OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
All feedback welcomed.

Joy,
Lynn

Top Banana
Top Banana
Very clever explanation for the time change, Lynn. And loved the kids names! So cute! P.J. wouldn't happen to stand for Perry Jimmy, would it? wink

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This was cute! clap

~•~
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Very cute indeed and I enjoyed it a lot clap

Top Banana
Top Banana
A nice read, Lynn smile
and, I think it fits the challenge criteria very well. smile Your story has a touch of magic to it, can't explain why, but it struck me that way. Oddly, when I set the challenge, I was thinking there could be a Mxy angle.... laugh

carol

Kerth
Kerth
Nice!

I loved that Clark listened to the story while dealing with the bank robbers. A man who can multi-task! That could be his most amazing power!

L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Thanks all for your feedback!

MozartMaid, ya got me! I had actually been thinking that Jimmy would have become "James" by this point in his life, and "P.J." does indeed stand for "Perry James".

Mary and DW, glad you liked it. I had fun writing it. I enjoy 'cute'. And I'm a sucker for the oral mode of storytelling. It's no coincidence that this is the second bedtime story I've posted here. I am saddened that the oral tradition of storytelling has pretty much been reduced to bedtime stories in the U.S.. (Well, there are campfire stories, too. But most of us hear and tell bedtime stories far more often than campfire ones.)

Carol, thanks for coming up with this challenge. I'm glad you think that my story does fit what you had in mind -- Mxyzptlk and all. (You know you're an L&C fan -- or at least a Superman fan -- when you can spell the imp's name correctly without having to look it up! wink )

Corrina, glad you liked it. smile re: Clark's multitasking... Um, no comment, at least not here.

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wonderful story. Glad Elisabeth pointed it out to me.

Love the little twist at the end.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard