Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#74631 10/18/10 12:23 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Preview of 63

Clark ducked through the airplane door and stepped into the jet bridge with genuine relief. Twenty-four hours of confinement was a long time.

Particularly when, without the benefit of the flying crate, he could have saved himself twenty-three hours, fifty-nine minutes, and fifty-five seconds.

But that didn't matter. Not now.

He was back in Australia - and he had some time.

Time to be with Lois.

Time to make decisions about their future.

He was here for at least a week. Seven days ... seven nights. They could go out, they could stay in ... they could be together.
Thanks!

Corrina.

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Well done, I love the way you had both Perry & Lois kicking some sense into Clark.

I was delighted with Perry making it clear that life at the Planet can go on without Clark Kent.

Well done.

Framework4
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
That was fantastic! I had been moderately disappointed about killing Mayson as the easy way out. This was so much better! And Perry was great.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wow! Now my wish is that Mayson will wake up with no memory of anything that happened over at least the past week!!! Head injuries can cause all kinds of problems. smile1

EvelynC
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wow, did not expect Mayson to survive. Wonder what you got cooked up next.

I'm quite intrigued by the way Lois and Clark handle their situations so differently. Clark's obsessing about endangering Lois and Lois is obsessing about Clark obsessing about endangering her. Okay, so maybe no so differently laugh

"I'm here, Clark. I'll ... ahm ... just be a moment." She quickly pulled on the first clothes she found - jeans and a loose jumper ... there was no time for a bra or a t-shirt. She ran a hasty comb through her damp hair, took a deep breath, arranged a nice smile on her face, and opened the door.
There's got to be a purpose. /waits patiently/
Lois grasped the bottom of her sweater and peeled it over her head.

Clark gasped ... and Lois shook with laughter.
Enter the purpose clap
"Kent," she said. "You're *supposed* to be looking at my arm."
But you have to admit, distracting Clark form the booboo on her arm is a good idea. Except, isn't the nurse supposed to distract her little patients before patching them up instead of the other way 'round? laugh

Great part, as usual. Too little time for FDK. frown

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
another fabulous chapter!!! I love the way you write Lois. And I'm glad Mayson didn't die and boy, I sure hope she's appreciative of Clark saving her when she wakes up!

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
I'm kinda also glad that Mayson didn't die ... but it does makes me wonder what is going to happen next ... maybe she will kill Luthor and it will be like killing two birds with one stone?

Anyhow, loved the Lois and Clark part - very in character for both of them - Clark obsessing and Lois obsessing about Clark obsessing.

smile

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Ok, so I was sure Mayson was going to die... but this was so far better than that option, because it lead to some great interaction both between Clark and Perry and then between Clark and Lois. For a second I almost thought Perry knew CK is Superman. He seemed to sense so clearly what the younger reporter was feeling.

As for the scene at Lois's apartment, I simply loved it. Loved how Lois asked him to smile for her. This bit is what really stood out for me:

"*Listen* to me, Kent," Lois said, roughly backhanding her tears away. "I need you now. Right now, I need stuff from you ... and you're not giving it to me."

He swallowed. "What do you need?"

"I need you to smile."

His jaw dropped. "Lois ..."

"You have all those super-impressive abilities, but you've never realised that, for me, your most powerful power is your smile. It rights my world. It puts the pieces of my life back together when they've crumbled. It reaffirms that everything will be OK." She looked at him and offered a wobbly smile. "I love you, Clark."
I'm very very curious as to whether Clark will follow Perry's suggestion and actually go back to Metropolis married to Lois. And also really not sure if you're bringing the hottest team in town to Metropolis or the hottest superhero to Melbourne.

Keep 'em coming smile

Cris
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What a treat. I read all the recent parts at once. It's a really great story. I'm anxious to see the end. And then, maybe sequels?
regards
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
I
Blogger
Blogger
I
I finished reading all chapters, and I have to tell you how much I liked it. I liked the twist on Lois history, and how smart is she here. I also like how wonderfully you portrayed your country and city and "footy".
Ultra Woman Lois' persona is great, and You created this long distance relationship with Superman and solved the problem really well.
As for the last chapter, I'm glad Mayson didn't die, it would be devastating for Clark.

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Framework Thanks. Sometimes Clark needs a little push in the right direction.

Amy When the ending of this fic was only vague ideas, I had thought Mayson would die in the explosion just as she did in canon. However, as the story progressed, I realised that leaving her alive made things more interesting. I'm glad you agree.

Evelyn

Head injuries can cause all kinds of problems.
Uhm.

Now what is that posting schedule now? EOD or ED??
EOD. Because that gives me a day in the middle to work on the fic my muse has become totally infatuated with.

Michael Glad you liked the 'purpose'. laugh

bellarase Mayson appreciative? confused cool

DW Your speculation isn't correct ... yet in a twisted way, it's not completely off track either!

Cristina

And also really not sure if you're bringing the hottest team in town to Metropolis or the hottest superhero to Melbourne.
This was such a great way of putting it!!

Artemis Welcome home!

Sequels ... not any time soon. As I've mentioned before, I've set it up that a sequel is possible, but after six months in this universe, my muse has escaped to something else.

However, there will be an epilogue.

immery Welcome to the boards. I'm honoured that your first post is FDKing my story!!

A really close friend of mine spent a year in your country and loved it.

Thanks so much to everyone who is still reading. Five parts to go!

Thanks for the FDK guys - it really is wonderfully encouraging.

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard