Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I think you'll realize that the story is really about Lois in general and 96 Lois specifically. A reminder from the start of the story:

Her family, when they had tried to get together at the holidays, were always awkward around each other at best, and at each others throats at worst. After pretenses of niceness would fail, her mother would disappear with a bottle of gin, not to be heard from till Christmas afternoon. Her sister Lucy and herself had tried on occasion to make it a better holiday. But somehow, the dynamics of her parents--whether married or divorced--always ruined it. Then, when she had moved to Metropolis, she had merely felt lonely when Christmas came around. Too burdened by the memories of childhood to want to try and go home for the holidays, she would just hold up in her apartment, year after year. She'd maybe go to the Daily Planet Christmas party, smile, and say, 'oh, yes, I'm heading out to visit my family tomorrow.' Everyone always accepted her lie, because it was what was expected. Everyone had touted how wonderful Christmas was, and yet she had only ever wanted to merely survive the holiday.

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Kerth
Kerth
The Lois/Lois scene was great! Little Lois still seemed like Lois.

"First of all, you waste way too much time on these stories!
//Shakes head// Some people just *don't* understand, do they?

And now you've added a time factor laugh Clark had better get a move on.

Corrina.

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
I, too, loved the exchange between Lois and little Lois - it was so sweet!

And little Lois was so much like "Lois" already.

I'm also curious to know where Tempus took 1996 Lois next ...

smile

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Cute little-Lois/big-Lois interaction. I wonder if her parents would have a fit if they knew Lois let a strange into the house or if they wouldn't even care razz

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard