Beat Reporter
D
Next chapter is...

"Kidnapped."

Dun dun dun!

laugh

Blogger
Blogger
I was waiting for Loisette to recognize Clarkent when they danced together. Maybe compare it to when Gawain taught Clarkent to dance?

I love how the whole ballroom party came together but was sad when Clarkent's bubble of happiness bursts right before he's supposed to see her later as stable boy Clarkent. Good thing the Princess kept her eye on him after they danced and was able to find the Pegasus necklace.

Based on the title of the next chapter... will Clarkent be able to see Loisette after the ball but before she is kidnapped? Will the Black Knight rescue her? More importantly, Will she accept his help? (after all, in her mind he's the bad guy) Will he reveal himself?

*Waiting on the edge of my seat* notworthy

Merriwether
Merriwether
Ohhh, bittersweet chapter! I really felt pulled in with your descriptions of the ball. I love that Lois essentially dismissed Alexander, not only by refusing his dress by also by refusing to apologize for refusing his dress! I had been assuming that she would be somehow encouraged to marry him, but I'm less certain now ... she's not indifferent to him; she truly dislikes him, and that's great!

But Clarkent's disappointment at the end of the evening was palatable ... I could feel him crashing back to earth after his dance. He shouldn't have thrown the necklace away, but I'm glad that Loisette saw him drop it and that she picked it up.

So she's seen the Black Knight with only his eyes (and mouth?) visible, and now she's seen her mysterious dance partner the same way ... will she put them both together with her favorite stableboy when she sees him tonight? Perhaps if he favors his injured side again in front of her? Hoping, hoping, hoping! love

Kathy

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Alexander sure is the consummate control freak. So glad that they didn't show up as the red-gold couple.

The lost necklace actually reminded me of the gender-switched Cinderella shoe with Loisette now trying to find the knight who lost the necklace laugh

I can't wait to finding out how their meeting will go. And Clarkent visibly showing signs of his injured side... well. Do I remember this correctly, that he also winced when he was with Gawain? Although, if Loisette will remember is a different matter all together.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm glad she got the necklace anyway.

D
Deja Vu Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
D
Plain Jane-- Having Loisette recognize Clarkent when they danced would be too easy. laugh I gotta make it a little tougher than that!! Hehehe.

Yeah, I definitely wanted Loisette to get that necklace!

As for the next chapter, well, I think you're going to be surprised about what happens. laugh

Kathy-- I'm glad you liked the ball descriptions! I'm generally bad at setting up scenes, but I did have fun with this one.

And, yeah, Loisette doesn't seem terribly fond of Alexander, does she? Buuuut that doesn't mean she's in the clear!

Michael-- Hahaha. The red-gold couple. That would've been depressing, wouldn't it have?

The lost necklace actually reminded me of the gender-switched Cinderella shoe with Loisette now trying to find the knight who lost the necklace
All right. You caught me! When I first mentioned the masquerade idea to DW, one of the things I said was "Clark as a male Cinderella." I was trying to figure out ways to incorporate different fairytales, and I'm rather glad that one stuck. smile And as for Clarkent wincing, well, this indeed isn't the first time Loisette has seen him do so.

Iolanthe-- Yeah, I wanted her to have the necklace as well. Would kinda stink if it disappeared into oblivion, heh.

------------------------------------------------

Many thanks to all for the feedback!!!

Deja

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard