and fire departments in Metropolis have reduced their personnel since Superman showed up. Because if they haven't, he can most definitely tell the press that he's not responsible for those he hasn't saved but only for those that he managed to save because those that he couldn't save would have died either way. huh

“And operation K?”

“We are set. Production of the material is complete and we are only waiting for your word and the proper opportunity.”
Ack! eek

Am sort of wanting more blush grovel

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Hi everyone. First a general update on the story. It’s moving along more slowly than I’d expected. I’m still expecting it to end up being around 14 or so parts. RL (meaning mostly work) has continued to be demanding and most progress is limited to weekend writing.

mozartmaid:
You said:
Incidentally, in the early comics, Clark Kent works for the Daily Star.
Yes. I never knew that until a year or so ago when I went back and read some of the original classic comics. Once you remove Lex’s influence, the Star would seem a natural place for the top staff from the Planet to end up.

HappyGirl:
You said:
Lex Luthor is evil.
Hmmm. I… Ummm… (Fighting temptation to say more!) Yes. That's why writing Lex can be fun. Just take the most evil thing I can think of, mix in pure self-interest and push the intensity bar all the way to the right.

Joan:
I’ve gotten to the point where I can’t stand to watch hardly any television news any more. It feels like very few people are interested in truth. Too many people seem to only be interested in spinning every fact (or lack of fact) to support a particular agenda or another. I fear that if Superman were to suddenly appear in our real world, we would see something like what I’ve portrayed here. There’s even a Superman connection to this sort of thing. After all, Teri was in the James Bond movie “Tomorrow Never Dies” where news disinformation was the central theme.

DW:
You said:
I too now wonder where Jimmy and Perry is.
They’re around. But without Clark to rally the team, they are doing their own things. They will make an appearance, in name at least, before we are done.

Michael:
You said:
I'm starting to worry whether Lois and Clark might actually end up at the Star permanently. And it's only a scary thought in respect to the basic concept of it. You know, like Lois and Dan marrying instead of Lois and Clark
Noooooooo! I guess it’s just me, but Lois and Calrk together at the Star seems INFINATELY more reasonable than Lois with Dan. razz
I wonder if the police and fire departments in Metropolis have reduced their personnel since Superman showed up.
This reminds me of that I’ve seen in the US in those states that established state-run lotteries. They were sold to the people with the idea that the money would SUPPLEMENT education and other funds. But the presence of the extra resources DID lead to reduction of primary funding. Just based on what I’ve seen in the real world, Superman’s presence would lead to cuts in police and fire services. Some politician would start yelling about being able to cut taxes because Superman is helping. Then the cuts in resources would begin.

Bob

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard