Not WAFFY enough?
I guess the question is, now what? evil

Comments here please.

Bob

Top Banana
Top Banana
I am picturing a disgruntled Clark in Mickey ears--most excellent! thumbsup

“Lois, what in the world are you doing working for the Star?”
clap Whew! Clark is back in Metropolis--almost! Thank goodness! Now to take care of Lex and for Lois to realize she's already helplessly smitten with her partner wink

Nice part!!

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
SNL Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi Bob,

I've just found this story and I'm hooked! hyper

The way that you are dealing with Clark and Lois is brilliant.

Looking forward to Part 5

SNL.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
This is great! I think you have it down perfectly in how you have both Clark and Lois so drawn to each other, yet hesitant to reveal their feelings, but ready to get back together at least as partners, that is, once Clark was finished feeling rejected and listened to Lois long enough. Loved how Clark asked Lois for a date once he is officially back in Metropolis!!!

Great stuff, flows really well to me and rings true. Makes for excellent reading!! thumbsup

EvelynC
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Great part!

Loved the explanation Lois gave Clark in that she doesn't know the "real" Clark, as he is a mixture of both Clark and Superman and hiding one part of himself when in the suit and vice versa.

Looking forward to part 5!

smile

Top Banana
Top Banana
This was terrific. I was grinning through the entire first half - with Martha and the crocodiles - and smiling through the second. The conversation between Lois and Clark was perfect. And to answer your question... it was just the right amount of waffiness! smile

I especially liked what Lois said about a stiff Superman and a scared Clark both being acts - two sides of the same coin. Very insightful of her thumbsup Especially as it gave Clark the perfect lead-in to ask her for a date. hyper

Looking forward to more.

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Excellent chapter. At first I was concerned about Clark's reaction. He's had time to get to know Lois so he should know she wouldn't expose him. But Lex Luther's manipulations designed to throw off Lois have also affected Clark. He's not thinking logically. He's hurt and he's scared.

Love this line:
“Then how can you blame her for the way she reacted? Her whole world has been turned inside out and Luthor was doing everything in his power to get her to do what he wanted.”
Go Martha!

Nice to see Lois' thought process:
In the intervening days she’d found, much to her surprise, that she hadn’t missed seeing Lex at all. What did that tell her? She had been considering marrying the man, but now that he was gone from her life, she felt no appreciable loss. Clark, on the other hand…
She's not instantly in love with Clark, but we can see the wheels turning in her head.

Beautiful conversation between Lois and Clark. You've set the stage nicely to advance their relationship and for Lois to uncover the real Lex Luther.

Joan

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey Bob I really loved this chapter! It had everything a Lois and Clark fic needs to be wonderful! I love their connection despite past fears on both sides. great job getting Clark to come back!Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Top Banana
Top Banana
Great job, Bob. You handled some very tricky emotions and thought processes with aplomb. And I love your Martha. You've got her down pat.

Happy

This *is* my happily ever after.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Heheheh, Clark really did make a vanishing act hyper

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Hi everyone, thank you for all the feedback. I’m sorry I’m not able to post more quickly, but I am doing my best to keep things moving forward.

Now, I have to share this. That golf course community across from Gatorland... It’s really there. It’s called Hunters Creek. And back the mid 90’s I used to live there myself. In fact, that was where I lived when LnC was first being broadcast.

It was not unusual at all to have alligators in the water hazards. But that lake full of gators across the street in Gatorland was quite an eye-opener as to the true nature of where Beverly and I lived.

mozartmaid:
I am picturing a disgruntled Clark in Mickey ears--most excellent!
You know, now I’m thinking that image would have been worth finding a reason to send them to Disney World.

SNL:
Thank you for giving my story a look. I hope the rest of the story can keep you hooked.

EvelynC:
The attraction for each other is what I love so much about LnC. Any other couple would have been together immediately. But Lois is in denial and Clark is too afraid. Part 1 was all about slapping them both into action. Part 4 was about the personal consequences of that wake-up call. Now we get to see what the rest of the consequences will be. rotflol

Thanks again. I hope to have Part 5 ready by tomorrow.
Bob

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard