Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Thoughts?

To prove that I have actually written the final part, here's a little teaser:

Lois reveled in the feel of Clark’s arms around her as the music enveloped them. She had enjoyed such a wonderful day. Her plan to discredit Martin Snell had worked to perfection, thus ensuring the safety of her uncle. Plus, she and Clark had come to the gala together, his gentle attentiveness offering her hope for the future. It felt so wonderful to be snuggled up against her devastatingly handsome partner. Perhaps, she had misjudged him. Maybe those kisses they shared had meant something to him after all.

“May I cut in?”

"Women frustrate men because they're too complicated. Men frustrate women because they're not complicated enough."
Top Banana
Top Banana
Just read part 1 & 2 back to back! Oooh! This is good!! It makes the dialogue so much stronger with the fact that they ACTUALLY kissed!

Lois’ uncle was in trouble, and he was wasting valuable time. Right now, he had to concentrate on saving one of the few people who had shown Lois unconditional love. Whether Mike knew it or not, Superman was indebted to him. That repayment would begin tonight.
This is such a sweet reason for Clark wanting to help Lois' uncle! Love it!

Thanks for proving you wrote the end! LOL
Hope you post it soon!!! hyper

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Merriwether
Merriwether
I just read both parts for the first time -- I like!

“You’re in love with her, aren’t you son?” a voice interjected.

Clark looked up in surprise. “Is it that obvious?”

Putting his arm around Clark, Mike told him, “I’m afraid so. Come on in, and I’ll fix you some dinner.”
Aww, poor Clark. And go, Mike! I always liked Mike Lane; it was a shame we didn't see him again. He was so ... normal. And a really good guy. I'm glad he's on Clark's side in this one. smile

A great two parts -- I'm looking forward to the conclusion. smile

Kathy

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Yes, a great two parts - I also read both of them together.

Looking forward to the conclusion!

smile

Blogger
Blogger
I'm glad you posted a link so we can also read the first part of the story.

My favorite quote in the first part is...
“You keep making mistakes, Clark, and I can’t let you do that anymore.”

“Let me?” he asked, astonished at her gall.

She turned suddenly and looked him straight in the eye. “The only woman you should be kissing, Clark Kent, is me!”
I always love it when Lois realizes that and then acts upon it. It not only stuns herself afterwards but also poor Clark. But its a good way of getting it out in the open. Though I do wish Clark could just say... I'm going to save your Uncle bc I'm Superman! *always wishful thinking*

Second part was great too! You could really feel Lois's feelings of trepidation and unease. Just wish she could show a crack in her armor every now and then and realize that Clark really does love her. But once burned twice shy.. and Lois has been burned many times over.

Can't wait for the next one to be posted!!! hyper soon? grovel

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Wonderful! Consider this some encouragement to post part three soon. I'll be waiting. smile

Joy,
Lynn

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks for the link to the first part. Glad to see you're back and resolving the issues blush

I guess I shouldn't be surprised at Lois's 180 but then we would only get half a story if she actually plowed ahead with another kiss and had ignored Mayson's existence the next day otherwise laugh

Wonder how big a hole they're going to dig before the truth comes out. The preview does sound like it's going to spin on for a couple of pages more devil

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Part three will be posted shortly. In the meantime, thanks to all of you for offering the gift of feedback!

mozartmaid: I changed the dialogue up quite a bit to suit my purposes, but I tried to stay within the spirit of the episode. I always thought it would be fun to see what would have happened if Lois had acted upon her jealousy. As for his motivation, Clark has always been one to protect the ones he cares about...the fact that Mike has taken care of Lois gives Clark all the reason he needs to help out. Thank you so much for taking the time to respond.

KathyB: I agree with you. I loved the fact that Lois had at least one caring adult in her life. I, too, wish that he had appeared in more episodes. I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed parts 1 and 2. Thanks so much for taking the time to respond.

DW: Thanks for letting me know that you have enjoyed reading the story. I greatly appreciate the feedback, and I hope you enjoy the conclusion.

Plain Jane: Thank you so much for your thoughtful comments. I loved the idea of having Lois act on her personal feelings for once. She is so bold in her professional life, but we rarely see that in her personal life. Clark could have made it easier for her if he had just told her the truth, but he will make it up to her. In the meantime, though, they are both dealing with the shock of that kiss. I'm glad that part two seemed to faithfully convey Lois' fears and anxieties. Thanks again for commenting.

Lynn S. M.: Part three is coming in just a few minutes. Thanks so much for the encouragement. I'm glad that you have enjoyed the story.

Darth Michael: It's an evil plot device, I know. But, it does allow them to really explore their relationship in a way that a quick resolution would not. Thanks so much for commenting!

"Women frustrate men because they're too complicated. Men frustrate women because they're not complicated enough."

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard