Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Ooh, intrigue and political stuff! Cool, I hope.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
The gunmen apparently considered the sights on their weapons to be simple decorations – like the turn signals on the cars in Metropolis.
I just had to laugh at this. It's so true. And not just in Metropolis.

“How many are still alive?”

She appeared to be taken aback. “Why, all of them. They are not worthy to die at my hands.”
Well... I'm glad no one was killed, but the reason for that is just a wee bit disconcerting.

Good start!

Top Banana
Top Banana
Ok, this is making me want to go back and watch the old WW tv show, to see how some things compare. smile

So WW has her sights set on Superman? (You haven't directly said so, but it sounds like she's looking for a mate, unless I'm missing something??) THAT's not going to go over well...

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Obviously not your typical version of Wonder Woman here.

It will be interesting to see how this progresses, and we are beginning to see how the battle between Lois and WW would be able to come about.

This version of Diana reminds one more of the comic book version of Artemis rather than Wonder Woman.

Tank (who wonders if Hippolyta had contact with the old Justice Society back in the forties like in the comic books)

D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
This really made me laugh:
He’d finally learned to make that final adjustment on his tie before he stepped into a public area
Pwahaha. Love it!

Very very interesting...Superman probably won't take too kindly to being asked to mate with Wonder Woman. Not that Wonder Woman herself seems too happy about it.

I wonder if WW is going to try to befriend Lois and Clark as Diana? I look forward to seeing what will happen next!

T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Ah, the speculation. All wonderful (deliberate pun) and all quite welcome.

Glad you liked the line about the turn signals, Iolanthealias. And yes, WW's reasoning is not on the same level as most people's.

Mozartmaid, this Diana isn't much like Lynda Carter's TV version. And that's an interesting guess on her looking for a mate. Quite prescient.

Tank, you know that there are almost as many incarnations of Wonder Woman as there are franchise reboots. She's been all over the map since she was born/was shaped out of clay/was adopted/appeared out of nowhere, but she's usually been on the side of the angels.

This one's different. We'll see just how different soon.

Deja Vu, glad you liked the line about the tie. My stories are usually so gritty and dark that I feel like I need to drop in the occasional smile moment. But WW befriend Clark? She doesn't like men very much because they're not good enough for her. And yes, that's going to be an interesting moment.

Next chapter up very soon!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard