Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
"Lois?"

Lois groaned and hoped that whatever was intruding into her sleep would have the good grace to fade away and leave her alone. It could *not* be time to get up yet.

"Lois?"

She accepted her fate and prised her eyes open.

Clark was smiling at her. "You have to wake up," he said. "Shadbolt will be here soon."
Thanks!

Corrina.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
thank you! Menzies POV was so sad and made so much sense...oh dear how are our dynamic duo going to get out of this one?

Top Banana
Top Banana
First, so happy to see another part up so soon! And second of all: smile1

Clark's thoughts at the end were so touching. So simple, pure, and what they had shared would have definitely been enough for the moment after being so isolated and badly treated.

And he had so much to think about.

Her head on his shoulder.

The rose scent of her perfume.

The feel of her fingertips on his neck.

Her smile.

Her laugh.

Her head on his shoulder.

The rose scent of her ...
*sigh*

Anyway, exciting developments! As always, enthralled, intrigued, and entertained! Thanks, Corrina! notworthy

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Great part (again)!

I thought that you explained Lois' reasons for not wanting to kiss Clark very well. While he is still in the cell, it is almost like he doesn't have too much of a choice but to go along with things, whether voluntarily or involuntarily. Once he is free, the evolution of their relationship (from guardian-prisoner, to friends, to *more*) will represent a more "free" choice on his part - as he can then decide his future and what he wants. Moreover, Clark will be hesitant to show any "interest" like that in Lois because it is going to take some time for him to realise and accept that Lois doesn't see the alien in him, but sees him as another human person with a few extra talents. (I hope that somehow made sense).

Also, thanks for the insight into Menzies. However, that insights can let us readers draw two conclusions - either Menzies will somehow help shut down the operation and help Lois get Clark out "legally" for a new start (and a disguise), or he will somehow not be any help at all and Lois will have to break Clark out "illegaly".

Looking forward to the new part! (as always - it really is surprising that my keyword and refresh button is still working considering how many times this site gets opened and checked to see if there's an update laugh )

smile

Top Banana
Top Banana
Well, what a welcome surprise! Last night I went to bed thinking it would be another couple of days before the next post; I woke up this morning to see this. Thank you!

The date was perfect. Still waiting for that elusive kiss, though. laugh

I completely agree with Lois's reasoning regarding said kiss. As much as I want them to kiss (after all, we *are* talking about Lois and Clark here!), I have to admit it would be totally inappropriate while he is her prisoner and she his guard. How sad, however, that Clark interprets her actions (or, inaction wink ) as an adversion to kissing an alien. frown

Menzies. shock He placed Moyne in charge of the supposed alien, knowing full-well he was putting the prisoner's very life at risk. His only concern was that, *if* Moyne killed the man, at least the suspicion that he had been an alien would be enough to prevent an investigation.

Now, he needs to prevent an investigation into the death of the two agents, and that doesn't bode well for Clark. The only way to "terminate the alien operation" is to terminate the alien.

The clock is ticking.....

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow what a chapter! I agree with all else said here. First letr me say I was SO HAPPY TO SEE THIS TODAY!!!! I was doing cartwheels! Well not literally just mentally. Thanks for the fix.

The date was perfect. Your reasons for no kiss were of course legitimate. I am glad she did the shoulder snuggle and the hug and told him she liked him. Sigh...

Moyne's Uncle! Fantastic, now we know he knows Moyne is the killer. But you eveil little thing you! This can go either in their favor, or badly against! So we have another puzzle to wait for. Since Clark has already been through hell, may I suggest it go in their favor.

I know eventually he gets out, but can we have the Uncle just make things disappear without hurting Clark more. Just a suggestion. I am with you either way.

This could be a really good out for them and a way back to legal civilization. He could say I will let you out all past records destroyed if you promise not to report it or cause trouble. No one will know and you will get your parents back. It will be as if it never happened.Wouldn't that be as lovely an end for the whole deal as could be possible!

Well unless you take the easy way out and have HG Wells interfere and make the last 7 years go away, but I don't advise that at this point in the story telling. We are too riveted to this story as is.

I think this is one of the longest feedback I have ever given! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
The rest of the date was excellent. Love that every plan of Lois's is two-fold: watching a movie to slowly introduce Clark to some of the changes in the world over the past 7 years and to snuggle up and rest on his shoulder.

As always I like your version of things better than my speculations. It completely makes sense that Lois would not kiss Clark however much she wants to. In my "Clark is finally clean-shaven" haze, I may have lost sight of the fact that they are still in a prison cell. blush And as Lois has been the one to progress each aspect of their physical relationship thus far, Clark wouldn't even consider initiating a goodnight-kiss.

But once they were free ...
Hee all bets are off. Something to look forward to!

And they admit they like each other - Awh blush

She was so sure about Clark. He was what had been missing from her life. He was someone who gave her the freedom to be exactly the person she had always wanted to be.

Herself.
Love this about their relationship. What a gift for her.

I'll say it but only once... I do feel sorry for Menzies' loss. There it's done.
And to do that, he had to ensure that the alien operation was terminated and removed from every record.
And now back to hating him. V. interesting that he immediately knew what Moyne had done to those agents. Obviously Menzies is going to be a problem, but at least Moyne's new assignment has him going far, far away. Too much to hope that he's already shipped out?

Glad to see Clark's thoughts. V. cute obsessing about the hug. Yay for tingling, newly exposed neck skin.

He had curled his arms around her, loosely enough that she could avoid their bodies making contact if that was what she wanted. But she had leant into his chest.
Oh, she most definitely wanted contact! laugh

Clark was smiling at her. "You have to wake up," he said. "Shadbolt will be here soon."
Does this means that she slept in the cell with him?!?! Once again my mind is running rampant with preview speculations. laugh I can't help myself.

I too was pleasantly surprised to wake up to an update this morning. Thanks so much for that.

ETA Just read Laura's speculations about Menzies. Of course I never considered that he could actually work with Lois and release Clark in exchange for her silence about Moyne. That would be a most exciting turn of events and make me reconsider my dislike once again. wink

ETA2 Good point Vicki.

Top Banana
Top Banana
I want Clark free, make no mistake about it. But how can he ever become Superman if he carries within him the knowledge that he bought his freedom in exchange for silence regarding the cold-blooded murder of two (or, actually, three) innocent men?

Lois, I could see agreeing to that deal, but not Clark.

I think they are going to break out. I have an idea about what part of the escape plan might be but I don't have a clue how they're going to get around the kryptonite implant. huh

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hmm I didn't think of that. That is true, so you think they wouldn't lie to get Clark out? Or maybe Moyne would have justice served from the universe instead of it being Clark's problem. He's dealt with enough I think. Let Karma get Moyne. But I have a feeling we won't get off so easy anyway. There will be more trauma, I can feel it.

I forgot about your little preview. Heh heh. You are making us think they fell asleep together, but she could be on the other side of the door for all we know. Of course you managed with that little peek to play all sorts of games with our libedo, haven't you? tsk tsk. blush

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Merriwether
Merriwether
Remember when I said I had every confidence that you would find a brilliant solution to their problem, but I had no idea what it might entail? Well, you've proved you have ... and I did not see it coming!

I really like what you did with Menzies. He's not evil! Or at least not in the way we all assumed. Yes, he has covered up Moyne's previous murders after the fact, and he was callous in his disregard for the "alien" prisoner (where he admits he didn't even verify that the man really was an alien, because, even if he wasn't, it was the perfect way to neutralize Moyne.) But at the same time, you gave him a great deal of depth by explaining his tragic family situation and helped us understand why he was so driven to hide what Moyne had done. He knows what Moyne is, and that he can't be around other agents, which can only be a good thing in the end. (And I love the description of where Moyne is now -- a very unstable, dangerous part of the world, eh? Full of lots of traffic where another man might get hit by a bus, perhaps? wink At least we know he's not in Metropolis to seek revenge on Lois!)

But while I agree that Menzies' decision to "terminate" the alien project and wipe it from the records could be interpreted as a decision to kill Clark, I think it's just as likely that it could work in Lois and Clark's favor. I don't really see him working with Lois to free Clark, but I do think he might be relieved if they end up disappearing and will choose not to track them down. Though I definitely wouldn't put it past Lois to discover this chink in his armor and use it to strike a deal with him to get what she wants. Time will tell how it will all play out!

As always, can't wait for more. smile

Kathy

Top Banana
Top Banana
I never liked the idea of Moyne getting away with murder (literally).

Although I completely understood Lois's decision to let Moyne's attack drop, I wasn't completely comfortable with it. I just figured (hoped) Moyne would be dealt with later in the story.

I like the idea of Clark escaping, and Lois and Clark bringing Moyne to justice. Or Superman bringing him to justice. Or Laura's idea of Karma would work, too. laugh

I interpreted the section on Menzie to indicate he was an imminent threat and would provide the impetus for Lois to get Clark out sooner rather than later. But I could be way off on that. huh

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
wave

PS: Is it wrong to hope Moyne tries to mistreat the daughter of a local tribe chieftain and they string him up on a tree and drizzle honey and ants onto his most sensitive body parts, then wait until the flesh starts falling off his bones before they grind up whats left of him and put it into a tar pit?

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I like that kind of Karma for Moyne Michael!

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
After he'd come whining about his removal from the alien operation, Eric had investigated the details of the new assignment Scardino had given Neville. It was perfect. He would be working alone. He would be working in one of the most volatile and dangerous places on earth. He would be working in a place where death was an everyday occurrence.
You mean that Moyne was sent to Detroit? laugh

L
Blogger
Blogger
L
Real Life has been very busy, and I've had to catch up on a few chapters! I enjoy the POV you allow us with each main character that is involved. I am currently reading a series where there is no straight "bad guy" and "good guy." You are understanding of each character's feelings and motives, and it is just so wonderful to real life. We are all layered invidividuals. We ourselves aren't defined by only one kind of motive or feeling.

That is exactly what you are doing in your story, and I really, really enjoy that. Moyne seems to be the only real creep here.

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -- Albert Einstein
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
AS usual, really enjoyed this part and ready for more and more and more! You really know how to write so clearly about their inner thoughts and point of view, which of course explains so much to us. Wonderful writing! thumbsup

And cannot wait to see what your Menzies decides to do, what route he will take to achieve his goal. huh

EvelynC
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Another amazing chapter and I'm so happy I've been busy the past few days because I haven't had time to check this site continuously to see if there was a new chapter!

Love how you are progressing the Lois/Clark relationship! It's progressing at just the right pace. smile1

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
First, a general comment. Thanks for going with the Menzies story and the Shadbolt story. Sometimes, I feel as if I should post these parts with an apology because they're not strictly LnC - but still necessary to the story.

It makes me smile1 that you're OK with small tangents.

Joy I really appreciate your comment, Joy. Trying to explain a secondary character's motivation is a precarious business - I need to give enough that you understand, but not so much that the readers start scrolling down, looking for more LnC.

MozartMaid Thanks for re-reading. Sometimes I do that with a DVD - go to my favourite scene first, and then settle in to watch the entire movie.

Sorry about the confusion with words. In this fic, I only use 'operation' to mean the overall job. Within that operation, individual agents are given 'assignments'.

When I'm refering to the implant Trask and Moyne put in Clark, I use the word 'surgery'.

DW

I thought that you explained Lois' reasons for not wanting to kiss Clark very well. While he is still in the cell, it is almost like he doesn't have too much of a choice but to go along with things, whether voluntarily or involuntarily. Once he is free, the evolution of their relationship (from guardian-prisoner, to friends, to *more*) will represent a more "free" choice on his part - as he can then decide his future and what he wants. Moreover, Clark will be hesitant to show any "interest" like that in Lois because it is going to take some time for him to realise and accept that Lois doesn't see the alien in him, but sees him as another human person with a few extra talents. (I hope that somehow made sense).
Uhhmm. wink I have mixed feelings about this para. Firstly, it's clap and clap You got it!

Why did you trail off? Did he fall asleep?
Yes. His thoughts are starting to circle.

And as for your PS ... firstly, it was dance laugh and just occasionally thud

Corrina.

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Uhhmm. I have mixed feelings about this para. Firstly, it's and because DW *gets* the story! My writing is working and so is your reading.

Second comes the thought ... perhaps DW should be writing this fic
Thank goodness that rambling explanation made sense!

As for your second thought ... no thank you. I am quite content reading what you come up with and I'll stick to academic writing for now wink

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard