Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Ok, so I realized AFTER I wrote this that HG Wells makes Lois forget in Tempus Fugitive by sending them back *before* they disappeared and not with some magic... I thought of rewriting it, but wondered if you could accept it the way it is? laugh That way, Tank gets a nod about the haircut wink and I really like Clark/Superman talking to each other, er themselves... If it seems too outside believability (we are talking about flying men and time travel, after all!), I'll consider changing it... what do you think?

And hope you will forgive me not giving 1993 Lois a revelation! Or will you come after me with pitchforks?! wildguy

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I think this version is fine. If you time-loop them too much, things are going to get more knotted! Clark remembers everything that happened to him in "And the Answer Is", so he will eventually know what all happened.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
That's cute that '93 Lois is jealous of whomever Clark may be married to.

How complicated?" she asked, her cheeks flaming. "I mean... there's nothing... unusual between the three of us, is there?"
This cracked me up!

I loved these lines:

Herb smiled kindly, "No. Because your love is destined, it doesn't matter *when* you fall in love. Just that you *do*. That's why Tempus won't win. He can't keep you two apart. Love will win out."
and

"But, you can't *force* your destiny, either. You have to let it happen naturally. Which is why, I'm afraid you have to forget that you are destined to marry Lois Lane."
With time travel, think of all the different pathways they could take to meet at the same end.

I loved Clark and Superman talking to each other. That was a good bit.

Joan

Top Banana
Top Banana
[I] wondered if you could accept it the way it is?
It worked for me.

LoL at her confusion regarding her relationship with Clark and Superman! dance

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
I have to admit that I was sad that 1993 Lois wasn't forced to cut her hair. I find it hard to believe that 1996 Lois spent all that time at the Planet and only Jimmy saw her 'haircut'.

You jettisoned the younger Lois rather quickly. One has to wonder where the older Lois is now and who she is displacing this time.

Tank (who says that wherever Lois is now he hopes that she can influence a proper haircut to the Lois of that time also)

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Yes, it worked for me too!

I too found it satisfying that Lois was jealous of Clark being married ... if she only knew that she is/was? jealous of herself laugh

smile

Merriwether
Merriwether
Apparently Wells has picked up magical whispering memory loss powers in the future, LOL. I was surprised that 93-Lois was returned home as quickly as she was, but it makes sense that 93-Clark would have to forget, too. And, of course, I liked how Lois was jealous of whoever Clark had married; I agree she would have been, even this early. Her heart knew they were destined for each other way before her brain did. smile

I wasn't expecting Tempus to kidnap 96-Lois again, either. I wonder where he's taken her this time? Clark and Wells to the rescue!

Kathy

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Was he married too? She felt a jealous pang and she didn't understand why. Why would she begrudge happiness to Clark?
laugh that's right, this is before even Linda King showed up. It's funny that Lois gets her first Clark-possessiveness about herself goofy

"What is Clark doing these days?" she asked.

That caught Clark's attention. He lost altitude for a second, but quickly gained equilibrium.

"What happened?" she asked, clinging more tightly to his neck.
Oops?

"Yeah. And why do we have a picture of me and Clark on *our* mantle?" she asked, her voice rising as she was starting to think in some ...interesting directions.

"Well, it's complicated," began Clark, using his favorite phrase when being elusive with Lois.

"How complicated?" she asked, her cheeks flaming. "I mean... there's nothing... unusual between the three of us, is there?"
hyper

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard