Next Thread
Print Thread
D
Deja Vu Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
D
Looks like we've got a different villain to worry about than Alexander, huh? A few things this story abounds in: secret identities and backstabbing.

Next chapter is "Do Not Go Gentle with That Good Knight." laugh

Blogger
Blogger
I suspected Tempos taking over the crown, however, I did not see it coming so early or his involvement with the Imp. Does this mean that Tempos is privy to Loisette's magic clothes bc the Imp gave them to her?

Hope someone warns Peri he is the next one in trouble.

Poor James, why must Loisette keep bringing up his parents. She really should cut him a break.

After watching him for a moment, she turned her eyes to his sword, which was in its sheath on the floor beside him. Her forehead crinkled in a frown. And then she smiled to herself. Maybe things weren’t so bad after all.
Dun.. Dun.. Dun... the Black Knight should have known better goofy

Looking forward to the next part hyper , seems the Black Knight is in for some trouble!

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
'How to Break a Bond': First thought was the Soul-Mate bond. Second was that maybe Loisette finds out she likes bondage games. But the likely meaning is that it's about Loisette's bonds and how she gets out of them clap

How are you going to wrap this up in a mere 6 parts plus epilogue? confused More! More! More! Please? blush grovel

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Merriwether
Merriwether
“I intend to be the one to marry your bride and become king,” Tempos informed him matter-of-factly. “It’s such a shame that the Black Knight snuck in here to kill you while everyone was busy. You’d think he would have better manners than to crash a party.”
Ah ha! So that's how you brought it back to Baron Tempos wanting to marry Lady Loisette! I love how this is an alt-verse to the Soul Mates universe we saw on the show. The royal titles are different (and the Black Knight stands in for the Fox), but there is enough similar that I'm content seeing it that way. Fun!

(And c'mon, who can't appreciate Lex getting stabbed in the heart? wink )

“You’re right, Imp,” Tempos said as they left the room. “There’s one other thing we need to do. We need to send someone to find Peregrine the White . . . and tell him he’s fired. The Mystical Sorcerer’s back in town.”
Ah, so the Imp was the Mythical Sorcerer! I was wondering about that.

But there was one thing that was confusing her--the bird with the Black Knight . . . was he *James*? And if so, what was *he* doing with the Black Knight? There were so many things that didn’t make sense to her. She wanted answers, but she couldn’t even speak to ask them thanks to the cloth stuffed in her mouth.
I'm glad James is there ... maybe this will help convince her the Black Knight is one of the good guys.

One point of confusion, though ... why does Loisette need to have the gag out to talk to James? I thought she communicated with animals telepathically. How would the gag impede that?

It wouldn’t be easy--or comfortable--to sleep in his armor, but he wasn’t about to reveal his identity to the princess.
Clark, you lunkhead! This is exactly the time to reveal your identity! Once she knows who you are, she'll believe your story! wallbash

“**No,” the Peregrine Falcon answered firmly. “He’s not one of the bad guys. Neither am I.**”
Yay! I knew James would be helpful!

Of course, the Princess has been fairly lunkheaded herself during this story, so I'm not counting any chickens yet as far as her not doing something stupid like refusing to accept that she'd misjudged him. :rolleyes:

She looked at the Black Knight. The steady rise and fall of his armored chest seemed to indicate he was asleep. After watching him for a moment, she turned her eyes to his sword, which was in its sheath on the floor beside him. Her forehead crinkled in a frown. And then she smiled to herself. Maybe things weren’t so bad after all.
Oh! Oh, oh! Could that mean what I think it means? Could Loisette have finally given up lunkheadedness once and for all and actually recognize the sword as the one Clarkent used to save her from the Garms??

Come on, Chapter 32!

Kathy

D
Deja Vu Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
D
Plain Jane-- Heh, well, Loisette just wants to get James back on good terms with his folks. smile And yeah...the Black Knight should have known better!

Michael-- LOL about your bond speculation. And as for Imp, well, let's just say there were probably reasons he didn't keep his job as court magician. laugh

It all gets wrapped up by some big things happening rather fast. laugh

Kathy-- Yeah, I definitely had my influences from "Soul Mates" with this--but I'm mixing bits of it with bits of my own!

And I did have fun with Lex getting stabbed in the heart, I must admit. Hehehe. laugh

In regard to Loisette's animal communication, it is almost like a mixture of telepathy with speaking--like, she has to concentrate, but she talks, and the magic sort of converts it into something that makes sense to the animal she speaks to. *scratches head* Something like that.

Hahaha. Well, I don't know if I'd say that Loisette has given up lunkheadedness...but I think you might be pleased by the next chapter. Or not. wink Heh heh. We'll see, I guess!

-------------------------------------------------------

Many thanks for the feedback!!
Deja Vu

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard