Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#74861 10/27/10 01:30 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Preview of 67

Henderson walked out of the hospital room and paused a moment to savour the sanity and normalcy of the corridor. His interview with Mayson had felt like a sandstorm in a desert - murky, disorientating, and very uncomfortable.

Was there *any* reality in what Mayson had concocted?

If there was, it was going to be close to impossible to discern the scraps of truth from the jumbled riot of a broken mind.

Lex Luthor is Superman?

Clark Kent had an affair with Ultra Woman?

Henderson shook his head to try to clear the debris from his mind.
Thanks. Two parts to go.

Corrina.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
AAACK! rotflol shock spider
The best line:
None of it mattered. Not anymore.
Wonderful part. Looking forward to the wrap-up.

cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yikes!

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful part.

Framework4
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
An unbelievably awesome tale. Mayson is off. her. rocker.

goofy
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
oh another fantastic chapter. Mayson is just so... annoying, hahaha. Can't wait to read the next part!

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oooooh! That was quite a talk Henderson had with Mayson. It makes one "almost" feel sorry for her! eek She has some major brain damage going on, and by the sound of that last line, it sounds like she may forget everything she just told Henderson, as well. She just lost all credibility, and I am just so glad that Clark and Lois now seem to be safe from her. clap

Lex is Superman-- Really!! I always wondered about that --- not, of course. wink

EvelynC
Top Banana
Top Banana
I loved the section with Mayson. Now, I don’t know where you plan to go with this but for me this whole scene felt like déjà-vu.

About 15 years ago I got very sick for a few weeks. Unfortunately for me, it was subtle enough that I kept trying to go to work. After about a week or so, I reached the point of collapse. I avoided the hospital but I was in bed for about another week. When I finally recovered, I realized that for that last week at work I hadn’t done anything useful I did little more than come to work, sit in my chair and stare at my computer all day. The problem was that I was so mentally out-of-it that I had no idea I wasn’t getting anything accomplished. I honestly thought I was working pretty much as normal.

Mayson has been seriously injured. However, as a consequence of her injury, she’s not capable of understanding how irrational she sounds. When (if?) she recovers, she might be able to understand how insane her story sounds. For now, she just can’t see it. She thinks she’s just as much on-her-game as ever.

I loved this chapter. It was fun, but it was also very sad. For the first time I feel a kinship for Mayson.

Well done!

Bob

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Ultra Woman, in disguise, stealing the green rock from Mayson's apartment. Ha! How ludicrous!

laugh

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
"That Lex Luthor is Superman."
Firstly, eeewww and secondly, rotflol

Mayson is so going to the looney bin, right? Her whole reasoning is aptly insane and ludicrous and so irrational, but you wrote her "reasoning" so very well!

So, Seb is moving to Melbourne?!? Any significance for the turret?

Looking forward to the next part!

smile

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
While her conclusions are all way off sh is showing that her instincts are good. She has spotted things that are off just put them all together wrong.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Whoa, whatever Mayson's been taking, I don't think I want some smile1

"Who do you know who lives *here*?" she asked Seb.
Hmm... Seb?

This time, her 'story' read more like the unhinged plot of a trashy paperback than something that belonged in any creditable newspaper.
Well, LL=UW, LL=Boss, those certainly could be considered trashy novel stuff. Or not.

... That Superman had caused the damage to the pipes that had resulted in the gas leaks.
What?
... That Lex Luthor had used prior knowledge of the gas leaks as the means of getting Mayson out of her apartment.
Okay, she's not totally off her rocker.
... That Superman had planted the bomb in Mayson's apartment.
Or not.
"Because he knew that I had a piece of the green rock, and he figured that I wouldn't take it with me to an emergency involving Superman - so it was most likely that it would be in my apartment. He needed me out of the way so he could send someone to steal the green rock from me."

"You believe that the vandalism to the pipes - which could have resulted in a major disaster - was merely about getting you out of your apartment?" Henderson asked, trying to keep the scepticism from sounding in his question
Now, that's...

Mayson smiled coyly. "I have dated Superman," she boasted. "Perhaps he is considering dumping his unfaithful wife and replacing her with me."
Ooo-kay. Now she's lost it into delusional. Next, she's going to suggest Lex is Superman evil

You know, I have no idea how much of that is Mayson just going completely bonkers from natural causes like a really bad case of paranoids schizophrenia and how much is related to her having serious brain damage from the explosion.

Oh-boy.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Ok, amost there. After such an amazing ride, it's hard to believe that the end is so near. I'll say it again later on, but... I'm going to miss Aussie rules! And I'm going to miss looking forward to every new part and checking the mbs after work, or while away on a trip, or on vacation or wherever... just to see if you'd posted a new part and to read the preview of the next one.

But before I go all soft on you and your story, back on track and onto 66:

Seb shrugged. "I voted 'no'," he said, as if telling her something she already knew.

Lois's head jolted towards him. "What?"
What is right. I did not see that coming.

... That Superman had caused the damage to the pipes that had resulted in the gas leaks.

... That Lex Luthor had used prior knowledge of the gas leaks as the means of getting Mayson out of her apartment.

... That Superman had planted the bomb in Mayson's apartment.
No wonder Henderson has trouble believing it. Kinda sad to see how messed up Mayson is after the explosion. But, like I said before, just kinda... I don't seem to be able to feel sympathy: you've made her too evil!

"That Lex Luthor is Superman."
Say what?!?! How the heck did she come to that? Just what did the explosion do to her brain? Poor girl... (still no sympathy... I mean, even in her condition, her evilness keeps surfacing! dizzy )

Only two to go... and I'm torn between wanting to read on and wanting the story to keep going. Would you reconsider a sequel?

Cris
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Time to catch up on some FDK-FDK!

Artemis Yep, Mayson is twisted. She tried to twist everyone else, and it came back on her.

Laura laugh

Framework Glad you liked it.

Jen Yeah, she is. But it was fun to write.

bellarase Thanks, Mayson is :rolleyes:

Evelyn I think Mayson will *try* to remember how all the parts fit together, but she won't be able to!

Bob With regards to Mayson (*not* related to your story!), I think that if people constantly play with the truth and use their mind to plot and manipulate others, there's a very good chance that they will end up confused. I used the bomb to accelerate the process (and put it beyond doubt), but Mayson was on a slipperly slope before that.

Regarding feeling sorry for her ... I tried to leave that open. Some readers might feel sorry for her, others not.

Amy I had fun weaving truth, half-truth, and complete fabrication into Mayson's story!

DW Lots of significance in the turret!

I'm glad that Mayson's reasoning seemed reasonable ... sort of!

dcarson Mayson was a top reporter - she had the skills, she just chose to use them badly.

Michael

You know, I have no idea how much of that is Mayson just going completely bonkers from natural causes like a really bad case of paranoids schizophrenia and how much is related to her having serious brain damage from the explosion.
A combination of both?? laugh

Cristina In the interests of achieving some balance, I wanted Seb to be pro-merger. However, in the end, he needed to come over to the good side!

A huge THANK YOU to everyone for your FDK. Sorry it took me awhile to respond. I've been writing!!

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard