Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Clark had been awake a long time before the first glimmer of sunlight brought subtle changes to the hue of the window.

From his first moment of consciousness, thoughts of Lois had filled his mind. There was so much to think about - his parents, the farm, and Lois in Smallville; whether Scardino would come into his prison with the rods; the outcome of the meeting; and if the higher-up would decide that Lois had to leave.

If he did, what would she do?

Clark sat up and put her pillow behind his head as he leaned against the wall.

Tapping away in his brain was a possibility that he had repeatedly refused to contemplate.

It was unthinkable.

But from what he had gleaned about Lois Lane, there seemed to be every chance that *she* was thinking about it.

She knew about the implant.

That should have been enough to convince her that he could never leave this prison.

But it hadn't been - she had simply threatened to bulldoze the wall.

Despite the gravity of the situation, Clark felt himself smile.

If anyone ordered a bulldozer, it would be Lois.
Thanks!

Corrina.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Yeah!!! Another update!

LOVED this chapter. Loved the way you had Lois investigate , very clever! I was hoping for him to shave this chapter smile1

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
So far so good. I can't wait until everything pans out! Looking forward to the next chapter. The hug was a nice touch, though I was surprised after all the foot rubbing he didn't hug back just yet. I suppose it won't be long though. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Do you know where Moyne is?"

Her heart stalled. "Moyne?"

"He was with Trask when they came to the farmhouse. He knows where I used to live."
Uh-oh. eek

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oooh oooh oooh! The Kents have been gone all this time. smile1

Definitely hoping that Scardino and Menzies don't come while she's gone. Don't want to think about Clark facing the rods again. mecry

You're writing is so amazing in clarity of actions and feelings. notworthy

EvelynC
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Another chapter... awesome! What a great way to end the year! smile1

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
loved this chapter especially the part about the horse poisoning and how Clark knew it would be enough to loosen the local lips

Merriwether
Merriwether
Love how Lois and Clark are working together so well, with him feeding her information about Granville and their "mystery". And, of course, I grinned at Lois's undercover identity -- gee, I wonder which "big city paper" this newbie reporter might work for? goofy

I'm sad, but not surprised, that the entire Kent family disappeared, never to return. Even if M&J were released, they couldn't go back to Smallville ... too many questions to answer, especially about where their son had gone. And as much as I hate to say it, I'm with Clark that knowing they were killed soon after his capture would not be the worst outcome. Their age, coupled with Jon's heart condition ... well, let's just say I doubt they could survive anything near what Clark has been through. Let's just hope there is another, less tragic, solution that has made its way into that brilliant brain of yours. smile

Clark's realization that Moyne could be in Smallville brought me up short -- he's absolutely right, and while I'd worried about Moyne staying in Metropolis to get revenge on Lois, I hadn't considered he might go AWOL and check out Smallville. Unless ... Menzies was able to get him assigned somewhere that was possible? *Shudder* I hope not. That would be awful.

Lois sure got everything she hoped for out of Maisie ... and my money is on her driving out of town, only to head to the Kent farm by the back roads. I'm both dreading and eager to see what she might find ... and the same goes for her return. I'm keenly curious about what will happen in the meeting between Scardino and Menzies, and whether they will pay a visit to the cell while Lois is gone. *Fret*

Darn posting schedule ... I really need to perfect my intertube tunneling skills, so I can sneak my way through the 'net and pop up in your hard drive!

Kathy

Top Banana
Top Banana
Could I have one of those Clark ankle rubs, pretty please?? thumbsup
"The parents, Martha and Jonathan, and their son, Clark."

"And then what happened? Did they come back?"

"Nope," Maisie said triumphantly. "Never heard of 'em ever again."
Oh, no... this isn't good. Even though I hoped Martha and Jonathan were still living in Smallville, somehow I didn't think that would happen... But I hope that Wayne Irig might be able to provide some clues??

She got into the rental car and drove out of Smallville on the road towards Granville.
Does she really? Or is it a diversion to sneak off to the Kent farm?

Love the progression of the story! You are stringing us along though waiting for Clark's haircut, you clever writer, you! cool Can't wait for the next bit! hyper

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Top Banana
Top Banana
15 of 25, huh? Does this mean you have actually finished writing Bridge? Or that you are working on the last chapter now? Either way, CONGRATULATIONS! smile1 That's not too much to ask, is it?

I am loving this story! thumbsup Looking forward to more.

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Yay, a new part before 2010 ends! This so made my day! (well ... evening considering that I only got to reading in now).

I loved this part and absolutely loved Lois hugging Clark - I am sure that he will hug back next time, or initiate it perhaps? wink

I liked you version of a "younger" Lois with all the "like ... and like ..." It really made me laugh !

I think that Lois will head back to Smallville, well, the farm and hope that she won't have an encounter with Moyne there and I also hope that Menzies and Scardino won't enter the cell - I really want a clean-shaven Clark soon smile

Oh, I just had another thought - Lois will surely be going to the farm and into the house. As no one has lived there for 7 years, every thing is probably still where it was when they were taken. Maybe Lois, who would go into Clark's room, can take somethings from his room to him in the cell? Maybe a photo of Martha and Jonathan? A football? smile

Anyhow, I'll also be checking the boards like crazy to see if a new part has been posted laugh

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
She settled back onto the pillow. "My plan is to go into the cafe and say that I'm a junior reporter for a city newspaper. I'll say that I've been given one chance to impress my editor, and he's given me a story about mysteries in small country towns."
Ooh, very clever thumbsup

She got into the rental car and drove out of Smallville on the road towards Granville.
Can't wait to find out what she finds at the farm. Plus, two more days and ten parts. wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Back home to my computer, woohoo!

I know I and others have said this before, but each time you update, the want for the next chapter is ratcheted up a bit more. The moment I finish each section, I'm never sure how on earth I will make it until the next post. laugh This time was no exception... Lois in the car presumably headed to the Kent farm, and Clark in his cell possibly awaiting the exposure to the rods - Gah! how are we to survive the anticipation? But I'm getting ahead of myself. Focusing on this update:

I confess it took until the second re-through for me to compute that Lois isn't a reporter in this universe. Nice alias and clever plan. It looks as though they got all the information they could have hoped for from Maisie. thumbsup Goes to show what a great team they are!

Hadn't thought of Moyne going to Smallville. dance So glad she did it. I'm excited to read what's next for these two but equally wanting them to just be back together.

He'll be subdued anyway; I used the rods to ensure the pet door guy was OK."
Nice distancing.

"I'm going now," she said. "I'll be back tomorrow, and we'll spend the evening together."
Here's to hoping that Lois is an accurate predictor of the future. Let the countdown until the next part commence. mecry

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I know I and others have said this before, but each time you update, the want for the next chapter is ratcheted up a bit more. The moment I finish each section, I'm never sure how on earth I will make it until the next post.
Emily, I don't know whether you will take this as good news or bad news, but I BR-ed Bridge 24 today, and all I can say is that for me the feeling you describe got stronger - much, much stronger - over the last couple of parts. I don't want to say much for fear of spoilers, so I'll just say, "Wow!" 2011 has barely begun, and already I know one story that is going to be nominated for (and likely win) several Kerths for this new year!

Joy,
Lynn

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Bellarase

I was hoping for him to shave this chapter
He *will* shave in 17 - and Lois *will* see him.

Laura Re the hug - it's a long, slow dance wink

Iolanthe Moyne ... uhmm!

Evelyn I couldn't have the Kents at the farm - firstly, I'm not sure it would be terribly realistic, and secondly, it wipes out some of my plot!

Definitely hoping that Scardino and Menzies don't come while she's gone.
You got your wish smile

Elizabeth

Pharlap?
Sigh. I thought I'd got all the Australian touches out of my system in AR, but this one crept in!

Joy Small town rivalry is a powerful thing!

Kathy An interesting mix of FDK wink - you got some things exactly right and some things sort of right!

MozartMaid

But I hope that Wayne Irig might be able to provide some clues??
Lois had to be really careful about asking direct questions. If she hadn't gone to Scardino with the names, the need for care might have been less. But, having given Scardino the names of Clark's parents, there was a chance *Scardino* would go to Smallville asking questions (for either good reasons or bad) and she didn't want someone saying ... 'There was a young woman here last week asking exactly these questions.'

You are stringing us along though waiting for Clark's haircut
I was eager for it, too - in fact it was one of the first scenes that was 'written' in my head - but there was other stuff that needed to be done first.

Vicki

Does this mean you have actually finished writing Bridge?
I have now dance I started the third story today.

And, of course, find out where the Road will take us!
Uhmm - as story 3 is becoming clearer in my mind, I'm wondering if 'Road' is the best title.

What have you done to the Kents!?!
Good question! I know how it ends for the Kents - I'm not 100% sure how to get there eek

DW

I think that Lois will head back to Smallville, well, the farm and hope that she won't have an encounter with Moyne there and I also hope that Menzies and Scardino won't enter the cell
Howzat? You got everything you asked for laugh

Maybe Lois, who would go into Clark's room, can take somethings from his room to him in the cell?
You get the cookies this time!

Michael

Now, why does that sound like a bad omen?
Because you have a suspicious mind, Michael! wink

Plus, two more days and ten parts.
What can I say? A lot happens!

Emily

It is always *very* encouraging to hear that the story is holding up.

I'm glad you liked the foot massage - that means you won't forget it. wink

Here's to hoping that Lois is an accurate predictor of the future.
cool

Lynn I'm particularly glad you're enjoying it, because I keep sending you new parts to iron out!

BIG thanks to everyone for your continuing interest in this journey. You rock!

Corrina.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Hmmmm, now you've got me curious. It's no longer a "Road". Certainly not a "Dead End"! evil

Maybe. now that Clark is himself again, they won't be driving. How about "Flight"? smile

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard