Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
D
Some things start happening pretty quickly in the last parts of this fic. smile

Next chapter is "Into the Woods."

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
“Oh, you know how princesses are,” the knight commented. “The smallest vegetable under their mattresses make them cranky.”
Heh heh heh. I guess the kitchen is missing a pea , eh?

Merriwether
Merriwether
“By this reckoning, the Black Knight’s sins *are* heavy,” Clarkent murmured to himself. He wanted to counter Gawain’s claims--wanted to tell him the truth of what had happened--but it was dangerous for him to claim knowledge he should not have, and so he remained silent.
I'm glad Clarkent is OK, thanks to Peri's magic, and hopefully he'll start practicing with the jousting armor as soon as he's healed to be ready for the next time. Alas, no sign that Loisette put together the glint she saw with an illegally used dagger, though at least she's decided the Black Knight has some talents.

But in the meantime, I admit I'm getting frustrated with Clarkent. I understand not wanting to give away his secret but why can't he let Gawain know there are other "stories" about the Black Knight being circulated besides just the ones filtered through royalty? How hard would it be to say, "I've heard other stories ... the peasants say that he only fights with guards who are abusing their power ... and he only steals ill-gotten gains from the rich to give the poor." Gawain/Loisette might not believe him, but his unwillingness to defend himself at all is frustrating.

Kathy

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
yeah, I wondered about Clarkent not repudiating the stories, too. I'm guessing, it's either because he doesn't want to risk another fight or simply because he's now all worried that *everybody* not in the know or actually rescued thinks that. After all, he's heard no stories other than Loisette and Gawain. And to top it, Gawain is a commoner like Clarkent himself, so he would *know* the truth from the streets, or not? Oh what a mess...

As for the next part. I do get the feeling that their next trip to the lake could result in a... well... inappropriate moment for our queen to be. One that would basically foil Alexander's great plans for 'owning' Loisette permanently.

On the other hand, Alexander might ask her to marry him on the eve of her birthday, thus spoiling everything.

But in the end... there're just so many points to one moment of passion to be shared before she's locked away in the throne room. And Gawain can't really live on when she's queen, or can he?

Am *really* looking forward to part 26. And 27. And 28. And did I mention I *really* *REALLY* like the posting schedule?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
D
Deja Vu Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
D
Iolanthe-- Heheh. That Tempus quote was one of my favorite fairy tale references, heh. laugh

Kathy-- Yeah, as Michael notes, it has a lot to do with insecurity mixed with not wanting to risk another fight (can't blame him for wanting to avoid another explosion!). When you're questioning whether you're doing the right thing, it can be hard to put up a strong front and protect yourself...But I do know where you're coming from...

Michael-- Yeah, Clarkent's rather insecure. And you're right--if the "commoner" Gawain thinks so ill of him, how is he to know for sure that lots of other people think otherwise?

As for the lake thing, well, things might not turn out anything like what you expected. :p But I guess you'll see that yourself!

On the other hand, Alexander might ask her to marry him on the eve of her birthday, thus spoiling everything.
Heh heh. No comment. :p (No, seriously--no comment!)

Am *really* looking forward to part 26. And 27. And 28.
Awww. But what about the others? wink I'm glad to hear that!

And did I mention I *really* *REALLY* like the posting schedule?
Haha. I'm glad. I am trying to keep it up!

----------------------------

Thanks so much for the FDK fix! laugh

Deja Vu

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard