Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I was a little worried about switching Loises, as I wasn't sure if it was 'possible' in the sci-fi world of time travel. :p But in the previous feedback, some of you hinted you've read that before... so I guess I don't have to worry about you suspending your belief. laugh

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Merriwether
Merriwether
<<Jimmy?! He looks like a completely different person!>>
Bwa ha ha! laugh

"Go," she said simply, then blanched when she realized she had to play that she didn't know why he would get that look. "I mean, I got to *go* meet this source. I'll meet you back at the hotel?"
Yup, it's going to be tough not to give it away. Which is exactly what Tempus was counting on.

Clark stared at her a moment, his mouth slightly agape. It *was* Lois before him, but a Lois that he remembered from a few years ago. Her hair was long and she seemed wound as tight as ball of string.

"Lois, what happened? I brought in the tree and you seemingly disappeared and now, you're here, but you're---well, not quite you," he said, puzzled.
Clark seems a little slow on the uptake here. He apparently figures out immediately that it's a Lois from the past -- she could have gotten a haircut while he was gone, but she couldn't have made it grow several inches -- but he seems baffled by her responses that she's from three years ago.

Clark, er Superman, held up his wedding ring hand. He paused a moment, suddenly serious again. "This is our home. We're married," he said softly.
Well, there's a twist! Instead of telling her she's married to Clark, he tells her she's married to Superman. (Though given that she's already seen photos of Lois and Clark scattered around the apartment, she's probably going to wonder if she's having an affair or if they're having a threesome. lol )

I wonder why Superman is wearing his wedding ring in the first place, though. He takes it off when he puts on the suit and puts it back on when he spins back into Clark ... so why was he wearing it to show Lois?

Oh, and one amusing little typo:
"I'm afraid it's not impossible, Lois. Just bare with me a moment as I try to explain.
That should be "bear" with me ... though given what L&C were doing right before the Loises got switched, he was probably on his way home assuming they'd be "bare" within a few minutes. lol

Keep going; I can't wait to see what's going to happen next. smile

Kathy

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Well, there's a twist! Instead of telling her she's married to Clark, he tells her she's married to Superman. (Though given that she's already seen photos of Lois and Clark scattered around the apartment, she's probably going to wonder if she's having an affair or if they're having a threesome. [Lol] )

I wonder why Superman is wearing his wedding ring in the first place, though. He takes it off when he puts on the suit and puts it back on when he spins back into Clark ... so why was he wearing it to show Lois?
I didn't think about that with the ring! *doh!* I have to confess... I was not sure who LoisS1 should encounter--Clark or Superman. So I first wrote the scene with Clark. But then I thought it would be more fun for her to think she was married to Superman... hence the anomaly with the ring... I may change that just a bit so it's not on his finger before submitting it to the archives. And about the threesome: it has crossed my mind... wink you'll have to wait to find out if Lois jumps to that conclusion...

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
I love this line!

That cracked me up.

Love switching Lois - that will be fun to play with. That's a neat idea to have the future Lois return to their stake out in the honeymoon suite.

One minor question. Lois originally didn't remember anything about H.G.Wells, Tempus and Clark's true identity since she was returned before the adventure started. Can we assume Superman told her about it once they were married?

Joan

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Whoo-hoo, a time travel fic! I always love those. Please post more soon.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I, too, loved this:
"Nice haircut," Jimmy said to Lois as he whizzed by the two of them, heading on an errand.

I like him "whizzing by" too. I noticed "bare", but it works for me either way. Take credit for it, that's my motto. clap
Great story. Always looking for Christmas time travel.
Yes, I think it is better encountering Superman first in her own home, though she doesn't really realize it yet. As for the ring, maybe he was starting to change to Clark and put it on first?
I like the ring on Superman.
More soon!
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Ahh, so the two Loises have been switched and wasn't it just fun for Clark, er, Superman to tell 1993 Lois that they are married? rotflol Lois is gonna be so happy with that news .... until she finds out he is just Clark ...

Looking forward to the next instalment!

smile

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
ScifiJoan:
One minor question. Lois originally didn't remember anything about H.G.Wells, Tempus and Clark's true identity since she was returned before the adventure started. Can we assume Superman told her about it once they were married?
I took this Lois out of Season 4. In Season 3, 'Tempus, Anyone?' Lois knows who Tempus and HG Wells are still at the end of the episode. You're thinking about Season 2, Tempus Fugitive wink

S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Originally posted by mozartmaid:
ScifiJoan:
I took this Lois out of Season 4. In Season 3, 'Tempus, Anyone?' Lois knows who Tempus and HG Wells are still at the end of the episode. You're thinking about Season 2, Tempus Fugitive wink
That makes sense. I haven't gotten there yet. I just finished watching the last episode of season 2 a few minutes ago. My daughter and I are dying to watch the next episode (start of Season 3) but it may be a while before we have a chance!

Top Banana
Top Banana
I just noticed I never got around to giving feedback on this. I wanted to let you know I am reading and I am enjoying.

Pretty much my feedback is a great big DITTO to what everyone else said. I loved the line about Jimmy. And, oh boy, whatever possessed Clark to tell her she was married to Superman! hyper

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
Kerth
Nice set-up.

"Lois, what year was it this morning?" he began slowly.
thumbsup

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard