Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#74614 10/16/10 11:30 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Preview of 62

Clark stood. "Let's get back to the Planet," he suggested. "Eduardo might have something by now. And I'll call Henderson to see if they found any evidence in her apartment."

Perry looked quizzically at Clark as he rose from the seat. "You really think you know who did this?"

Clark nodded. "I'm sure. And I'll be working on it while I'm in Australia."

Perry grinned. "So you're going? You'll be on that flight?"

"Yeah, I'm going," Clark said. "But I'm determined that the person who did this to Mayson is going to be brought to justice."
Thanks,

Corrina.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Somehow Mayson's death (because I assume there's no way she could escape the explosion) seemed to be coming. I can't really say I'm sorry, because even though she's far from being as evil as Luthor, she certainly isn't a nice person and I doubt that could have been changed.

Now I do want to see how exactly our favorite team brings Luthor down, now that Lois being exposed isn't a worry anymore.

Anyway, still loving it, even if I haven't been commenting on every part. You should have seen me last week, though, downloading the new parts to my cell whenever I caught a bit of wifi and reading on trams or while my friends planned the next stop of our tour through Budapest. That can't be healthy, but then... who cares? laugh

Cris
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wow, I did not expect Mayson to end so quickly. But I'm guessing you can only have one fiend in town at a time. Otherwise, one might eventually off the oth... Oh, yeah, that's what happened laugh

Mrs Cox left the room, and Luthor sprang from the chair. His antagonist had come to him - and on the very day that Luthor had obtained the green rock. He clenched his fist in anticipated triumph.
So, does this mean he intends to incapacitate Superman give Ultra Woman the chance to compare the virility of Earthmen and Kryptonians? Wonder how that's gonna fly...

She didn't have the green rock anymore, but she knew who had instigated the gas leaks.

Perhaps there was a way to use one to reclaim the other.
Sounds like Lois's plan might actually work. If Mayson is willing to cooperate. But it still sounds like the story about the Fox and the Scorpion.

Luthor's eyes didn't move from the woman. "Would *you* like a drink?" he asked in the melodic tones that women loved. He gave her his most potent smile.

To his surprise, her expression darkened. "It has come to our attention that there were cameras hidden in the Lexor honeymoon suite that was provided for us following our wedding," she said.
Now, if we just knew what exactly makes Lois so immune. The cameras, her knowledge of Lex being the boss, his general creepy-ness, or just the fact that she's well and truly satisfied. Or will be again, once she gets to corner her husband in a secluded spot. clap So much for our businessman trained in all the fine arts. Nothing more than a thug in a suit clap

/waits eagerly for the rest/

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
Top Banana
I can't help but be amazed at what Lex and Mayson have in common. Based on everything I see they share the traits of stupidity born of arrogance.

Lex is much more worldly but has still shown a tendency to underestimate his opponents. If Mayson had been just a little more lucky or clever, she what have both the - unfortunately for her, useless - rock, and knowledge that Lex was a criminal. She probably would have ended up dead quickly anyway, but it wouldn't have been so easy for Lex.

As for Mayson, you would have thought she would have learned of the consequences of dealing with dangerous people after her experience with Trask. Lex's "tip" about the gas leaks should have been enough for her to know what he was. If not, as soon as she found the rock gone, she should have realized what she was dealing with.

Mayson was smart but too arrogant to realize the danger Lex posed.

Same for Lex. Mayson was easy but trying to stab Superman with the sword gave away too much information about what kind of person he was to an enemy of unknown resources. That was a key strategic mistake.

Finally, I apologize for not leaving more feedback. I have been enjoying the story when I can stop by.

Bob

Kerth
Kerth
I have a feeling she's alive but seriously injured. Not 100% sure I agree with the portrayal of Mayson in this story, as compared to what we saw in L&C, but if you accept it as given it's probably what she deserves.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
He lifted her hand and dipped his head to kiss her. She jerked her hand from his grasp - and then had the impudence to wipe it on her costume.
clap clap clap clap

Looking forward to what will happen next! (even though the story is fast approaching its end frown )

smile

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Cristina

Now I do want to see how exactly our favorite team brings Luthor down
The bringing down of Luthor will happen between the final part and the epilogue. You will know that it happened, but not how it happened. If I ever feel drawn to write a sequel, it will be how the hottest team in town get Luthor.

LOL about trying to catch some wifi. I remember trying to do that last year.

Michael

Now, if we just knew what exactly makes Lois so immune. The cameras, her knowledge of Lex being the boss, his general creepy-ness, or just the fact that she's well and truly satisfied.
I have *never* been able to understand how S1 Lois thought Luthor was marriage material and Clark wasn't. wallbash At least in my fics, I get to right the situation.

Re the paperweight - Michael, you are great at picking up the little lines that I put in (mostly for my own amusement, but it's great when someone else appreciates them, too).

Bob Thanks for dropping in, Bob. Any more bobbart fics in the offing?

Interesting comparison between Lex and Mayson. From the start of this fic, I've seen her as someone who thinks she can match it with the big guys, but who is simply not in that league.

Luthor did make a mistake - but he'd thought he'd won, and discovering he hadn't, meant he dropped the ball ( wink ) for a moment.

Marcus

I have a feeling she's alive but seriously injured.
Spot on.

I've definitely tweaked Mayson a little. Although I believe there are fics in this fandom where Luthor is a good guy - I don't think what I've done to Mayson is as extreme as that!

Thanks, Marcus.

DW

A safety box at a bank or something would have been better.
But that would have involved trusting the bank, and Mayson doesn't trust anyone!

Thanks to everyone for your FDK.

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard