Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L - thanks for the compliment. I must say that your own fic, "Long Strange Trip", was a source of inspiration to me!

I think you really captured some of the "alien-ness" that the Clarks would feel every day. Just the little things that make them not fit in.

Someone who wasn’t thinking ‘I’m touching an alien’ or ‘I’m shaking hands with Superman. I hope he doesn’t break my hand.’
I would hope that not everyone thinks that, and that Superman has worked hard to obviate this perception. But no doubt some people do feel that way.

“Maybe it’s that Superman complex,” said Clark. “We think we know better because we’re so used to playing that ‘hero in charge’ role. Imagine if the world at large knew how confused we both really were on a regular basis."
And that's another great point! It was established in the show that Clark was very much a newbie at the superhero job, at least in Season One. (Remember his awkwardness when he gets the key to the city?)

He *has* to project that air of confidence - people would be very very nervous of a superhero who didn't. Good point in showing Clark's underlying fear. What if he messes up? Some of his mess-ups could be fatal.

“I do think people prefer to see the Superman persona in the suit rather than Clark Kent doing oddly alien things."
Another good point! The Suit tends to separate the alien from the human persona even when Clark has been outed as Superman. It still helps.

“Lois, I’m here too. I feel it too,” Kent said urgently. “Put up that wall, okay? Come on. Just one brick at a time. I can help,” and he pushed his own mental presence into her mind to give her the awareness that she had help building the wall.

Clark stood there along with Lane staring at the tableau in front of them. Why had it never occurred to him to try to help her like that? He had done that a long time ago when Kal-El had invaded her dreams, why didn’t he do it now?
I really wonder about all of Clark's feelings at this point. Is he mentally slapping himself on the forehead? Is he disappointed in himself? Kicking himself over lost opportunities? I like how you show that he even is a little worried about *himself*, that is, the Clark from the canon universe. Clark has some serious issues with regards to Lois and her issues about Lord Kal-El.

Really looking forward to the next chapter!

Top Banana
Top Banana
Thanks for clarifying the names. Some posts it's absolutely clear, and others I have to ask (ok, WHICH Lois was that?). So it reads much easier now!

“Maybe it’s that Superman complex,” said Clark. “We think we know better because we’re so used to playing that ‘hero in charge’ role. Imagine if the world at large knew how confused we both really were on a regular basis. “
I love the two Clark's talking about their challenges as superheros--and admitting that they are not always sure of themselves. wink

I second IolantheAlias in wondering if poor Clark wishes he had realized sooner that he could have done what Kent is doing in this most recent attack.

Are we getting closer to an in-person confrontation with Kal-El? wildguy

Looking forward to more! (And I've put Armageddon Aftermath on my to-read list! wink )

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I really like the contrast between Lois and Clark and Lane and Kent. Lane and Kent are certainly able to help our two damaged heroes out.

I'm guessing Lois will learn to fight back and succeed and only then they will be ready to visit Kal-El. It would be so much safer to just stay away help This could be epic hyper

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard