Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#74796 10/25/10 01:46 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Preview of 66

Bill Henderson paused in the hospital corridor and skimmed the paper Perry White had given him.

Either Mayson was brilliant ... or she was delusional.

Her allegations were unequivocal ... and mind-blowing.

Less clear was how she had arrived at these allegations.

And that was going to be the tricky part.
Thanks!

Corrina.

R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
I am really enjoying this story. I apologize for not commenting much at all.

It will be interesting to see how this all resolves itself.

Kathy
www.chili-everyway.com

robinson
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I can't wait to see how this resolves, but will miss the regular installments

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, the dilemmas! And what is Seb's surprise?
more soon!
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Where is Seb taking Lois? Now you got me all curious ...

Looking forward to more!

And good for Lois for only putting a two year limit on staying in Melbourne (although I'm sure that will feel like forever at times, but time does fly these days)

smile

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
oh what ever does Seb want?
This story is amazing. I am enjoying it sooo much! Thank you again for taking the time to share this wonderful tale with us. I will never be able to 'hear' anything about Australia without thinking of this story. smile1

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Is it too much to ask to have Mayson's story expose Luthor, not Superman? Hopefully not.

Perhaps now Mayson will get the help she needs.

As for L and C, I'm hoping Seb's surprise will cheer up the both of them.

Looking forward to the wedding.

"Women frustrate men because they're too complicated. Men frustrate women because they're not complicated enough."
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I couldn't help but grin at Lois's battle between comfy snuggling and not so comfy... well... not snuggling laugh And then Clark comes along and veers off in a 90° angle with the party clap

It *couldn't* be true.

It had to be the product of a damaged and confused mind. They had already established that Mayson's memory was unreliable and her thinking befuddled.

This couldn't be true.

But ...

Perry picked up the phone and called Bill Henderson.
Hmm... It sounds like she's only hanging out Luthor to dry, but I'm thinking she's written all of it except CK=SM.

"No," Seb replied. "Just come with me. There'll be time for coffee later."
And what is Seb so giddy about? It might be something Hawthorn but I'll go with the left field and spider for having to wait another two days to find out!

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Kathy Thanks for letting me know you're still reading. Glad you're enjoying.

Joy You'll miss it? Wow, thanks. I admit, I'm sort of over it. blush But then I've written almost nothing but AR since March.

Artemis Seb has a few surprises!

DW

And good for Lois for only putting a two year limit on staying in Melbourne (although I'm sure that will feel like forever at times, but time does fly these days)
So does Superman - which is even more helpful!

bellarase I'm glad this story has brought a little bit of Australia to you. You should visit! Come between April and August and see the mighty Hawks play. laugh

QofA Mayson's story sort of exposed both Luthor and Superman!

Michael

Hmm... It sounds like she's only hanging out Luthor to dry, but I'm thinking she's written all of it except CK=SM.
Uhhmmm ... not quite!

Thanks so much for the FDK. Part 66 is up!

Corrina.

Beat Reporter
Online Content
Beat Reporter
I've just found out how hard it is to leave fdk when you already know what happens next...

He was hoping for time - time to get his emotions under control before she had the opportunity to probe them too deeply.
Why doesn't Lois just force the conversation on him? She knows he's disappointed (not about the fact that Hawthorne survived, but because that means she's staying in Melbourne), why not let him know? And tell him that it doesn't change a thing (except that they're going to have to mantain the special 'logistics' of their relationship a little while longer).

Chris turned to Lois with a euphoric grin. "Now I understand why no Hawthorn player could compete for *your* attention," she said.
And that said without knowing that he moonlights in tights! laugh

"Perhaps in some ways Metropolis for me is like Hawthorn for you. After so many years of drifting around, I found a home there. I became Superman. It's something I believe in. It's more than the job ... it's a part of me. I'm a part of it ... a part of the people there ... a part of the future."
Ok, so I might be a little off here, but his comparison of Hawthorne and Metropolis seems uneven and a little unfair. I know it won't be a point, but as Lois a few parts back broought up, he still asumes she should move and that her ties to Melbourne are not as strong as his to Metropolis. And -Superman aside- I don't think that is the case. So he's not really considering moving to Australia, while she is only saying that she can't move to the States just yet.

Browny hesitated, huffed, and then his eyes levelled in hers. "I want your word that it will be no more than two years," he said. "It's not fair on Rubber to make him wait any longer than that."
Is it me, or Browny also assumes that she is the one who has to move?

That said, I love how you've created your own Australian Perry White without it actually feeling like it's Perry talking. Same attitude, same kind of relationship with Lois, but still somehow different. Must be the accent :p

"Lois." His blue eyes softened. "Come with me," he cajoled. "Please. There is something I want to show you."
And just what exactly is Seb up to?!?!

Cris
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
I've just found out how hard it is to leave fdk when you already know what happens next...
It's also hard to FDK-FDK when you know what's coming!

From 64 ... re cutting off Lois just as she was about to tell Clark about the wedding. I wasn't trying to be evil as such, I just didn't want to explain what would happen, and then have to find fresh ways to describe the wedding when it actually happened.

Why doesn't Lois just force the conversation on him?
Because, at that point, she didn't have any ideas for how to achieve what they both wanted. She was still emotionally wrung-out from the meeting - it's generally not a good idea to force communication on someone when emotions are already running high.

Ok, so I might be a little off here, but his comparison of Hawthorne and Metropolis seems uneven and a little unfair. I know it won't be a point, but as Lois a few parts back broought up, he still asumes she should move and that her ties to Melbourne are not as strong as his to Metropolis. And -Superman aside- I don't think that is the case. So he's not really considering moving to Australia, while she is only saying that she can't move to the States just yet.
You're not off ... but their thought patterns are a little (deliberately so). When two people are trying to make a big decision that will affect both of them, the path isn't usually straight or logical. One person might say something one day, and be more unsure of their feelings the next. Clark has just witnessed Lois and her ties to Hawthorn - perhaps he's feeling a bit homesick. Perhaps in seeing all she would have to give up in order to move to Metropolis, he's also realising that he would have to give up a lot if he moved to Melbourne ... and by extension, he's suddenly not sure he wants to do that.

Thanks for the thoughts re Perry and Browny. At times, I wondered if I got them too close.

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard