Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I debated whether Lois should call Clark Superman at the end or use his name. But I think calling him Superman acknowledges the challenges he faces everyday and she is also acknowledging the 'gift' that only he could give her, by flying her around the world to see Christmas through his eyes. She understands who the man is behind the suit, implicitly at this point. So calling him Superman acknowledges all of that, and I think means so much more. Jury's still out, but, do you agree? Or am I making a mountain out of a molehill?

So, there's my little tale for the holiday season! Hope it warmed your hearts a bit! Enjoy the holidays everyone!! smile1

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
I almost hate for it to be over. But it's been a great ride. How sweet that Superman is thinking of the kids.

Love this line:
"Oh, Martha, let me help you," Lois offered. They all exchanged looks, knowing Lois' limits in the kitchen. "What? I can do something, as long as I'm told exactly what to do and it doesn't involve any kind of... um, cooking."
Clark gave me this on our first... unofficial Christmas together,"
Great continuity there.

[QUOTE"I believe in you. I believe in the love that surrounds this family. But Christmas, I don't know, Clark. I mean, it was wonderful to give those poor sick children a moment of happiness, but there is so much--selfishness, evil, in the world... I just..."[/QUOTE]

Excellent point. With Lois' upbringing, it would be hard to believe in the good in the world. Even with her profession, it would be easy to become jaded. Love how Superman shows her examples of goodness. You'd think he'd get discouraged sometimes too - seeing so much evil in the world.

Her sadness tore at his heart, "Lois, I always saw the good in you. You had just been so battered and bruised that you needed...
well, love. Without any strings or boundaries. Without judgment, without hurtfulness."
Sigh. So sweet.

I like her calling him Superman at the end too. Great job!

Joan

Merriwether
Merriwether
Definitely a WAFFy ending. Merry Christmas to you! You gave us all a present with this story. smile

Kathy

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Fun fic.

Watching Lois have to 'relive' those painful moments was interesting given her different perspective.

Nicely done.

Tank (who was still a bit disappointed that '93 Lois wasn't forced to cut her hair when stuck in '96 or when she came back after the older Lois had been there)

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
I like that she called Clark Superman at the end too! (and your reasoning makes excellent sense wink ).

I really enjoyed reading it and being shown those snippets from Lois' past and her reliving it was interesting.

And happy holidays to you too!

smile

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
What a sweet and Christmassy ending! And I think the Superman at the end worked well. smile1

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard