Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#74555 10/14/10 09:57 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Feedback always welcome! smile

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
#74556 10/15/10 03:27 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm taking your word that this isn't a deathfic, but it sure seems like one. help

Waiting next part with bated breath. grovel

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#74557 10/15/10 05:24 AM
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Interesting start. Looking forward to more.

Framework4
#74558 10/15/10 06:26 AM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Well, you promised dark and gritty, and that's what you're giving us. I have, of course, some questions and some speculations.

What happened to the thugs Clark and Lois fought? Did they leave with Luthor or did they sneak away by themselves? And when will Henderson find evidence that they were there?

What happened to Lois' camera? Who has it now?

Will Henderson start looking for "the dead man" Luthor? Will he even believe Clark when he says that Luthor's alive?

Will Lois be resurrected the same way Luthor was? Is that why he wasn't all that devastated by her apparent death? Was that his backup plan all along?

Will Henderson compare the blood loss at the scene to the lack of blood on Clark's clothes and have forensic evidence that Clark didn't stab Lois?

Will Henderson trace the knife back to either the manufacturer or the purchaser? And just who bought it, one of the anonymous thugs?

Will Clark work past his horror and his loss to help find Luthor? Will he be tempted to make a deal with the devil (Luthor) to bring Lois back to life?

Good start. I'm very interested to see where this goes. Post again soon!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#74559 10/15/10 07:05 AM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
You had me hooked from the very first sentence. And I agree with Ultra Woman -- It sure does look like a deathfic so far. Perhaps Lois is just mostly dead? Or perhaps Wells will step in to save the day? What appears to be Lois couldn't possibly be a Lois clone, could she? (She sure acted like the real thing!) Wells seems the best bet to me of my suggestions, but I would not be surprised to find that you have another idea entirely up your sleeve.

BTW, Do you have a posting schedule in mind?

Joy,
Lynn

#74560 10/16/10 12:13 PM
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
Very interesting start. I actually wish that you hadn't said that it wasn't a deathfic, because with the assumption planted in my head that Lois (somehow) isn't dead, I find myself in a position where I don't so much *care* about what's happening, but I am curious to discover what happens to Clark and how you're bringing Lois back to life. I think I would be much more emotionally involved in the story if you had let me think that Lois was killed, and then happily surprised when you reveal how this isn't a deathfic. Now I'm just trying to work out *how* this isn't a deathfic!

Still, good start. I'm a sucker for darker fics!

- Alisha (who will forever fight the evil warnings that take all the fun out of reading stories)

#74561 10/16/10 05:15 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Quite a beginning! I appreciate your letting us know it isn't a deathfic right from the start, as I find it hard to get through those without some hope of a happy resolution with our two favorite characters. I want to see how the problems are solved and this has a lot of possibilities. Poor Clark -- we do like to torture him so!

Looking forward to more with lots of questions to be answered. huh

EvelynC
#74562 10/16/10 09:24 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I'm glad I've got you intrigued! I wasn't sure whether to post about it not being a deathfic, but I was worried the first line would freak people out if I didn't say something. *sigh* You do what you can!

As for the posting schedule, I'll post about every other day. smile

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
#74563 10/17/10 11:32 AM
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Very intriguing indeed! You also had be hooked from the first line and I was so glad to see '4 hours earlier" - I haven't watched the episodes in so long and I to think very hard about "the phoenix".

Looking forward to the next part (Which is up already!) smile

#74564 10/17/10 11:44 AM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
MM, I, for one, am very glad you posted about it not being a deathfic. Otherwise, as soon as Lois appeared to be dead, I would have stopped reading.

FWIW, there is actually a separate, although little used, thread in the Fanfic folder for WHAM warnings. In the future, you could just post in the story a pointer to the WHAM warning thread. There, you could give a more detailed description that readers could choose to read or ignore as they saw fit.

Joy,
Lynn

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard