Top Banana
smile1 Comments here please. smile1

Bob

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hi Bob,

I've decided not to read your story until I see that you at least know the number of parts it will be and until the end of it is near; I would rather wait to start reading it than possibly have to wait a week between parts.

Having said that, I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed your interactions with your muse. Would you be willing to come over here and help me strong-arm my muse when she decides to head off to Scotland for yet another holiday? (She's actually being good at the moment -- I have just finished typing the outline of what I think will be my most complex story yet. (Not that that is saying much, admittedly, given that my specialty is short-short stories.))

If your story is even half as enjoyable as your intro was, I am very much looking forward to the time I will start reading it. smile

Congratulations on making your muse deliver.

Joy,
Lynn

p.s., I am intrigued by the title.

L
Blogger
Blogger
L
My muse has been injured too. It hasn't been working for quite some time. Perhaps I need to have a little talking with it myself, see what coems of it wink

Right away you have started your story with a spin I am curious to see how will span itself out. Will Clark show up as Superman to Lois? Tell her in more final words what he hinted at as he shut the door, about his dual identity? I'm not sure I could believe that Clark would not want to be Superman anymore simply because of Lois, but I can see him feeling like Metropolis is not the home town he was treating it if he is trying to distance himself from Lois.

I am intrigued!

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -- Albert Einstein
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Holy Sh*t Bob! That is quite a start. What a bombshell to drop on us before Christmas! LOL! You hooked me, but I hate waiting for parts, so I may just decide to start it when you are nearly done. Sounds like an awesome start. Lois deserves that! Whew! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I must admit I'm a little torn on the serial posting, because I'm all about instant gratification...I rarely put a book down until I've finished it laugh So maybe with a few of these guys wildguy wildguy wildguy we can motivate you to post more often :p

As for the story itself - it certainly has my attention! Sounds like a dark side of Clark we haven't seen before, a little hopeless and more assertive. Bring on more!!!

"Every woman in love thinks their man looks like Superman!" I sure think so!
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful start.

Clark put his hand on the doorknob and turned to face Lois one last time. “After tonight no one will see Superman again. You see, Superman had the same reason for being in Metropolis that I did. Without that … reason, there is no Superman – just Clark Kent.”
Wonderful cliffhanger

I hope Clark does not bother to show up as Superman.

I'd love for the confused somewhat shallow, at this point, Ms Lane to end up married to Luthor and have to discover what kind of man he is for herself.

Framework4
Top Banana
Top Banana
Glad to see this up. Keep strong-arming that muse; we definitely need to find out where this goes from here. thumbsup

This *is* my happily ever after.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
What an impressive beginning!! smile1

EvelynC
Merriwether
Merriwether
Heh, heh, heh. *Rubs hands together gleefully*

OK, I'm hooked ... I don't normally read stories that are unfinished, especially with an uncertain posting schedule. (I appreciate your honesty about that, btw.) But I couldn't resist at least reading the first chapter, just to see what your premise was, since I've enjoyed your previous stories so much. And ... yeah, I'm hooked. lol

I hope you'll keep going and keep posting -- I'm chuckling evilly just picturing Lois's reaction to his little bombshell. Not my normal reaction to them fighting but she was just so ... so ... deserving of it in this first chapter. So I'm very curious to see where you're going to take it.

Oh, and if you're still looking for your muse, I think I saw him over at the Ace of Clubs. There's a new singer over there, a real looker ... word on the street is that he's enthralled by her rendition of "Nobody Knows You When You're Down and Out." Anyway, she's apparently in love with this cute bartender and your muse found out about it and went on another bender. Sigh. I hope you're able to find him and clean him up this time. Jealous drunks have such messy hangovers ...

Kathy

S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Intriguing start. I like that Clark is acting more on his own feelings rather than waiting on Lois to figure it out. I'll look forward to seeing how you develop this premise.

Joan

Kerth
Kerth
Wow, just wow. Gonna read more ASAP. smile

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
I'm hooked too! Very intriguing premise and this Lois was certainly deserving of Clark's very cold attitude. Hopefully Superman will not make an appearance - he actually just did make an appearance wink and managed to drop a bombshell on Lois, which was clap

I"m looking forward to see where this will go!

smile

Top Banana
Top Banana
Ooh! Definitely hooked!! smile1 And loved your intro about your muse... those muses can be SO annoying!

Interested how this more assertive Clark will play out. Lois frustrates the heck out of me at this stage in their relationship (and Clark too!!), so interested in what you will do with her as well... will she end up with Luthor?

Love the title... 'And the truth will set you...' ...free? ...back? ...spinning on your head because you just figured out the god in a cape you've been chasing is really your green jeans partner and you're about to marry a criminal?? laugh

Can't wait for more!! dance

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
HEY! Get back here and fix this!! I am dying to see lois' reaction!!!

Love Clark's dramatic exit - sooooo awesome!!

Thank you for this ficcie!

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh boy! Am thinking this is his big revelation. Can't wait to seeing this play out and am hoping you put a GPS-tracker on your muse. Or maybe you should get him an ankle monitor.

Michael

PS: Also loved your muse-introduction clap laugh

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Holy cow! heck of start, looking forward to more!

JD
smile1

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Wow! So much feedback. dance I’m dancing the happy feedback dance. (When I’m not writing that is. Must find end of story!)

One note about where this came from. I get frustrated at Clark claiming to love Lois in this episode but not being willing to take a real risk to save her. Because of what Superman knows about Lex, Clark knows that if Lois were to marry Lex, at best she would me miserable. At worst, it would destroy here. If Clark really loves Lois then no price is too high to pay for her well being. He’s not angry, he’s despondent and determined. He knows that there is a chance that she will run to Lex (or go after her Pulitzer) with the information he’s giving her. I’m sure he hopes that won’t be the case, but he can’t be sure. What he is doing is giving up his life as Clark to give her the best chance for happiness.

Lynn:
Thanks for dropping me a note. I understand not wanting to commit to a story without a better feel for time and length. For the record, as of this morning, there are 5 parts with about 14K words and I think I’m more than half-way through. The number of parts may change because I’m not 100% sure of the break-points yet so I keep re-cutting the story. Unless something changes drastically alone the way, this will not be an epic. I’m glad you enjoyed the muse side.

ladymoria:
Thank you for the note. As for what comes next, well, you’ll have to wait and see. I promise it won’t be too long for the next part. As for Clark staying or leaving, it’s not that he doesn’t want to be in Metropolis or be Superman anymore. If Lois goes public or to Lex with the information he’s giving her, it will be impossible to stay. Clark has very few things left that he hasn’t tried already and failed. He has to convince her of the seriousness of the situation. He is now playing the last card in his hand.

Laurach:
Holy Sh*t Bob! That is quite a start. What a bombshell to drop on us before Christmas!
LOL indeed! The funny part is that was pretty much reaction when I wrote it. Most of this year I have been suffering from severe writers block. I decided to force the issue so I grabbed an idea and started writing. When the idea ran its course, I looked it over and my own reaction was along the lines of, “What the @#$% is this?” I’ve been trying to figure out what to do with this ever since.

sweetie1018:
Yes this is a darker side of Clark. Not angry, just despondent and utterly committed to doing everything to save Lois. He sees this as a sacrificial move but one forced on him by necessity.

Framework4:
I’m glad you liked the exit. As for what Lois may get or what she deserves… Well, it won’t be too long before you know. But not now. :-)

HappyGirl:
Thanks. I’m chasing my must with all my might.

EvelynC:
I think if you consider the guidance that I have provided above, you have a good shot at the answer to your question.

Kathy:
Thanks for the note. I have been able to develop some momentum with this story and I am cautiously optimistic that I may be able to improve on my stated posting schedule. And thanks for the muse report. That explains why I’ve twice found him in the gutter one block down from the Ace of Clubs. If I get desperate I may be forced t ask my Sicilian relatives to have a talk with the bartender and suggest that he may find better prospects elsewhere. I’ve met the guy. My muse may not be a prime catch but he’ll treat the singer better than that bartender.

Joan:
Yeah. Like I said above, Clark drives me crazy. If he really loves Lois, he should be more willing to put everything on the line for her benefit. In the regular episode he’s too caught up in what he wants and isn’t thinking aobut the woman he claims to love.

Lara:
Thank you so much.

DW:
Lois was in a very bad place. I’ve never understood why she wasn’t harder on herself when the truth finally came out about Lex. She missed so much and so many people suffered as a result. Good grief, this all started with her trying to get the definitive Luthor interview. She never got it but never noticed.

mozartmaid:
I’m glad you liked the title. The truth is that when I picked that title I didn’t know where the story was going. I was thinking “free”, but free can mean many things. You can be free to reach for the stars of free to destroy yourself. Lois needs to decide how to use the freedom that Clark has just offered her.

bellarase:
I assure you that I am going as fast as I can. Part of the reason for posting part 1 was to light a fire and make sure I get going. I’m glad you liked the end.

Michael:
I guess I’d argue that Clark has had his say. I think things are up to Lois now. The muse side-short was fun. I’m glad you enjoyed it.

JD:
Thanks for the note. I will post more as soon as it’s ready.

Again, thank you all so much. I promise that I’m going to do my best to keep this from dragging on too long.
Bob

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Wow! I waited to start reading this story until all the parts were posted, and now I'm glad I did. It would have been torture to have to wait a week between parts!

What a fantastic beginning to the story, and what a unique way to make the revelation. I'm hooked.

Joy,
Lynn

p.s., I hadn't planned to comment on the story until I read the final part, but this beginning was too good not to leave FDK for it.

bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Hi Lynn:
It would have been torture to have to wait a week between parts!
Well, the average turned out to be 5 days between parts. But I'm glad you decided to give it a chance.
What a fantastic beginning to the story, and what a unique way to make the revelation. I'm hooked.
Thank you so much. I could tell as soon as I wrote it that this was a special beginning. That's one of the reasons I decided to go ahead and start posting before I was really ready.

Bob

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard