Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
D
Meet Clarkent's parents. smile

Deja Vu

Merriwether
Merriwether
Very nice. The plot is definitely getting more serious and intricate, and I like that Clarkent is growing up enough to see the world around him more clearly. The fact that Loisette's first thought was how inconvenient Visiting Day is to the royalty says a lot about her upbringing, but in true Lois fashion, once she thought about it, she realized how insensitive she has been. I have a feeling there will be future conversations between Clarkkent and Gawain about this, which may prompt Loisette to open her eyes still further.

I also liked the information we got about King Samuel and what's going on with him. The history of the Assigning was interesting, as was the fact that he suspected conditions might not be good for the peasants, but he is just too broken to do anything about it. His surely seems to be a kingdom in decline ... with Alexander waiting in the wings to take over and make things worse. cat

As for the revelation about Clark's birth, I think this bit of info is quite timely given Michael's idea in the last chapter's feedback. I think he makes a good point, and something mysterious is definitely going on with Clark's background. I'm looking forward to seeing it play out!

You could start posting daily, you know ... I wouldn't mind a bit. laugh

Kathy

A
Columnist
Columnist
A
Just caught up with this story...I love it! So many secrets to be revealed, and you're weaving clues in all over the place.

Looking forward to more!
Amber

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Why do I have an ominous feeling that Clarkent just saw his foster parents for the last time?

D
Deja Vu Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
D
Kathy--
I have a feeling there will be future conversations between Clarkkent and Gawain about this, which may prompt Loisette to open her eyes still further.
laugh

His surely seems to be a kingdom in decline ... with Alexander waiting in the wings to take over and make things worse.
Alexander's definitely more than ready, huh?

smile Thanks for the comments!

Amber-- I'm glad you like it! Part of the fun (and challenge) of this story was weaving in stuff all over the place.

Iolanthe--
Why do I have an ominous feeling that Clarkent just saw his foster parents for the last time?
Awww. That would be cruel, wouldn't it? We can't have Clark without his parents, can we?

----------------------

Thanks for the feedback!!
Deja Vu

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wow the exposition on the king was eye-opening an shocking. But also, in his day and age, it's perfectly acceptable and expected for the king to not bother his wife during her pregnancy whenever he gets an itch.

Im sorry--I wasn’t thinking,” Loisette said in a strained voice. “Of course it’s Visiting Day.”

“Everyone wants to see their families sometime,” the Stable Master pointed out gently. “You can’t begrudge them that.”

“You’re right,” Loisette agreed, feeling bad for her insensitivity. “I can’t.”
Am looking forward to seeing her lose her snobbish bratty-ness. Sure, it's not her fault, but still, seeing her transformation should be fun smile

“Clarkent,” his father said with a sigh, “there’s no easy way to say this, so I’ll just spit it out: we’re not your real parents.”
hyper

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
D
Deja Vu Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
D
Michael-- I was pulling off Sam's infidelity in the television show, but I'm glad it was surprising while also making sense.

As for Loisette and her "snobbish bratty-ness," well, she definitely learns a lot in the story, so I am glad you look forward to it!

Thanks for the feedback!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard