Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
dance I hope everyone has a fabulous new year! dance

Comments?

Bob

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sammy The Mouse - BTW, what is his friend's real name? He said, "Sa - " and then he corrected himself to "My friend Sal". Why do I think there is a story behind that?

And Happy New Year too!

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful.

Framework4
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Yay, a new part!

I loved this part and I wonder where Clark is.

smile

P.S. Happy New Year!

Top Banana
Top Banana
Glad to see a new part! Where is Clark, indeed! Interested to see where this goes...

“I think everyone in the city knows but you. I know bookies that have taken bets about whether you two end up together.”
hyper

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Top Banana
Top Banana
Somehow I missed this when it first went up. Great job with Petersen, and with Sammy.

I know where Clark is, but I'm not telling. :p

This *is* my happily ever after.
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thanks for the feedback. I hope everyone if having a great start to your new year. The story is moving along nicely and I’m certain that I’ll be able to maintain a posting rate of better than one part per week for the rest of the story.

Thanks also to IolantheAlias and Happy Girl for taking time from their holiday to beta this story.

Iolanthe:
Sammy popped up in When the Sky Falls and I’ve always wanted to develop him more. As for who Sal is, all I’m willing to say now is that may come up in the future but no promises.

Framework4:
Thank you. I hope the story remains interesting as we move forward.

DW:
It won’t be too long before we find out what Clark is doing. Thanks for the note.

mozartmaid:
When I look back at the S1 episodes, I always thought that the chemistry between them was very obvious and glowed like a beacon in the dark. I’ve been revisiting Dandello’s “Plane Storm” and there is a paraphrase of a line by Elie Wiesel that I love that I think applies. The original quote goes:
“The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference.”
Whatever else was going on in S1, they were NOT indifferent to each other. I always thought that all of their associates, including their sources, would see what was going on.

HappyGirl:
Thank you for your help with these portrayals.

Again, thank you all. Part 4 is coming together and should be ready in another day or two.

Bob

S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Great to see a new chapter! I like that Lois has detached herself from Lex. And The Star's rationale to keep Lois around makes sense too. They know she's got the inside scoop on Superman.

I loved this:
“On Monday, Sa…. Well, my friend Sal was in the park. She said you two were having some kind of intense discussion. When it was over Kent looked … not good. No one has seen him since. Did he finally tell you how he feels about you?”
With many shows, this wouldn't work, but it makes perfect sense in the L&C universe.

Hope we get to hear more about the disconnect in Smallville soon. What's going on there?

Joan

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wow, Peterson sounds surprisingly refreshing and not at all like the Star sterotype. Which could be a god thing in regard to a support infrastructure for Lois.

“On Monday, Sa…. Well, my friend Sal was in the park.
This sounds ominous. Why did he trail off the first time. Is 'Sal' maybe not 'Sal' with an L, or is it Sally? Am in the camp that wants more of this clap Ingenious, too.

Lex turned to look out over the city. He could feel the smile growing on his face. “In battle one should always strike hardest when his opponent cannot retaliate.” He turned back to his assistant. “I want all of our associates to push this as strongly as possible. Use the interviews with the survivors. Get more if necessary. LNN has a new editorial position: If Superman can’t be counted on to be here when he’s needed, then he should stay away. Make sure it’s angry.”
I did wonder if Lex still locked Superman away. Doesn't sound like it now, though. Unless you're pulling an unreliable narrator on us, showing Lex, but not letting him think he has Superman. Anyhow, before I get all infinite-loopy, Lex's idea has one major flaw. If Superman is actually gone, it won't matter except for the history books. Oh, wait, that's more than enough for our narcissistic sociopath.

Looking forward to #4.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Joan:
Thanks for the note. As for this…
Hope we get to hear more about the disconnect in Smallville soon. What's going on there?
You will find out very soon. smile

Michael:
I’m glad Petersen came across positively. Why couldn’t the Star try to upgrade their image? As for the Lex elements... smile smile smile
As for this:
If Superman is actually gone, it won't matter except for the history books. Oh, wait, that's more than enough for our narcissistic sociopath.
Absolutely! It’s not enough that Superman is gone, he must still lose in every possible way.

Part 4 will be up in a few minutes. smile
Bob

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard