EDIT: Forgot to mention--next chapter is called "At Full Tilt."

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
help laugh

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
This is actually one of my favourite parts of the whole story (and I really want to say more, but don't want to give anything away ...)

smile

D
Deja Vu Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
D
Thanks for the feedback!
Deja

------------------------------------

Michael--
Hmm... I don't know, they remind me of Double-Fudge-Crunch Bars for Ogres. They sound like great fun, but once you have too many of them...
Hahahah. They're also painful--just not to teeth. smile

Gawain's sure hugging other boys a lot for a boy. Wonder if that means he's into boys rather than girls
Hahaha. Does make you wonder, doesn't it? :p

You know, if it hadn't been obvious before, this one would now be the Las-Vegas-sized neon arrow pointing to the Superman lore.
LOL. Las-Vegas-sized? Really? laugh

As for the Barbarian Kingdom, Gawain says in chapter 6, "Maybe a century ago, the Barbarian Kingdom was once united with Metropolita. They made up a kingdom called Solaria. They broke apart, but eventually they reached a truce and stopped warring. In the past decade or so, though, the Barbarian Kingdom started the war with Metropolita again."

Way better than jewelry. Well, except for a little solitaire
Hahaha. :p

They *ate* the previous owners. I'm guessing that makes it OK. But they didn't slay the dragon.
Heh. The didn't slay the ogres either. :p And a dragon angry with a kingdom is way scarier than a group of ogres.

And what happened to little Draco? Did he and the Princess become friends?
He went back to his cave mumbling about stupid humans. smile

DW--
This is actually one of my favourite parts of the whole story (and I really want to say more, but don't want to give anything away ...)
Hahaha. It's hard to give feedback when you already know what happens every step of the way, eh? laugh

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Hahaha. It's hard to give feedback when you already know what happens every step of the way, eh?
That is why why I have stayed away and probably will continue to do so until the end wink

smile

Merriwether
Merriwether
Catching up on two parts at once. Whee!

A minute later, Gawain rushed over to him. “Clarkent! You have to see this! There’s this hen over there laying eggs that are--”
LOL, when you mentioned the golden harp, I wondered, then this sent me over the edge. Too funny. I love all the fairy tale references being tossed about in this story.

A golden square was inlaid with a blood-red ruby, and on top of the gem was a magnificent flying horse. The creature’s wings were stretched out, its legs lifted in perpetual flight as its tail swayed in an invisible wind.
Ooooo! Yes, the perfect gift!

I wonder, though, after all the problems with the dragon, did neither Clarkent nor Loisette think that stealing treasure might be a bad thing?

“Oh, niiiibblies,” the third speaker continued. Suddenly, a massive form appeared in front of them. “Ha!”
rotflol

“We almost died,” Clarkent panted, his heart still racing a million miles a minute.

“I know,” Gawain said with a wide grin. “Wasn’t it fun?”
Snork. Yeah, there's our Lois. lol

Kathy

D
Deja Vu Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
D
Kathy-- Woo for catchup! smile
LOL, when you mentioned the golden harp, I wondered, then this sent me over the edge. Too funny. I love all the fairy tale references being tossed about in this story.
Mwahaha. Glad you caught it! Did you also catch the hint of "Goldilocks and the Three Bears" with the necklace bit? laugh I tried to have both some more obvious and more subtle references to fairytales, and I am happy you enjoy it! I had a lot of fun with that part! I went to Wikipedia and looked at their list of fairytales, and then I tried to see which of the more well-known ones I could incorporate in big or small ways!

I wonder, though, after all the problems with the dragon, did neither Clarkent nor Loisette think that stealing treasure might be a bad thing?
Hahaha. Well, ogres aren't nearly as terrifying as dragons. laugh

Thanks for the feedback!
Deja

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard