Beat Reporter
D
Next chapter is..."The Heart of the Dragon." laugh

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I admit, I did not expect the Black Knight to show up this quickly. But that's probably just me hoping to see his training-acciden-- erm training and exercising blush And Phantom stands there, nickering and shaking his head when Clarkent gets pushed off by the quintain.

Alexander whipped his head around to glare at his brother.

“Oops,” said Tempos with a shrug.
Yeah, Oops. But you know, this would be the perfect opportunity for Alexander to do away with his brother hyper

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Merriwether
Merriwether
Dragons! You put dragons -- DRAGONS -- in the story!

I officially love you. goofy

Did you have as much fun writing this chapter as I had reading it? I had a grin on my face from the moment I figured out who "Jacques" was (and he was a petty thief, ha!) and realized the Black Knight was going to save him ... and it only got bigger the further I read.

Some said he was a ghost; others said he was an angel. Alexander believed he was a demon.
I love this line. It says so much about what's been happening in the story since the last chapter. Clarkent has not only completed his training (and I'm fine with you not showing it; you transitioned well to move us along) but he's already established himself as a hero of the people. Awesome!

“Oops,” said Tempos with a shrug.
rotflol

Dwayne gave him a long and perceptive look. It made Clarkent shift nervously, as he wasn’t sure what the man was about to say, but then Dwayne grunted and conceded, “All right. Take as long as you need.” He turned his attention back to the horse’s leg, only to comment softly, “I think you need to take Esroh Repus out for a bit of exercise anyway.”
Ohhh, I like. I've always thought Wayne knew more than he let on, so I like that Dwayne plays the same role here. Plus who knows what Peri has said to Dwayne about Clarkent? Peri's reach is long and I bet it wasn't coincidence that Clarkent was assigned the position he was. Nice.

(But poor Esroh Repus; I was sure he was destined to become the Black Knight's faithful steed. I wonder how he feels about being relegated to sidekick status? wink )

And as he continued to stare, he realized that the horse was High Flyer . . .

. . . and the rider was Princess Loisette.
Whoa! Now that I did not expect. (I, too, thought it was going to be Gawain.) But the Princess actually makes perfect sense. She has been developing her riding skills for a couple years now and this is her kingdom, or soon will be. And we all know her love of adventure and fantasy stories. This is right up her alley.

More! More! Will the Princess and the Black Knight work together to slay the dragon? Will the Black Knight's success solidify his reputation as a hero, even among Alexander's knights? (Heh, and wouldn't that piss Alexander off. wink )

I don't want to wait another couple days to find out!

Kathy

D
Deja Vu Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
D
Michael-- That's a great image of Phantom (s)nickering at Clarkent’s humorous failures! I will put a note in my document and think about putting something like that in whenever I try to prep the story for the archive (which may, admittedly, take a while to happen). As for how much time has passed, well, I don’t have a specific number--less than a year, definitely, but enough time for a bit of training and for word about the Black Knight to get around.

I expected Gawain, not the princess.
I thought about that, but the princess works better for my purposes. smile And I think it makes Clarkent’s reaction more extreme!

Hmm... actually, did she come for the dragon or to see the Black Knight? And will she fawn over him? After all, nobody knows how the Black Knight looks underneath his armor. He might not be a stately Barbarian Crown Prince after all.
*grin* I bet you might be surprised by her reaction.

But I've got a great idea: Daily posting makes it easy to remember to post, since it's... well... a daily occurrence goofy
LOL. Why, thank you! I gotta admit…I was pretty pumped at the idea of having a dragon in my story! I love them!

Did you have as much fun writing this chapter as I had reading it?
Hahaha. laugh I am glad to hear that! And, yeah, it was fun!

I had a grin on my face from the moment I figured out who "Jacques" was (and he was a petty thief, ha!) and realized the Black Knight was going to save him ... and it only got bigger the further I read.
Hurrah! I thought Jack fit the role perfectly--I needed a thief who was also a good guy…and he fit the bill!!

I've always thought Wayne knew more than he let on, so I like that Dwayne plays the same role here.
Yeah, I always felt he did, too. I mean, with all that went on, he’d have to be actively ignoring things to not pick up that something major was going on!

(But poor Esroh Repus; I was sure he was destined to become the Black Knight's faithful steed. I wonder how he feels about being relegated to sidekick status? wink )
I did consider having Esroh Repus fill that role--but I think it would be pretty obvious to certain people that Esroh Repus was from the royal stables, and it would have been suspicious for the horse to be disappearing all the time with Clarkent.

---------------

Thanks for the great feedback, you two! laugh

Deja Vu

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard