F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
Interesting part.

I believe I need to go and read the other tale, we are told this is a
Sequel to Long Strange Trip
and then this one to understand what is going on.

Assuming others are in the same boat.

Table of contents for this tale

On the forum
Long Strange Trip

On the archive
Long Strange Trip by L

The blurb about Long Strange Trip says
Alt-Clark never imagined that *his* Lois had been forced into an alternate world by Tempus years ago. Thanks to the benevolent intervention of Herb Wells, Lois returns home, much changed. Years of suffering at the hands of Clark's dark doppelganger -- Lord Kal-El -- have left their mark. Can she ever overcome her trauma to recognize her soulmate wearing the face and form of her tormentor, or will she succeed in destroying his standing amongst humanity definitively?

Framework4
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ooh, their first fight. And make-up. Is it bad if I'm happy they're fighting openly and honestly without pulling punches?

“He didn’t do anything wrong and I will try to make him understand that."
Meanwhile, our Clark goes in vertical circles around the room, muttering about him not everything wrong and Lois telling him he's obsessing.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Progress! The chapter was short but intense. I think she is definitely stronger them she was. More soon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Features Writer
Features Writer
BOOM!!! and now the pressure is off, for a little while anyway. That argument in that format was exactly what they needed and I'm so glad Clark let his impulses get the better of him. The more he does that the more she'll get used to it and she'll get tired of being afraid.

I gotta wonder if her Clark couldn't help her train though, on the mind blocking thing, not him throwing thoughts at her, but both of them working together to block the other Clark, just at first, until she's strong enough to do it on her own. He could help her lift the bricks into place, or push the tractor...or like playing doubles tennis against a single expert. Lois takes a shot, then her Clark does, giving her a breath to recoup.

Just an idea.

TEEEEEEJ

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Another great part.

Under normal circumstances he avoided super-speeding to her because he knew that Kal had done it – appeared out of nowhere, shattering her momentary sense of security.
So really, every day, he acts less than he is, so that he doesn't frighten her.

"Watching someone you love hurt the way you do isn’t exactly a walk through the park.”
The love is what will save them.

If he was afraid to upset her with honesty, she would never get this kind of truthful outpouring of feeling again.
So true, and so critical. And they are both walking on eggshells.

She stood there listening to him. Her heart felt like it was being crushed. She had injured him with her words and now she didn’t know how to recover.
Again, the honesty is so critical. I'm glad that they know and love each other well enough that they're able to get past even this tough time.

“I was angry at everything and I decided to act like a five year old. I do care what happened, Lois. I really do care. And I desperately want to hear about what happened and know that you’re okay. Please don’t think I ever don’t care what’s going on or that I don’t care about what you want.”
If they can be honest like this with each other then there is a lot of hope for their marriage. The description you write of their fight is very good. It's very real.

Why wouldn’t we envy people who are so much like us but without the hideous baggage?
Ah, Lois, but then you and alt-Clark wouldn't make such good story fodder! wink

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard