Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Good idea to have Lois point out how some of her martial arts training would have occurred in much the same manner as what Clark was doing with Alt-Lois.

I want you to know how much I appreciate your wiliness to go through this kind of hell for me,” she said. “It means the world to me.”
Did you mean to say 'wiliness' or 'willingness' here? wink

Cause, it did take some wiliness to help her out, but still...

Anyways, thank goodness they are giving themselves a reprieve at the end! Dinner and wine is just what they need! smile

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
L
L Offline
Columnist
Columnist
L
Thanks for the edit! I fixed it.

I meant willingness.

I took classes as I described in the story. I took normal ones, but I did actually get hurt. The 'attacker' surprised me by running at full speed front-facing at me and knocking me down. I believe he intended to not hit me so hard with the impact, but I tore my rotator cuff and hit my head so hard that I actually 'saw stars'.

I told him to keep in character and worked on fighting him off anyway, as I figured you'd be more likely to actually be injured and stunned were it real.

Silence is violence. End white supremacy based violence
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
I'm really liking this story, but every so often I get confused as to who's talking. D: That's the trouble with cross-universe fics. razz

~•~
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Another heartbreakingly beautiful part. Alt-Lois hugged our Clark clap And I did expect her to mentally kick him, just to show she's learned something laugh

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Another great part!

Good for them for taking a break and just having a normal dinner and conversation!

smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
good chapter

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
“I just made Superman say ‘wow'."

“You’ve done that before…”

“But usually the lights are down low, and there’s a bed…”
Tee hee hee!

And I agree with Queenie - you might want to start calling the Loises and Clarks by different names, because I was getting a little confused at times as to who was who!

A powerful moment. Canon Clark would of course be horrified that he could abuse alt-Lois like this. As you said in "Long Strange Trip", how could any variant of him hurt any variant of her? But now canon Clark (who we know is a really good guy) has hurt a Lois. No wonder he feels such terrible guilt.

It makes sense that it's canon Lois who pulls canon Clark back from the brink of obsessing. I really like her explanation that it's really tough training. Lois realizes that her alt version is tough enough to handle it.

Alt-Clark, of course, is more worried about his wife than he is about himself. The Clarks do care very deeply for the Loises. (except, of course, for the evil Lord Kal on the alternate alternate world, who did "care" for Lois in a vicious and sadistic way, as detailed in "Long Strange Trip" .

Features Writer
Features Writer
Continuing to like this development, you had a really well written perspective on how defensive training sometimes needs to be spontaneous. The bad guy is never going to give his victim a chance to "get ready" so like Lois told her hubby, his surprise attack wasn't out of line. And I liked that Prime #1 Clark hugged alt Lois and she didn't freak out. It was almost like a surprise attack, only not malicious, and she demonstrated the strength to deal with it.

Keep it coming, can't wait to see what happens next in the storyline.

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard