Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
D
Ah, Tempos...

Next chapter is "The Winds of Change."

Merriwether
Merriwether
Ack! Clark isn't ready to joust, but he stepped up to the plate ... only to find his opponent wasn't fighting fair! I bet he's right that the judges were told to turn a blind eye to Tempos's cheating.

At least Loisette saw the glint of the blade ... I just hope she figured out what it means. I'm sure Alexander and Tempos will try to paint the Black Knight as a coward for leave the field, but I think it was the smartest thing Clark could have done -- discretion being the better part of valor and all that. He's not just strong, but smart, too! Which is especially important when you don't have superpowers ...

Was Peri there to witness all of this? I wonder if there is anything he can do to help.

Next part, please! I hope Clarkent is going to be OK!

Kathy

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wow, I'm surprised Clarkent managed to throw tempos off on the first run. Was it because of Clarkent's heavier armor, because of luck, or because Tempos completely underestimated Clarkent and was goofing off. Or, maybe, it was deliberate so he could kill him during the sword-fight. but that seems awfully dangerous for Tempos. After all, falling off the horse in full armor can't be good for you.

Also, I do wonder what would have happened had Clarkent won. Would the Regent have been able to still arrest him for being the Black Knight? Or did they actually plan out scenario four from above?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
A
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
A
He who fights and runs away, may live to fight another day (hopefully). wink

Love the story and all of the fairy tale references. Look forward to more.

Amy

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
I wonder if the war with the Barbarian Kindom to restore Clarkent to his rightful place on their throne will be a part of this story or a sequel.

I could also see Clark getting arrested by the Regent when he gives Loisette his gift. After all how would a stable boy be able to afford such an extravagent present? He must have stolen it (which he did).

Gee, Sir Tempos cheated at the joust. Who would have thought that could happen?

Waiting for Loisette to get a clue about the Black Knight.

Tank (who thinks Clarkent better hurry back to the stable so he can pretend his injury is due to an accident with a hay fork)

D
Deja Vu Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
D
Kathy-- Yeah, Tempos doesn't know the meaning of fighting fair! And when you're not invulnerable, it definitely can be best to run away sometimes.

Michael-- Tempos, in his pride, definitely underestimated Clarkent, who is constantly either doing manual labor or practicing various knightly skills (as opposed to Tempos, who does a lot more scheming and sitting). Though he's the royal champion, that doesn't mean Tempos is actually a wonderful jouster (imagine what would happen to any knight who beat him and thereby ticked off both Tempos and Alexander).

As for what would have happened if Clarkent had stuck around and all, well, you can just let your imagination run wild! smile Could have gone different ways, I think. But I'd say Tempos intended to either utterly humiliate him or kill him.

Amy-- Hahah. Yes, Clarkent definitely needed to make a tactical retreat in this instance! laugh And I am very glad to hear you love the story and the fairytale references.

Tank--
I wonder if the war with the Barbarian Kindom to restore Clarkent to his rightful place on their throne will be a part of this story or a sequel.
Let's just say I don't intend to write a sequel, heh. And as for Clarkent's gift and Loisette getting a clue, well, a whole lot happens in a short period of time in the next several chapters. laugh

Tank (who thinks Clarkent better hurry back to the stable so he can pretend his injury is due to an accident with a hay fork)
Hahaha. You know those clumsy stableboys. Always falling down onto sharp objects...

--------------------------------------------

Thanks for the feedback, everyone!

Deja Vu

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm learning a whole lot about jousting, armor, and horses by reading this fic!

D
Deja Vu Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
D
Iolanthe-- I, too, have learned a lot about the aforementioned things due to this fic! I knew a bit about horses, but I definitely learned more about them in addition to jousting and armor and whatnot.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard