Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#74146 09/28/10 02:42 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Preview of 55

"We're not sure about the murderer yet," Lois cautioned. "The man I saw in the library might not be Marcus Kendray."

"But it could be," Clark said as he kissed her cheek. "Lois Lane - I think you have a natural talent for this."

"I was incredibly lucky to overhear what I did. The tough bit was writing it up so it was easily understandable." She smiled. "You were a great help."

"There's always an element of luck in chasing down a story. Sometimes a lead goes somewhere ... sometimes it doesn't." Clark grinned. "Do I get to share the byline?"

"Do you want to?"

"No," he said, sobering. "I know you *had* to tell the police that I was the one who overheard the men in the library, but there's nothing to be gained from emphasising my involvement in this story."

"Pity," she said. "Lane and Kent - nice byline." She grinned. "Ah, well, you can share my bed instead."
Thanks!

Corrina.

K
Blogger
Blogger
K
I'm really enjoying this story. Oooh, was I afraid the three un-trustable execs would call ahead and have the bugs removed before they were found. But I'm glad not everyone is corrupt in this world. Looking forward to the next part!

Katie

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Woo! Seb was awesome here. It's really nice for Lois to have a big brother.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Did I mention that I'm loving Seb?!?!? The more I read, the more I like him. He doesn't know what Lois's is up to. And the information he has is unclear at best (not to mention more than a little worrying). And not only does he have blind faith in her; he's also tying loose ends.

And the prospect of Lois and Clark investigating together; the idea -even if it's only that so far- of them sharing a byline... it's great smile . Are we witnessing the birth of the hottest team in town? laugh

Keep 'em coming!!!

Cris
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wow, that's what you call a really big break.

I did not expect Seb to tell both Chris and Ezzie something like this. I really hope it won't backfire, but since Lois's story broke the same day, they're probably safe.

"So she's *sleeping* her way to a story?"
Well, one could argue that her sleeping with Clark led to her getting the story laugh

"But only a short time," she said with an evocative look that sizzled his blood. "We're going to have to choose whether we want to talk over what happened last night, or whether we want to push that aside for a while and find other ways to make up."
Awww, those poor kids. Now they have to rush through their first make-up sex devil

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Another fantastic chapter!! Soooo glad that the story held together for Lois!! Glad Lois and Clark are getting to spend some time together.

Can't wait to see what happens next!

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
That was such a nice chapter! Great for Lois for getting the biggest story of her footy journo career! clap

I really like Seb too! At first I wasn't so sure, but the more I read about him, the more I really like him.

The scene between Chris and Seb was so sweet as was Seb have "really" blind-faith in Lois and tying up those ends that could really have back-fired badly.

smile

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I am still reading and still enjoying! But I must take issue with those who characterize Seb's trust in Lois as "blind faith." It isn't blind. It's based on his knowledge and understanding of her, her history, her personality, and her character. She's asked him to trust her on the basis of their relationship.

Had this been "blind faith," Seb wouldn't know anything concrete about Lois or her character. But he trusts her because he does know her. And she's going to reward his trust in her.

And I like Seb, too. He's showing a lot of character in his actions with both Esmeralda and Chris. He wisely fled from the honey trap and opened his heart to the woman with the real attraction to him. Esmeralda wanted Seb to fill a few moments of her time. Chris wants to know if Seb can join his heart to hers. Much better choice.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Sorry for the delay in responding.

Katie Hi. Thanks for the FDK. I didn't even think of having the bugs removed before the police did the sweep.

Amy Despite her previous bad experiences with men, this Lois wasn't as skittish about entering a relationship as other incarnations of Lois. I think having Seb in her life helped with that.

Thanks.

Cristina

Are we witnessing the birth of the hottest team in town?
Could be wink

Thanks.

Michael

Well, one could argue that her sleeping with Clark led to her getting the story
True! Thanks, Michael.

Bellarata I needed a footy story to ease Lois into the world of an investigative reporter. Clark helps Lois - again ... this is a Down Under fic, so sometimes things work backwards! Thanks!

DW Thanks, DW. With Seb being pro-merger, his true character took a little while to emerge. I'm glad you like him now you know him better.

Terry Good point. I haven't gone into too much detail of the Lois and Seb history - but I'm glad you've picked up that this is a really close relationship, forged in the years of growing up together.

Thanks, Terry.

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard