Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
OH YEAH, if there was ever something that I could just enjoy without jumping into the nfic pile, THAT was it. yummy yummy and thanks for the shivers too, BJ!! drool

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!
Top Banana
Top Banana
I think that's the most erotic rated-PG piece I've ever read. Just perfect. And, as Lois said, not only physical but emotionally beautiful as well. I'm glad he didn't stay. You took them both to the the physical point of 'I don't care what's smart' and then brought them gently back--not into fear of intimacy, but rather into the realization of how much deeper their connection went and how precious that was. It was brilliant all around.

His fascination with her neck reminded me of a scene from the show. It's after they're married and Clark wakes up in the middle of the night to find himself alone in their bed. He goes looking for Lois and finds her doing paperwork--taxes, I think. Anyway, he starts kissing her neck as he convinces her to come back to bed. You can almost hear him thinking, "This is one advantage of the haircut." smile

This *is* my happily ever after.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yes! Shivers all around!! This was PERFECT!!

One tiny thing:
I’m seducing Superman drowns her voice completely.
You switched pronouns here. wink

But, oh, I could read that little story over and over again!! Finally, a way to make that haircut worthwhile!!

dance

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Kerth
Kerth
Brenda!!!!!!!!!! You finally posted it! smile1 Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

It's true, I loved the universe you created in Master of Disguise so much that I was ready to start picking out apartments so I could live there. This fic only reinforces that wishful thinking. <g>

There are so many little moments in this one that also make me want to set up housekeeping with our heroes. First off, as much as I disliked Lois' super-short hair (with apologies to Tank), I think the show missed the best possible reason for Lois to have cut it. Making herself into a new person after Lex is the best explanation ever. Yes, in your story she had actually been married to him, so there's a clear need for a before/after break for her.

I loved Clark's obsession with her neck. We certainly had precedent for it on the show - that scene in 'Meet John Doe' that HappyGirl mentioned and also the time they're making out on the bed in 'Sex, Lies and Videotape'. Mmmmm…

For me, good writing is always in the details. For instance:
He leans in to kiss me again, softly and gently and it makes my heart flip. He stands upright again and pats the doorframe.
That little pat on the doorframe says so much! It says that he's forcing himself to stop touching her now and that he's reminding himself that the door is right there and he needs to leave. Nicely done! thumbsup

Mozartmaid, I guess we're reading it differently. blush The full sentence is: The cautious side of me makes a feeble attempt to slow things down, but the idea that I’m seducing Superman drowns her voice completely. I took that "her" as referring to the cautious side of Lois. smile

A beautiful and fabulous job, Brenda. I will try to confine my groveling for more from you to the fabulous new alt-universe you're working on and not keep dragging you back into the old ones. (The key word here is "try" wink )

Now I'm off to read this lovely story again (and again). Sure, I should be getting ready for work now, but this is so much more fun! Thank you for my awesome (belated) b-day present! It's just what I wanted and exactly the right size. sloppy

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
Ho. ly. cow.

That is not a story to be read, that is a story to be savored.

I am certain I cannot write fdk worthy of that story, so I'll just say that I am thrilled that you are working on an alt-universe, but if the fancy should strike, I'm sure there is plenty of interesting stuff going on in the MOD universe that we need to read about. smile

Sue, thanks for sharing your birthday present! smile

Amber

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Wow! Just, "Wow!" Your story has left me speechless.

Well done! clap clap

Joy,
Lynn

Top Banana
Top Banana
Mozartmaid, I guess we're reading it differently. [Embarrassed] The full sentence is: The cautious side of me makes a feeble attempt to slow things down, but the idea that I’m seducing Superman drowns her voice completely. I took that "her" as referring to the cautious side of Lois. [Smile]
Ooops! You're right! blush I get it now...

PS I'm off to read 'Master of Disguise' now since you mentioned it! hyper

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
That was brilliantly wow!

smile

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
It's nice when other gentle writers 'get it' when it comes to the shorter haircut.

Also, I just think that Lois (Teri) was cuter with shorter hair.

Cute vignette.

Tank (who has long contended that Clark liked the shorter do because he had a thing for Lois' neck)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Adorable and sexy. Loved it!

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Merriwether
Merriwether
Yay, I'm so glad you posted it! thumbsup Awesome job, B!

Kathy

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Oh, that's fantastic! Wow! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!

And it is surely the best haircut story I have ever read!

Ann

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wow, I really can't believe all they did was kiss a little. Wonderful viggy clap

And did I read Sue's comment correctly? There's another alt-U in the works?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard