Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
I never thought I would wind up writing a story in which I would call our big blue boy scout a pervert. (I never plan to write my "Trouble with Reincarnation" challenge story in part because I wouldn't want to write a story where his proclivities could easily be seen as perversion.) But somehow, it seemed appropriate for the narrator of this piece.

Did anyone catch the intentional "misspelling" in the piece? I absolutely couldn't resist that pun.

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
The engagement ring.

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Merriwether
Merriwether
Heh, it's got to be the engagement ring. Cute. smile

Kathy

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
The "solitaire" diamond Clark had in his keeping for Lois, until of course she "finally" accepted.

Very cute! smile1

EvelynC
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Yes, all three of you are right. It is indeed the engagement ring. Extra "points" go to Evelyn for catching the solitaire/solitary pun.

Incidentally, if you enjoy this type of warped humour, which describes innocent acts in heinous terms, you might enjoy the old folk song John Barleycorn . It describes the planting, growing, harvesting, and brewing of barley in a way that makes the workers sound like hardened criminals whose rap sheets would include collusion, assault and battery, conspiracy to murder, and murder. As is true with most folk songs, there are many versions of it. Some go into more gruesome detail than others.

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
It's the ring! clap

~•~
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
I also guessed the ring! Yeah!