Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Comments here please. smile1

I have to again thank Happy Girl and IolantheAlias for agreeing to beta. The Fabulous Beverly is helping too but it's a bit harder for her to decline.

Bob

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oh wow!

Thank you sooooo much for gifting this to us on Christmas!

LOVED this chapter and I really thought Lois' response was perfect. I am so glad she gave Lex the boot but I don't think it will bode well that he is having her followed!

Looking forward to the next part - and I hope everything is ok in Smallville *is worried*

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wow! help Does the plot ever thicken! Can't wait to see where you take this. hyper

And that evil Lex and his schemes-- Ooooh! eek

EvelynC
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ooh, great Christmas present! clap

One more note, the last major story that I wrote was “When the Sky Falls” and I was fundamentally complete before I started positing it over a year ago. I had no idea how hard it would be to start writing again after so long.
/mutters about being scared about inherent truth of previous statement/

I don’t think I expected Lois cleaning house so quickly, but that was mostly because now things have to shift into A-plot eek I’m thinking Clark decided to vanish and vanish his parents along with him. Which means Lois has no easy way of tracking him. Plus, Lex is having her followed so once she does track the Kents down, Lex will know, too.

Oh boy, what a mess!

Merry Christmas, Bob!
Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Glad to see this up, Bob. Merry Christmas!

Michael has a much more suspicious mind than I do. I assumed that the Kents unplugged their answering machine because they knew that Smallville would be the first place Lois would look for Clark and he just doesn't want to hear from her.

I think Clark is sulking, and I'm curious to see what it will take to draw him back into Lois's life.

This *is* my happily ever after.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Heh, I think Happy Girl has a more angsty mind than I do. I just assumed their answering machine was broken. I also assume that the Kents wouldn't get involved in this mess, and whether or not Clark chooses to pick up the phone is his own poison...assuming he's even in Smallville. That's a mighty list of assumptions...

Great part, Bob!
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Great chapter. Nice to read Lois' thoughts.

For a moment, Lois wondered which front was the real person. She shifted uncomfortably as the answer came. The answer was almost too obvious.
Love that she doesn't even really have to think about this - she knows.

Had she ever loved Lex? Clark had asked her that same question earlier today. If she was really considering marrying someone, shouldn’t that answer be an easy yes?
It always surprised me that Lois would even consider marrying Lex for that very reason. But...losing her job and the Planet. Lex's plans to destablize her certainly worked. Most of us would be more vulnerable under those circumstances.

I'm glad she canceled the wedding. I'm also wondering what's going on at Smallville.

Joan

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Great part and the plot thickens! Lois' reaction was very Lois! And I loved that she broke it off with Lex so quickly clap

I wonder where you are taking this!?!

Looking forward to the next part!

smile

bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
bellarase:
I’m glad you enjoyed the reaction. As for what’s happening in Smallville… well, RAFO.

EvelynC:
I have to admit that sometimes I think I have more pure fun with Lex and his planning than anything else.

Michael:
Yeah. Writers block in tough enough but once it goes on for a while it gets even harder to step back. I like your ideas about Smallville and what Clark is doing.
Oh boy, what a mess!
How can you go anywhere near BatP without it being some kind of mess? smile

HappyGirl:
I think Clark is sulking,
There is some truth to that but there are other issues in play as well.

JD:
I just assumed their answering machine was broken. I also assume that the Kents wouldn't get involved in this mess, and whether or not Clark chooses to pick up the phone is his own poison
I LOVE all the ideas here. I’m coming to believe that all of you could build a better plot than what I have. Seriously, though, I love this image.

scifiJoan:
It always surprised me that Lois would even consider marrying Lex for that very reason. But...losing her job and the Planet. Lex's plans to destablize her certainly worked. Most of us would be more vulnerable under those circumstances.
I’ve always had a problem with this sequence for that very reason. Lois is stronger than what happened in the series. For the sake of the story I have to assume that she was being driven by “too much too fast” due to Lex’s manipulations.

DW:
Thanks. I did have a thought of having Lois not believe Clark and go to Lex with a story of, “You won’t believe what Clark tried to pull.” But every way I looked at that ended VERY badly. You can always write your way out of anything but every situation where Lex discovers Clark’s secret while he s still in control of his empire results in a bad end. At least, every one that I could think of that didn’t involve something that I found unreasonable. (This is one of the HUGE problems over in the Smallville universe, it seems like every bad guy on the planet knows that Clark Kent is the guy with the 5-star super powers.)

Thanks everyone. I’m still making progress. I believe part 3 will be up before New Year's Day. I still believe there will be somewhere around 10 parts in the whole story. So for things are on-track for a rate of just better than 1 part per week.

Bob

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard