Deja Vu Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
D
Catherine hasn't changed much, has she? smile

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Well, you lost me for a bit, when it was admitted Lois was Gawain. I was totally lost.

Not sure what the whole baby thing was about either.

Other than that, it was a great chapter. I feel so bad for Clark.

Out of Curiosity will there be a age/time jump?

~I Love this tragic sometimes magic awful beautiful life!~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aha, Cat appears! Is she really spying on Loisette, or do they really like each other?

And Lois has discovered the pitfalls of a second identity. People treat you much differently when you're a stable boy and not the princess.

Merriwether
Merriwether
Yes, the true Cat comes out, and we got glimpses of Patrick and Herb, LOL.

I think Catherine and Loisette are really friends; at least, I hope so. I think having the race breaking the ice between them was a clever idea -- just like on the show, the competition between them made things difficult, but I think a little respect for each other's skills would go a long way toward softening that. And Loisette does need a woman's influence in her life as she grows up -- Catherine might not be teaching exactly what King Sam had in mind wink but she can help with much more than an absentee father could.

Loisette's comment about not marrying beneath her was hard to hear -- poor Clark; my heart broke for him, even though she's right that the alternative would be unthinkable (at least for her father). The question is, will Clarkent find a way to become "Sir Charles" in this story, or will Lois break the rules by marrying a non-noble? Can't wait to find out. smile

Kathy

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm not 100% sure of course, but I'm guessing about something further down that could really spoil things. No idea if I'm right, but in case you want to keep the option of surprises left open, skip my FDK while skimming.
s
p
o
i
l
e
r

s
p
a
c
e

Catherine raised an eyebrow. “Princess, if I’m going to be your lady-in-waiting, we have got to start working on your clothes. Fashion has to be your number one priority if you want to attract boys.”

“Boys?” asked Loisette in confusion.
Yes. Boys. As in *stable*boys. Does she really need a diagram? /hopes this will change once her hormones start to develop. razz

“Lady Catherine,” he said, catching the girl’s attention, “I think you should take Agides.”
Wonder how that's going to fly.

Gawain rolled his eyes. “Oh, whatever! We’ll do a different story next time.” He crossed his arms and began muttering something about sensitive stableboys.
rotflol But I do wonder what's up with the barbarians and... OMG! rotflol They are fun together. I just hope that Alexander's mistress is Miranda and not Catherine. But given Alexander's possessiveness I doubt he and Catherine would last.

“Oh, all right!” Catherine exclaimed. “If you’re bored, then let’s do something. What do you want to do? Horseback riding? Archery? Go to court and look at all the handsome knights?”
Ooh, fun. Always a good idea to give Loisette a weapon.

After they found Aliss, she led them to an area outside the castle with several targets set up. A young man with brown hair and a stubble-covered face was standing with a bow in his hand. He swiftly nocked an arrow, drew back, and let it fly. The head of the arrow buried itself in the exact middle of the target. Reaching back into his quiver, the man pulled out another arrow, and seconds later an arrow was whizzing through the air again. It split the first arrow, going right down the middle of it. He turned to them with a smile; it was obvious he had known someone was watching.
So, Patrik's trying out for Robin Hood? /wonders how that will play out/

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
D
Deja Vu Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
D
tooaddicted2tv-- I am sorry to hear I lost you for a bit, but I am glad you liked it anyway! As for the age jump issue, starting with chapter 11, where Clarkent is 14, a year will pass every 2-4 chapters (for instance, Clarkent will be sixteen in Chapter 16) until we hit a certain crucial point where a lot of stuff happens. I hope that helps answer your question!

Iolanthe-- Guess those secret identities have a lot of ups and downs, huh?

Kathy-- Glad you liked the race as an icebreaker for Loisette and Catherine. I hope you like the way things go!

Michael-- Your feedback is always rather amusing, heh. I am glad you think Catherine and Loisette are fun together--I was always sad how Cat was removed from the series, as she offered some good conflict. As for your plot comments, well, I think this is the part where I smile mysteriously and say nothing. smile

-------------------

Thanks for the feedback, folks! laugh
Deja Vu

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Glad you enjoy. And am intrigued on the fast forward. Teenaged L&C can be lot's of fun. Especially in the early middle ages. evil

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard