Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Originally posted by Ank. K. S.:
I loved how Molly chimed in with a definition for paradoxes. She's a computer science major right?.. so she would have taken some logic courses cool
That doesn't necessarily mean that the concept of paradoxes would have been introduced in them. FWIW, I was a comp. sci. major in the 1980s. The closest we got to an explicit mention of paradoxes in my logic class was a discussion of Godel's theorem. (Stripping away all of the mathematical finery, my recollection -- a quarter of a century later (boy does that make me feel old!) -- is that Godel's theorem stated, "This theorem can not be proven." Any mathematical system sufficiently complex enough to be able to state Godel's theorem must either leave some true theorems unprovable or else must "prove" false theorems.) IIRC, even in the context of discussing Godel's theorem, the actual word "paradox" was never used.

When I was in public school, I used to love paradoxes so much that I decided that in my own mind for my own use, my own personal plural of the word "paradox" would be "paradise."

Joy,
Lynn

Top Banana
Top Banana
I decided that in my own mind for my own use, my own personal plural of the word "paradox" would be "paradise."
Lynn, that's beautiful, wondrous smile

carol

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard