Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#74247 10/01/10 01:32 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Preview of 56

"Albert." That was another of her source's idiosyncrasies - he didn't use his surname.

"Albert, it's Mayson." He wasn't one for small talk, so she began her questions. "Did you go to the library yesterday?"

"Naturally. We had an appointment." That was his way of scolding her for her tardiness.

"Did you notice two Australians there?" Mayson picked up her pen in readiness should Albert have any information worth noting.

"Yes. One arrived at seven and a half minutes to two and the other arrived five minutes later. They were still there when I left."

That meant there was less than three minutes for Albert to have heard any of their conversation. "Did you hear what they were talking about?"

"One owed the other money."
Thanks!

Corrina.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ah, Mayson is getting inklings that things aren't quite right. And, after all, she *is* a successful investigative reporter for the Daily Planet.

This sounds ominous.

Eagerly awaiting more!

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wow! The plot keeps getting more involved, just when I think I have a good handle on it. Great job! Can't wait for more. hyper

EvelynC
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Is Mayson somehow going to put two and two together and come up with Lois was at the library and there are no flight records of her traveling to Metropolis and then .... ??? And then that picture of Lois needs to play a part in this deductive reasoning and investigation of Mayson somehow, right??

My favourite line was:

Clark grinned. "Lois Lane, investigative reporter," he said. "One big story a day just isn't enough for her."
If I was an investigative reporter, one big story a day woudln't be enough for me either.

And Lex also sounds dangerous ... maybe he will be the one to later get rid of Mayson once he knows her secret ... unless they will eliminate each other?

Looking forward to more!

smile

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Boy, is this getting complicated! Now we have got every one involved. I love how you've ended up linking Luthor, Mayson, Clark and Lois in the same plot. I must admit I hadn't even considered it through most of the story, but now we have a footy story, linked to a murder case in Metropolis and a drug bust in UK. I'm very curious to see how much of the story Mayson manages to put together and if she'll somehow get to St. John's name as well. Though seeing as you've managed to have her fail in every one of her attempts to harm Clark so far, I'm hoping this will be no different.

So, just to sum it all up: I love how your A plot connects them all and I'm really enjoying it (and I'm usually more a B-Plot kinda reader wink ). And I couldn't agree more with Brownie! Though I hope that even if there's no merger, Lois will head off to Metropolis. You know, hottest team in town and all that laugh . Plus, I'm sure she'd enjoy compiting (and winning wink ) with Mayson (showing her she's not only got Clark, but also investigative and reporting skills that equal or even surpass hers)

And I'm still loving Seb and Chris!!!

You can go ahead and post more laugh

Cris
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yes, he decided. He would start with a simple robbery and an invitation for a date.
Interesting. Wonder what role Luthor's going to play.

Clark had paused to listen to Henderson, but now he continued towards his desk without comment.
Hmm, will Clark's attempt to disassociate himself from the story lead to trouble? After all, he's supposed to be the one to crack it wide open.

Where had he gone?
Suddenly, I'm worried about Mayson and secret identities...

And Mayson intended to find out exactly what was going on - then she would have the choice of stealing the story - if it were good enough - or using her knowledge to drive a wedge between Kent and Lane. If she, Mayson, couldn't have Kent, she was going to make very sure that a puffed-up, sports-writing trollop from Australia wasn't going to have him either.
This is going to end up badly. And not for the trollop but for the slut.

Michael smile1 jump

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Great story!!!! Looking forward to more

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I didn't like Mayson before this story - hate her even more now!!

LOVE your character Seb - he's amazing.

Can't wait to read more!

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Iolanthe She is. wink

There's more in your inbox!!

Thanks.

Evelyn

The plot keeps getting more involved
Part 56 left my brain numb!

Thanks, Evelyn.

DW Your speculation is close in some aspects. As Iolanthe said, Mayson is a successful investigative reporter. laugh Thanks!

Cristina Yep, complicated!

A good thing about long stories is that you have time to slowly weave in characters and events - and it's nice to pull it all together.

I'm very curious to see how much of the story Mayson manages to put together
Part 56 is Mostly Mayson. Is that a good thing?

I'm a b-plot kinda writer!

Thanks, Christina.

Michael

This is going to end up badly. And not for the trollop but for the slut.
LOL - You're right, Michael - I've said from the beginning that this will end happily for the good guys. Thanks for all of your comments.

Thanks, Seme. Glad you're enjoying it.

Bellarata I didn't like Mayson much either. And we're in good company as shown by your sig!

Thanks.

Corrina.

Blogger
Blogger
Hi Female Hawk,

I've been following this story for a while now and despite my best efforts I can't resist it's charms (let me explain). I live in Melbourne and yet, am not a footy fan. I tend to drift more towards the arts and find the football culture and off field behaviour of the players, at times, more than overbearing. And if I'm honest, I only count down the days to the grand final just so I don't have to hear about football players for a few brief months. So you can imagine that selling me a story about a world where Lois Lane is completely wrapped up in all of this was a tough ask.

HOWEVER, I've loved this story and the characters you've developed, I've also loved reading about the characters travelling through destinations that are so familiar to me, what a treat! You've done a fantastic job building the suspense and sorting out practical ways to make a long distance relationship work (even if they can cheat with a little help from superpowers!).

I just have one request: Melbourne is renowned for its amazing coffee and for its snobbery when accepting nothing less than a well made espresso/cappuccino/latte/macchiato/ristretto etc. I find it hard to believe that a Lois Lane who grew up in Melbourne would offer Clark instant coffee! Please buy the Herald Sun an espresso machine wink

Thanks so much for such a great story, I'm loving ever chapter and though I'm loath to admit it, have even enjoyed the bits about footy smile

Cheers.

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Hi frequentflyer

Thanks for the FDK.

I'm glad you brought up coffee, because I've been meaning to explain that for ages.

I was in North America last year and being honest, I found the coffee strong and bitter. Yuk! (Sorry if that offends anyone!) Therefore, my assumption was that any North American would find our coffee weak and insipid. (Bob, who spent time in Melbourne, told me that that wasn't the case, but I'd already written it by then.)

It was also my impression that the coffee culture in Melbourne (which I love) is a relatively recent thing. (It's possible that I was slow to discover it!) However, my memory is that it wasn't so big in 1996 - and that many work places still drank instant coffee then.

Thanks for you input. I was really conscious when writing this that there was no way I could represent Melbourne as a whole (let alone the entire country!) My experiences/likes etc are going to be different to someone who lives a few suburbs away! However, I enjoyed bringing a little of my world into a Lois and Clark fic.

Thanks for reading - even the footy bits!

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard