Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#74071 09/25/10 06:20 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Preview of 54

Clark secured a towel around his waist and wandered from the bathroom and into Lois's bedroom. He heard a noise behind him and a few seconds later, the key slipped into the lock of the front door.

It was Lois. It was her heartbeat.

Clark walked out of the bedroom.

She saw him and stopped.

She quarter smiled as their eyes met.

He half smiled - it was so good to see her.

Her smile widened to three quarter strength, and her eyes dropped lower.

"You're home early," Clark said in a voice that wasn't quite steady.

"I have a story to write up," she said, her gaze meandering up to his face. "I'm hoping you will help me with it."
FDK goes here.

Thanks!!

Corrina.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
OOh great stuff! The plot certainly thickens with the footy story and everything else!! eek

I love that they are going to be working together on the stories and how Lois was right at home in Metropolis to take off and do her library research! Way to go, Lois!

And good for her to put Clark off when he was too upset and worried to be reasonable and listen and she was too tired anyway -- better to wait when they are both in a better frame of mind.

Glad to see the preview showed them talking and smiling at each other! So glad you give us the little previews -- Thanks bunches dance

EvelynC
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Lois's life does make just about anyone else's look simple right now. smile

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Is it bad that I'm hoping that Lois has to let SEb and Chris in on her secret? I love Seb - he's an awesome character!

Looking forward to the next part! I'm really enjoying this story!

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
She'd run into Mayson Drake! Wasn't Metropolis supposed to be a *big* city?
No, actually, it's a village.

The disappointing reality was that she still had no evidence that Nigel St John had been involved in the busted smuggling ring in England. She knew that the reported incidents of ecstasy use in New Troy had increased dramatically around the time he'd arrived in the States ... but the link was tenuous at best.
Uh-huh...

"I heard a whisper," Bazza said earnestly. "Some inside info."

"What sort of inside info?"

"The winner of this year's Brownlow."
What are the odds of three Aussies moving several thousand miles away from their homeground and then talking about inside information only to be overheard by the best footy journo in Australia clap

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Clark in a towel, that is never a bad thing!

Lois sounds like she could sleep for hours poor girl.

~I Love this tragic sometimes magic awful beautiful life!~
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Loved that Lois was at the right place and at the right time for probably the biggest story of her career, what but were the odds of that?

Great that Mayson didn't see Lois - that would have raised just too many questions especially (and i do think so) if Mayson recognised her from that grainy photo.

Seb's head probably is ready to explode with all the bits and pieces info he knows about Lois' current doings, but will they (Seb and Chris) later be let in on the big secret?

"So this has nothing to do with the drugs, nothing to do with why you need info about ecstasy, nothing to do with why Chris thinks you're with a Hawthorn footballer, and nothing to do with why you came to my shop in the middle of the night asking for a chunk of opal?"

"No."

"Lois," Seb said, lifting his hands in exasperation. "You make my life look simple."

"Tell me about it," she said wearily.
rotflol

That was so funny!

Anyhow, the preview for the next part sounds promising smile So, I am looking forward to that!

smile

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Evelyn I chose that as the preview so everyone would know that the tiff between Lois and Clark would be quickly fixed.

Thanks, Evelyn - so glad you're enjoying the story.

Amy Lois and complications - they seem to go together! Thanks.

Bellarata Thanks! Glad you like Seb - he has a big part to play in how this will be resolved.

Michael

What are the odds of three Aussies moving several thousand miles away from their homeground and then talking about inside information only to be overheard by the best footy journo in Australia
Low!

But Lois has a knack of being in the right place at the right time - and being in Metropolis just brought that to the fore.

At the latest, when she's run over by a cement truck
It won't be a cement truck! laugh

Thanks, Michael.

2A2TV

Clark in a towel, that is never a bad thing!
Very true!

DW

Great that Mayson didn't see Lois - that would have raised just too many questions especially (and i do think so) if Mayson recognised her from that grainy photo.
I don't have a comment - other than this is an interesting comment!

Thanks, DW.

Corrina.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I can't help but wonder if Mayson would have recognised Clark's baseball cap that Lois was wearing, or his shirt!?

Maybe it will come out later that Mayson DID in fact see Lois!!!

Hoping the next part will be up soon. :p

thumbsup
Elizabeth

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I'm loving Seb!

And I found Lois's need to text Clark and the text itself very sweet.

As for Lois getting the chance to be an investigative reporter on a footy matter... loving that too smile . So, is she going to realize that the Daily PLanet might in fact be the place for her?!?! goofy

Cris

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard