Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Feedback goes here. smile

If you'd like to see the inspiration for this version of Cat Grant, go read JDG's delightful little gem, Apologia.

Part 30 Monday. And don't panic--Part 31 is twice as long as the others, so we really do have space to wrap everything up.

This *is* my happily ever after.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
No time to write much now, but I loved the gestural conversation between Caleb/Clark and Cat, engagement revelation, and the ending line.

Is Monday here yet? wink

Joy,
Lynn

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful.

But he’ll be spending Saturday morning with me—in an exclusive interview which his office requested.” "he has an announcement to make—one of a potentially delicate nature"
Drat Cat will be scooped by the TV news when they see Lois with Clark Friday night. Sunday editions of major newspapers are shipping by Saturday afternoon. So the interview can't show up in the Planet till Monday. That gives the TV crews all weekend.

Pity the interview couldn't happen Friday Afternoon and appear in the Saturday AM edition or the Sunday edition. Then the TV news folks would only have the late Friday news slot.

I assume you did this because of your evil plan to attack Superman at Lex Luthor’s fundraiser Friday night?

That makes sense but I would think Lois, not knowing about your evil plan to attack her new husband, would be alert to the issue of the Planet getting things in print ASAP.

Framework4
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Patrick,

You forget that this is Metropolis. In a world where a murder one trial only takes two weeks, the same timing rules don't apply...even to weekend newspapers. :p

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great part! I too enjoyed the non-verbal communication between Cat and Clark. I hope we get to be up close and personal at the Cat - Clark interview in the next part where all is revealed. I'm eager to see how that goes.
Looking forward to Monday!
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Aww, that was a nice buildup to the crescendo. Cat was lot's of fun, can't wait to see when she will find out what, i.e. about the wedding, about the bride, or the identity of Caleb.

Plus, finally a reason to look forward to Monday. On the other hand, it will be Monday after work for me, so wave

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Really liked this part together with Cat's gestural conversation with Clark... uhm... Caleb. I'm looking forward to the big reveal when everyone, especially Perry and Cat, find out that Lois married Clark Kent, the famous writer smile

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Clark is going stag Friday night. Presumably Cat's interview is designed to make it into the Saturday afternoon edition, possibly with more in-depth follow-up Sunday.

Top Banana
Top Banana
I just had to pop my head up to say how happy I am that this story has gone active again.

Bob

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Originally posted by AmyPrime:
Clark is going stag Friday night. Presumably Cat's interview is designed to make it into the Saturday afternoon edition, possibly with more in-depth follow-up Sunday.
shock Oh no, that means Lois won't be there to help him with the Kryptonite exposure.

Framework4
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thanks for the comments, everyone!

Michael, in the U.S., the consolation for Monday back-to-work syndrome is Monday Night Football, but only in the fall/winter.

Thanks, Amy, for catching what I missed in Patrick's feedback. To be honest, Patrick, I hadn't even thought about weekend newspaper schedules being any different from the weekday ones. Where I grew up, the Sunday supplements would come out Saturday afternoon, but there was still a Sunday morning newspaper with the actual news.

Part 30 is up. smile

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard