Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Woooooooooohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! You started posting! thumbsup

“Haven’t you noticed? Clark’s in love with her!”

“He is?”

“Head over heels!” Martha informed him.

“Well, why hasn’t he done anything about it?”
LOL! I love Jonathan's cluelessness. He sounds just like his son. Lunkhead all the way through! And Martha is really diabolical! I love her plan, but it sounds like she's going to make a mess in Lois's mind, which is always fun. wink

“He’s met the right woman. He’s in love, Lois - but he doesn’t seem to have the faintest idea what to do about it!”
Oooooh... so, Lois, jealous already? Or do you need the use of my faithful two by four to make you see the light? Poor Lois, though! You're going to drive her crazy. If she doesn't get sick with jealousy, then at least she'll spend more time with Clark, and that's bound to plant some ideas in her mind in time. Right?

His hair was getting long and straggly again; a decent cut from a good barber would work wonders.
Wendy... have you been spending too much time with a certain evil writer lately? *frown* All right, cutting Clark's hair isn't too bad. But careful that those scissors don't get close to Lois's hair, you hear? Or else I'd have to cut your head, and that would be messy.

His shirts frequently clashed with his jackets, and his ties clashed with everything.
rotflol

I can't wait to see Lois drag Clark into clothes shops and make him try on things. She's probably going to ignore his growls of protests if she forces him into something he would never have thought of wearing! And bring him piles of clothes to try on before he's through with the one shirt he'd picked at first. laugh Um... for El's sake, will you get Clark to try on a wedding dress and a hat? wink

More soon!

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wow, Wendy! Wow, wow, wow, wow, wow!

See what you've reduced me to? Incoherency [is that a word? wink ]

Kaethel captured just what I wanted to say, down to that horrible insinuation about Lois's hair...since when have you crossed over, huh? laugh

Clark is sure going to be ticked when he figures out Martha had a hand in this... then again, depends on the timing, I suppose. If it gets out at the wedding reception, it'll probably be okay... wink

Now, next part, please! wildguy wildguy

Sara jump

Death: Easy, Bill. You'll give yourself a heart attack and ruin my vacation.

Meet Joe Black
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Great Wendy,

I'd been toying with a similar idea that takes place a little later -- Martha & Lois going out for dessert after CoS -- Let the men stay home and do the dishes thing while the women went out.

But I love what you're doing. It's wonderful. Can't wait to see where you take us.

Barb.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh, boy! I have the feeling we're in for a great ride on this one smile smile

Poor Clark! Between his mom's meddling
“And now he’s in love with Lois, you think,” Jonathan mused. “I knew he liked her...”

“Oh, he loves her.” Martha smiled warmly. “He just needs some help to do something about it. You know,” she added thoughtfully, “maybe we should delay going back to Smallville another day - do you think Wayne would mind? I’d like to meet Lois for lunch...”
And then Lois's idea of his perfect woman:
Without any intention of doing so, Lois began to picture just what the object of Clark’s attention might look like.

Blonde, without a doubt. Her partner definitely had a thing for blondes. In the very first week she’d known him, he’d flirted, and more, with Cat Grant, who was sort of auburn-ish blonde - although she probably didn’t really count, since if her hair colour was natural then Lois was Marilyn Monroe!
Poor guy doesn't stand a chance. Can't wait to see how Lois city-fies our favorite farm-boy.

Great start. You've got me totally hooked. Can't wait to see what happens next.
thumbsup

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
Great premise, Wendy! Martha and Jonathan are so in character -- Jonathan sort of clueless, Martha knowing her son better than he knows himself. I love Lois's opinion of Clark's perfect woman laugh . Can't wait to see what happens next laugh .

- Laura laugh

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
Kerth
Kerth
Yay!!! I think I've heard of this wink

What have you hidden for us? wink

More soon!! smile1

Jose wave

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Beyond her? Naah. Nothing was beyond Lois Lane. If she set herself a challenge, she would accomplish it.

She could transform Clark into a smart, well-dressed and sophisticated guy. No problem!
Well, Lois, Clark's clothes are just the beginning. It was a pity that Clark told you that the Nigerian princess learned him to dance - that would be a challenge! But there are other things, like learning to flirt by you...

And then when a woman said anything flirtatious anywhere around him, he’d get a look reminiscent of the proverbial deer in the headlights. It was very cliched, but that was exactly how Clark looked at times.

A sophisticated, intelligent and cultured man about town just didn’t show his naivety like that.
And Lois, don't forget to teach Clark how to impress a woman during first date.

Gabriele
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yay! New Wendy fic!

And it has a wonderful start. The conversation between Martha and Jonathan is great. It shows Martha's perceptiveness and Jonathan's cluelessness very well. And I had to laugh during the lunch with Martha and Lois. I could just picture Martha being a bit subtle and Lois not wanting to talk about it, but she's jealous after all.

I'm looking forward to more of this, so get your muse in gear! smile

Just one question, so I know in advance, can I expect some whams? Even some tiny small ones? (just hoping laugh )

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
K
Blogger
Blogger
K
Great oogly moogly, laugh this has a great start and I can't wait to read the rest. I love your writing style and look forward to seeing the next installment.

Kelly

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wendy -- YAY!!!!! smile1 )

"Well, let's see, so far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, treated as your girlfriend, and I insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this. Mmm, mmm." -- Lois to Clark, 'Green, Green Glow of Home'
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Interesting beginning.

Lots of possibilities here. Looking forward to seeing what direction you decide to take this in.

Tank (who wonders whose cluelessness will break first)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Interesting start Wendy. I am looking forward to where it will head. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
T
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
T
Wendy

WOW! A wonderful premise! thumbsup

I love Martha and Jonathan's conversation. Their characterizations are great. clap

I can't wait to see where this is headed. jump
Please post the next part soon.

Tricia cool

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Speaking as one of the IRC nagging crew, you're welcome! laugh

This promises to be a very very fun ride, and I do wonder at what point Clark might clue in... and making Lois jealous is an excellent way to direct her attention in the proper direction. Write more, post more!

PJ smile1

p.s. Barb, you have to write your idea, too! Second season is a whole 'nother ball of wax...

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
About cutting Clark's hair - how will *that* succeed? And what excuse will the poor quy find if Lois has already ordered time fior him with the barber?

Gabriele
Merriwether
Merriwether
Yay, you're finally ready to post this one! I think I'll actually try reading in segments -- now don't you go AWOL on me and make me regret my decision! goofy

“Haven’t you noticed? Clark’s in love with her!”

“He is?”

“Head over heels!” Martha informed him.

“Well, why hasn’t he done anything about it?”

Martha sighed. “Because he’s Clark.
LOL, now that's a classic conversation!

Why on earth would she think that Lois Lane would have any interest in discussing Clark Kent’s love life with her?
Gee, Lois, you think maybe because you go around the bend every time a pretty woman even glances Clark's way? Do the names Antoinette Bains, Cat Grant and Toni Taylor mean anything to you? I'd think you'd be salivating at this opportunity. wink

“I’m sure he’s fine,” she replied bracingly. “When he meets the right woman, he’ll have no problem.”

“Well, that’s just it,” Martha said instantly, in a confiding tone. “He has. And he does.”
Ah, Martha ... and Lois thinks she's a pro at manipulation. You've got her right where you want her. wink

His shirts frequently clashed with his jackets, and his ties clashed with everything.
Hey, I like his ties! LOL!

She could transform Clark into a smart, well-dressed and sophisticated guy. No problem!
Watch out, Clark! It's like "What Not To Wear", "Date Patrol" and "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" all rolled into one story! LOL! (Though maybe that should be "Straight Eye for the Gorgeous Guy" in this context. wink )

Great start, Wendy ... I'm looking forward to part 2!

Kathy (who clearly watches way too much TLC for her own good goofy )

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wendy, I think it will be a lot of fun to watch Lois trying to give Clark a makeover. Kind of Pygmalion in reverse -- except that Clark is hardly as clueless as Eliza! goofy

I must confess that I found the Martha/Lois conversation a bit forced. I do enjoy the women having heart-to-hearts later in their relationship, but this seemed a bit much to me. No one else seemed to mind, though, so it's not all that important. smile

I will stick up for Jonathan, though! He's my favorite secondary character and I don't think he's half as clueless as you show him here. I *do* think he is perfectly capable of playing straight man to Martha's enthusiasm, but you portray him here as needing a two-by-four to get the basics!

Still, the Martha/Jonathan interaction, as well as the Martha/Lois conversation, was just setup for the real story. So I'll sit back and enjoy this, whenever you post. Goodness knows *I'm* erratic enough not to complain about anyone else's behavior in that respect! laugh

Hazel, who looks forward to MORE!

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
Features Writer
Features Writer
Wendy
great beginning
I too can't wait to see where you go from here
more soon
merry

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
YAY!!! Another Wendy story!!

This was a fantastic start! What a combination of characters: poor clueless Clark, plotting Martha and Lois on a mission!

Should be a great ride!!!!

More soon!!!

Missy

Top Banana
Top Banana
This is my favorite thing about Wendy Richards, author. The premise. Always a really great hook.

And I appreciate the bit about 'the phone call.' It makes such perfect sense that his parents would start anticipating these after a certain amount of time. That is would be easier for Clark to tell them this way, rather than in person.

I do have to side with Hazel on the Jonathan Kent thing. I know there is no "right or wrong" characterization, it's all interpretive. But I like the idea of him being wise, though silent. Mostly because Martha does the talking and not because he's clueless.

Take that with a grain of salt, Wendy. I am looking forward to the twists and turns that are no doubt ahead.

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard