Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Artemis Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
The arrow isn't visible on Ch. 16 of "Nighttime in the Daytime" since I added some pictures to the end, so I think folcs are missing it. Anyway, I got this elusive chapter done and we are nearing the end! Thoughts, anyone?
regards
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ooh, update! smile1

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Artemis Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks for the feedback, Michael. As to this:
Hmm, sounds an awful lot like wrongful termination or something like that to me. They might be able to offer him or early retirement with a hefty pension but surely they can't pull a two weeks notice on him.
Actually, in a high clearance job like Clark had, they can. You sign a paper to that effect. They can yank your clearance in a heartbeat and in essence, you have no job to do. They'll pay him two weeks severance, but that's it. He doesn't have enough years to get retirement. The government is really stingy about that.

I'm glad you enjoyed Lois' sales pitch to Perry. That was my Saturday morning inspiration.

Now off to catch bad guys!
regards
Artemis

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Thanks for this part, Artemis! I've finally read it, and I much enjoyed it. I really like all the scientific talk, and I love the fact that Clark made the Nightfall fragment fall into an already existing meteor crater on Earth!

Let me point out that Clark could not have turned the falling fragment back and away from the Earth even if he himself had been strong enough, because the fragment itself would not have been sturdy enough to take the enormous forces acting on it. So Clark really did the only thing he could do in order to save the Earth.

Well, I love that Clark got a job at the Planet! smile1 And I generally loved seeing Lois and Clark together. Looking forward to more!

Ann

Artemis Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
This is to let you all know I'm working on the next part now and I changed the second and third paragraphs in Chapter 16 to try to clarify why both parts of Nightfall are closer to Earth and Superman has to go save Albuquerque. The change is:
"As he accelerated out of Earth’s gravity well, his conscious time slowed to ‘Clark time’ and he could see the details of the two asteroids ahead. Pete had brought him up to date on the trajectories the two bodies were now taking. After the nuclear explosion on Nightfall following his successful diversion of it, the trajectories had changed wildly, orbiting the Earth in different directions and at a faster rate. Strangely, in the hours his memory had been incapacitated and he had been unable to help at all, the pieces had settled into orbits that were now closer to Earth and both pieces were together at this time. Now and only now was the time to take action.

After all, Superman told himself, he had dealt with the big remnant of Nightfall before and he could do it again. It should be easier to deal with Nightfall A, since it was now smaller and consequently had less momentum. In the airless, almost gravity less world of space at this altitude, he intended to push it on the side again, increasing the speed of rotation."

I'm working on finishing this up soon.
regards
Artemis

Artemis Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Ch. 16.5 is now posted on the dark side. There will be a 16.5 here too as soon as I do some sanitizing and more A plot.
cool
Artemis

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard