Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#76210 12/21/10 01:43 PM
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Yay! Part eight is here at last ... and it was worth the wait. smile1

So, there are only two parts left to wrap this up. My guess/hope? Part 9 will basically wrap up the A-plot and part 10 will be a heaping helping of B-plot with an extra-large side of WAFF. Am I close? (No, I don't *really* expect you to answer that, since doing so would probably give too much away.)

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I hope you are right Lynn. Good stuff Sue. Looking forward to more soon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ohhh, great. A clue for Clark. Poor disheveled Superman! More soon!
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ooh, the creepy guy honing the knife is really creepy. wink

Top Banana
Top Banana
Squee part 8 is here!! hyper I'm loving that the mystery is finally unraveling and I love Lois' reaction after the press conference. She thought it was weird that she told SM she and Clark were dating, ha! laugh

And who is this creepy guy with the knife? So Twitchell and this Sadler guy were in on it together - the kidnapping that is - and then Sadler betrayed Twitchell and knoifed him (said with crocodile dundee accent) and decided he wanted to play with Lois a little more so he stuck her in a box car thinking he'd go back later and have his way with her and then knoife her too, right? Am I right? I've totally just revealed the rest of the story haven't I? laugh

Ooo and then Clark and Lois declare their undying love (after Lois gives Clark a reaming) and then they makeout for hours and hours. You have to throw in a good butt squeeze Sue, just for old times sake. Hee hee wink

Can't wait for part 9!!

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
Top Banana
Top Banana
I have to get ready to *hopefully* catch a plane for Christmas, yet I saw this up and had to read laugh

So, quick FDK!

Poor Clark! Loved how you described him so disheveled with not even a moment spared to shave in pursuit of Lois!

I love how you write Lois. You don't have to say much, and we get everything about her character:
"Hold up there, Clark. I'm not done with you."

Lois smirked at him and hurriedly left before Perry could change his mind and call her back.
And now, the anxiety begins--both for us and Clark!
Taped to the wall in front of him was yesterday's front page article - "Daily Planet Reporter Missing".

A heart had been drawn around the picture of Lois.
That can't be good! frown

Great part, Sue! Hope to see part 9 sooner than part 8! wink

Happy Holidays everyone! Safe travels! <:0)

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Loved this part and a disheveled Superman! rotflol

Looking forward to part 9!

smile

J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Sue, I just love your writing. Seriously, I just don't know what else to say. I hang onto every word.

She gave him a wicked grin. "I can't wait to hear your excuse when you don't get there until eight." The elevator doors opened and she stepped inside.
This is my favorite line in this part. I'm still smiling from it.

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Great - a new chapter!

Loved this line:

"I think there's something wrong with Superman. Like, maybe, there's another clone out there or something."
Isn't it funny how our minds work? Even when the evidence is right in front of her, Lois can't accept it and comes up with something else to explain what she saw.

"I can't wait to hear your excuse when you don't get there until eight."
Aw, this is a bit sad because we already know what went wrong.

Glad to hear Clark's making some progress. He needs to shave!

Joan

Top Banana
Top Banana
What Jackie said.

Seriously, I love the way you write! thumbsup

Loving this story and anxious for more!

- Vicki (who likes the idea of a disheveled Superman with a 5 o-clock shadow)

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
cool You've got energized air again thumbsup

"He's probably off torturing kittens somewhere."
shock

Taped to the wall in front of him was yesterday's front page article - "Daily Planet Reporter Missing".

A heart had been drawn around the picture of Lois.
/C-3PO voice/ Oh dear. Oh dear.
I don't think he stashed her for having fun later. After all, why keep her instead of taking advantage of the drug. After a weekend in the container she's probably going to be much riper and much less entertaining. No, I think the heart's the clue. Davie probably fell in love with her or already was in love with her in a stalkery fashion. Then Twitchell wanted her silenced and Davie did the only logical thing. He killed Twitchell and stashed Lois somewhere save so she wouldn't get hurt again in the future. This also explains why he provided her with food and water. Umm... yes... That's definitely what I'm guessing now. At least, until you show us differently. /hint hint/

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
"Me three!" who loves your writing that is. Seriously this just keeps getting better and better. The L&C scene in the newsroom was perfection - Clark's nervousness, Lois's confusion, combined with a nice dose of UST makes for delightful reading.

5 o'clock shadow Superman? Be still my heart (plus it brings to mind a certain CC Aiken one-shot where that stubble was put to good use! *swoons*).

Her answering smile ratcheted his pulse into overdrive. "All right. Pick me up at seven-thirty and we'll go see that movie you vetoed last week."
Haha, love this.

And we have a suspect in sight, woohoo! Let's get 'em Supes and wrap up this pesky A-plot. Can't wait for more.

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I love these little signs of Clark's inability to uphold his flawless, godlike Superman persona:

He grudgingly admitted to himself that the lack of sleep was making him sloppy but it was impossible to consider resting when he had no idea where Lois was.
Poor tired sloppy Superman.

Clark caught a glimpse of his reflection in her bedroom window and realized that he couldn't continue to appear in public as Superman unless he shaved first.
Yep, he really should shave - but will he?

Jimmy hesitated and looked up at him in concern. "How's Clark doing? Do you know?"

"He's out looking," Clark answered. He saw the flicker of worry in the younger man's expression and realized then that he still hadn't shaved.
Nope! No shaving! There is also the fact that Clark can't talk to his parents right now because that would only increase his crushing sense of guilt. And he can't sleep, and he can only look for Lois, and... Poor guy!

Oh, but he did find that guy in the Red Sox cap! What a totally creepy guy that was!

Ann

Kerth
Kerth
How was everyone's holidays? Mine have been lovely thus far! I've spent oodles of time with my extended family and haven't had the urge to do violence to any of them. I've baked up a storm, gone to see two movies and have eaten more calories in four days than I should consume in a month. And then I check the boards and find all this lovely FDK. Life is good. Life is very, very good. laugh

Lynn and Laura - It probably gives very little away to tell you that you're absolutely right since you don't know how the A-plot ends or what the proportion of WAFF to B-plot is. wink

Artemis - All Clark needed was a clue. And a shave. laugh But then, the shave kinda depends on who's looking at him. It appears I'm not alone in my admiration for a disheveled Superman. clap

Iolanthe - Yay! "Creepy" is exactly what I was going for. smile

Steph - I laughed at the thought of Sadler (creepy guy) having an Australian accent. I think Dundee's knife is bigger. <heh> I'll try to work in a butt grope for you. wink

Mozartmaid - I hope you made your flight! Thank you for highlighting one of my favorite moments - when Lois smirks at Clark because he's stuck in Perry's office. smile I'm hoping to have part 9 up on Tuesday and part 10 on Friday. <fingers crossed>

DW - Thanks! smile

Jackie - Awww. blush Thank you for the compliments. And for picking out one of my other favorite lines to highlight.

Joan - I think she doesn't see Superman in Clark and vice versa because it would be so life-changing to her. It's easier for her mind to process that something's wrong with her hero than to follow it to its logical conclusion. I hate to disappoint you (although it does sound like not everyone is going to be upset about this), but there is no shave in store for Clark before the end of the story. laugh

Vicki - Thank you! blush

Michael - Sarcasm is one of Lois' best defense mechanisms. I suppose she could get her shoes back after they're no longer evidence. evil

Thanks to everyone who's posted comments! I couldn't (and wouldn't!) do this without you guys. sloppy

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
It would have been so much more fun to only have the last part, but then it wouldn't make much sense.
I'll give you that. Plus forepla...err.. anticipation is part of the fun right? laugh

Please tell me which story it is with Superman's stubble being put to good use - I must read it!
Oh you are in for a treat... Run, do not walk, to Splintered Headboard, Souvenir, Lesson Learned by CC Aiken. If you need someone to gush with afterward, I'm here. In fact I might be there. *goes off to reread* laugh

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I think Emily is thinking of 'Splintered Headboard, Souvenir, Lesson Learned' blush

It sounds like a recipe for disaster if he were to find the creepy guy that took her… Oh, wait…
/goes to tell Henderson to bring a mop/

but I found I needed to explain why she's in that damn train car at the beginning.
/starts thinking intensely.../

* Superman locked her in there because she was having a fit?
* Superman locked her in there because he told her his secret and she got mad and started to threaten to do things?
* Clark locked her in there after they spent the night in the wilderness with only the trees witness to some naughty stuff and when Lois found out exactly what Clark had been hiding underneath those clothes, he had to lock her in there?

Hmmm... I do see your issues. All that springs to mind is more or less born on the dark side of the boards... wave

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Top Banana
Top Banana
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you tomorrow... smile

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
As I said privately, I really liked this part. I love seeing stories where Clark uses not only his super powers, but also his abilities as a reporter. Yes, he's used both his guises to investigate, but his relentless pursuit of Lois' abductors has been impressive.

I also like seeing a disheveled Superman/Clark. Makes him look a bit dangerous.
evil
I'm hoping to have part 9 up on Tuesday
/clears throat. Yeah, about that. Check your inbox.

B

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/peeps in/ Um anybody got any withdrawal meds? /peeps back out, shivering like crazy/

Michael

Top Banana
Top Banana
please? grovel

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard